"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazing Title Music(s)!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள சம்பத், வெங்கட், மற்றும் நம் எம்.எஸ்.வி.டைம்ஸ் நண்பர்களே,

ஃபாரம் பக்கங்களை புரட்டி வருகையில் இந்த "முன்னிசை, இடையிசை, த்லைப்பிசை" பக்கம் படித்தேன். மெல்லிசைமன்னரின் பாடல்களுக்கு எந்த அளவு ஈர்ப்பு உள்ளதோ, அதே அளவு தலைப்பிசை, பின்னிசைக்கும் உண்டு. இது நம் எல்லோருக்கும் நன்கு தெரியும் எனினும், இவையெல்லாம் எண்பதுக்குப்பின் தான்
பிற்ந்தது என்றெல்லாம் பிதற்றும் உலகத்திற்கு உணரவைக்க எழுதுகிறேன்.

Title Music of :

1. புதையல் : வைத்தியின் ஆபீசில் முதன்முதலாக கேட்டேன்.
மெல்லிசைமன்னர்களின் முதல் சில படங்களில் ஒன்றான இதில், இப்படி ஒரு இசையா ? ஒரு த்ரில்லுடன் வயலின் ஆரம்பிக்க மாண்டலின் பின் கிட்டாரில் அருமையான மெலடி - அதோடு வயலினில் தொடர்வதோ த்ரில்லிங் இசை. மெலடியையும், த்ரில்லையும் எப்படி சேர்தார் என்பது எவனும் நினைத்துக்கூடப்பார்க்கமுடியாத அதிசயம். பின் ஒரு வயலின் கூட்டம் மேல் ஏற, அத்னுடன் இணைவதோ மெலடி வயலின்.
தொடர்வது flute folk !! அப்பப்பா ! இதே patten இறுதிவரை !
இந்த படம் நான் பார்த்ததில்லை - ஆனால் படத்தின் ஒட்டத்தை உணரமுடிந்தது. விரைவில் பார்த்து உறுதி கொள்ள நினைத்துள்ளேன்.

2. தவப்புதல்வன் : வெங்கட் என் வீட்டுக்கு வந்து போட்டுக்காண்பித்தான். இந்துஸ்தானி இசையின் சாரம் இது.
அருமையான சிதாரில் ஆரம்பிக்கும் நம் மாஸ்டர் வயலினில் தொடர்ந்து, ஷெனாயில் களை கொடுத்து, தபலாவை உடன் விளையாடவிட்டிருப்பார். இடையில் தவில் வேறு.
பின் தொடரும் இசை பற்றி எழுத்தில் விளக்கமுடியவில்லை.
இசை முடிவு - அருமையான சிதார், கோவில் மணி, வயலின்கள்.
கேட்டால்தான் அதன் அருமை தெரியும்.

தொடர்வேன்.

ராம்கி.

S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramki Sir,

Raman Thediya Sita title music kai Ungal veetil kaetu, naan oru nimidam adipoitaen Sir. Adhai Pattrium Thangal Ezhudha vaenumendru Kaetukolgiraen.

Violin Kootam - Indha Sotrodarai Naan Veguvaaga Rasithaen .

With love
Sampat
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: AMAZING THREAD!!! Reply with quote

Dear Ramki,

Amazing start. Intha Mellisai Mannarin Isaikku than eedu inai ethu????? I should compliment Ram for introducing me to this collection of title music by MSV. I literally became mad after these and started ripping the titles from so many movies (probably aroud 100 of them now). I would rate theese title collection as an ultimate collection of mine. The titles are so amazing and each title is so unique and leaves me spellbound and speechless each time I listen to them. I am also absolutely astonished as to how our Legend beautifully narrates the story of the movie in the title itself!!!!!! As Prof Raman always says - MSV, AN UNPARALLELED GIANT INDEED!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Amazing Title Music Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vaidy and friends,
There is nothing fro MSV'S STABLE that does not amaze us. As I frequently say, he is a phenomenon with immaculate skills of music be it for songs or BM or titles. Another dimension of this wizard is perfection, irrespective of the monetary returns for his work. In every trade, price is claimed to be quality based though clients do not deem it their duty to pay a price on their own for quality. Can we conceieve of someone else who has been availed of every inch without commensurate rewards? He is unique for his rigid standards. Consider these observations of mine.

Kaadhalikka Neramillai
Anbay vaa
Parakkum paavai
Kaasay thaan kadavulada
Ulagam sutrum vaaliban
Ninaiththalay inikkum
Ooty varai uravu as a few typical cases.

These movies do not boast of any serious story line. It is a task for any MD to pitch on a few raagas to comfortably potray the "things to come" as lead information to the movie in titles. In clueless amalgam of instances, how brilliantly MSV has led the show. To use a favourite expression of mine MM ever builds order out of chaos.
Look at the title work in Kaadhaikka neramillai, where the instruments rapidly follow in grand sequence setting the tone for the hilarity in abundance . Beats are also changed to drag us into the centre of the screen. He has exploited every tile card in this movie to motivate the viwer to be thoroughly enjoying his team's mesmerism. As the cards end Muthuraman and the then unknown Kanchana stay as frozen images who are brought to life by [ lapse dissolve technique in reverse gear as a pictorial effect - A.Vincent] while MSV's troupe led by mandolin-guitar extravaganza give the right opening -Yenna paarvai undhan paarvai.
The entire movie crew has had an excellent paarvai [vision] in making the visual - breathtaking shots across beach road, elevated to the skies by MM. The movie is now 43 years old, and puts to shame any claims of technology by its sheer contribution from live recording of instrumental bonanza. There are umpteen such through all the movies of MM's work. So friends MSV brings to life any situation.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Amazing Title Music Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vaidy and friends,
There is nothing fro MSV'S STABLE that does not amaze us. As I frequently say, he is a phenomenon with immaculate skills of music be it for songs or BM or titles. Another dimension of this wizard is perfection, irrespective of the monetary returns for his work. In every trade, price is claimed to be quality based though clients do not deem it their duty to pay a price on their own for quality. Can we conceieve of someone else who has been availed of every inch without commensurate rewards? He is unique for his rigid standards. Consider these observations of mine.

Kaadhalikka Neramillai
Anbay vaa
Parakkum paavai
Kaasay thaan kadavulada
Ulagam sutrum vaaliban
Ninaiththalay inikkum
Ooty varai uravu as a few typical cases.

These movies do not boast of any serious story line. It is a task for any MD to pitch on a few raagas to comfortably potray the "things to come" as lead information to the movie in titles. In clueless amalgam of instances, how brilliantly MSV has led the show. To use a favourite expression of mine MM ever builds order out of chaos.
Look at the title work in Kaadhaikka neramillai, where the instruments rapidly follow in grand sequence setting the tone for the hilarity in abundance . Beats are also changed to drag us into the centre of the screen. He has exploited every tile card in this movie to motivate the viwer to be thoroughly enjoying his team's mesmerism. As the cards end Muthuraman and the then unknown Kanchana stay as frozen images who are brought to life by [ lapse dissolve technique in reverse gear as a pictorial effect - A.Vincent] while MSV's troupe led by mandolin-guitar extravaganza give the right opening -Yenna paarvai undhan paarvai.
The entire movie crew has had an excellent paarvai [vision] in making the visual - breathtaking shots across beach road, elevated to the skies by MM. The movie is now 43 years old, and puts to shame any claims of technology by its sheer contribution from live recording of instrumental bonanza. There are umpteen such through all the movies of MM's work. So friends MSV brings to life any situation.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Sir,

Most of MGR's films perfectly fit in this list. Without songs, MGR's films are not worth to watch, even for people in those days. MGR wouldn't even dream of doing a film without songs. And for MGR, only MSV has given the variety and consistency in making his songs hit. In his composition for MGR's films all the songs in the film would be hit.

P. Sankar - Tirunelveli.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dad,

Astonishing title tracks - "Pudhayal" and "Thavapudhalvan".... And your description is just apt for these tracks. Great narration!!!

Yes, I remember the impact everyone of us had when we first heard the "Pudhayal" track at Vaidy Uncle's office around midnight! Simply superb!

And Vaidy uncle, thanks for mentioning about my title track collection. But everyone of us stand awe-stuck admiring your diligence in collecting whole lot-of title tracks....! Great work!!!

And Dad more analysis like these, please! Very Happy

msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

வைத்தி அவர்களே ( நம் மாஸ்டரின் பாஷையில்)

100 பட டைட்டில் இசை என்றைக்கு எனக்கு தரப்போகிறீர்கள் ?
கேட்க என்னால் பொறுத்திருக்க முடியாது.

Please

RAMKI

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates pls
Venkat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently Dr.Siva KTV-la parthen.
The title music is amazing.
Movie songs CDs -la intha mathiri title music / theme music -iyum serthu kodutha romba nallarukum.

Two more examples:
Pudhiya Paravai:
Unnai Ondru ketpen - starting-la varum piano with claps.
Chittukuruvi - Starting with beautiful flute and folk style.
Intha rendu songs-oda starting bits CD-la not available.

The same way:
Naan paarthathile from Anbe Vaa...
Beautiful humming of TMS and PS...
CD-la intha lovely bit not available.

Why the music recording companies are not doing this...
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: MSV'S RECOLLECTIONS Reply with quote

Dear Friends
On several occasions, MSV has placed on records with simultaneous pleasure and pain that some movie makers used to make the very best out of him. At least two of them have SQUEEZED MSV to draw the best out of him. By MM's admission these were Sridhar and MGR and later in a personal conversation with MSV, I learnt that SS Vasan of Gemini was another. But, with uncontaminated humility MSV always reminds us that all had only one desire -that was quality. Quite number of observers have said that MSV used to work tirelessly from morning till late night. Neither he, nor his songs ever wore a tired look. In fact they stay vibrantly young and invitingly fresh as time passes by. To quote MSV's observation, "only those that stay even after 30 years alone are 'Paattu, others please 'NIPPAATTU'.
tHAT IN SHORT IS THE GRANDEUR OF THIS GRAND COMPOSER.
WARM REGARDS Prof.K.Raman Madurai
msvramki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

Great writing on the quality of MSV's products irrespective of the pressure mounted on him by the Directors/actors !

Ramki
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: QUITE ADDICTIVE THIS MSV!!! Reply with quote

Dear All,

A week back I happen to watch Kaadhalikka Neramillai on TV. Though the show started at 1030 PM, I missed the first half hour (though I have seen it many many times, I still feel there was something amiss when I wasn't able to see it from the beginning!!!) I put on my headphone and watched the rest of the movie & Our Master's melodies.... my God, what a work by MSV. I called Venky and told him that it was quite an amazing experience to compltely listen to the entire musical marvel without the interference of the outside world!!! True.... MSV moments - Moments of Life!!!

Cheers
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Amazing title music Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy,
To be able to enjoy Kadhalikka neramillai , it is absolutely essential to watch right from Chitraalaya emblem from where MSV begins his mesmerism of harmonious music . Song sequences have been exploited to the best output of choreography, picturisation, composition and placement
No wonder you felt 'deprived' though in this case it was self-inflicted. That is the magic of Sridhar-Vincent, Kannadasan -MSV legends of TF industry.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman, Madurai
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said.
I too watched the movie for our Master's Music.
Each song is a gem.
Re-recording too will be very good.

During last week, four comedy classics were shown in SunTV.
All were by our beloved MM. All were musically and comically very good.
They are:
1. Server Sundaram
2. Kasedan Kadavulada
3. Kaadalikka Neramillai
4. Galatta Kalyanam

This week DeivaMagan, Enga Veetu Pillai.
Today Anbe Vaa. Seen many times. But still for the music I am going to watch again.

In addition to SSV, Sridhar and MGR, KB and Bheemsingh are other directors for which our MM's music will be extraordinary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Preludes, Interludes, Title Music, Re-recording, BGMs All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: