"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recollection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Ilamai Koluvirukkum from Hello Mr Jamindar Reply with quote

Another masterpiece from the Viswanathan-Ramamurthi-Kannadasan-PBSrinivas team. The great, superb, excellent, mellifluous, melody, whatever applies you can fill it. Best song from PBS. Sudarsanam pictures have produced such nice films including this one, Aval Yaar, etc. Of course Aval yaar has md by KVM. Ilamai koluvirukkum, inimai kudiyirukkum, iyarkai valamirukkum paruvatthilae, pen illaamal sugamillai ulagatthilae. what a song. You should have born at that time to grow with these songs. We were very lucky. Lyrics simply best.
V. Raghavendran.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Punnagaiyil Oru Porul - Bhavani Reply with quote

T.R.Ramanna, K.S.Gopalakrishnan, MSV - can you find this combo in any other film? This itself is a proof of what is in store for the fans. MSV took the challenge and produced one of the outstanding musics of all times in this film. Punnagaiyil oru porul vandadu, poomugatthil thanga niram vandadu, Gangaiyilae pudu punal vandadu, kangalilae kaadal en vandadu? TMS has given life to this song. SA Asokan was the hero. There is another song in this film which I mentioned elsewhere, Indha nilavai naan parthaal, adhu enakkena vandadu polirukkum. Those who have ears for music will completely immerse themselves in this song. And to top it all, our favourite LR Easwari's number, Malligai hoi, manvizhi, thenmozhi - simply great.
Before discussing it is necessary you hear these songs first.
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Kai viralil pirandadu - Kallum Kaniyaagum Reply with quote

TMS ALRaghavan co-production. All the songs were hits. This song proved the versatility of the great TMS. The beats will vary like anything and it is a tough and challenging one for today's singers. I don't know how many will be able to accept it. Kai viralil pirandadu naadam, en isaiyil pirandadu geedam, isaiyin mazhaiyil nanaindu, .... TMS will virtually take you along with him. Masterpiece of Masterpiece.
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Valli malai maan kutti - Anbalippu Reply with quote

Do you want folk - here it is. Yes, Vali Visu proved their mettle in this song. Folk style. As usual it is Murugesh I think, who gave the horse beat for this heart beat song. Sivaji Sarojadevi excelled in this number with folk flavour.
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Vaa andha ulagathin - Odum Nadhi Reply with quote

If you are 50 or around, you will tap your feet for this song even without listening this. Yes, you can test it. Fast number with melodic style. TMS P Suseela again. These songs cannot be described in words. You will have to feel it. you will feel it.
V. Raghavendran
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragavendran Sir,

You deserve a standing ovation. You are really digging out lots of hidden treasures. "Kai viralil pirandhadhu natham" and "Indha nilavai Naan paarthal" are trademark MSV greats.

P. Sankar - Tirunelveli
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ragavendran Sir, I have talked about this song "Manam Kanivana antha kanniyai kandal kallum kanivagum" in this forum.

Some years back also I have casually listened to this song. But recently I purchased a cassette collection containing the duets of TMS-P.Susheela. It had all great hits like Muthukkallo kangal, Pachaikkilli Muthucharam, Mella varum katru, Anbu nadamadum..and along with that I happened to listen to this song. When I started to listen again and again this song I was spellbound. When TMS sings "Paathi kannai moodi thiranthu paarkum paarvai kadhal virundhu" and leaves a pause, andha kadhal mayakathai kattum vidhamaga P.Susheela tharum oru humming miga miga pramadham.
In the next saranam, when TMS sings "vandu pola paadi paranthal" and leaves a pause again, andha 'paadi paranthal' Vaarthaikalukku yerpa P.Susheela oru breath-taking humming aarambithu paadi paranthu oru sutru sutri varuar paarungal, AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! According to the lyrics, our master would have composed beautifully.

P. Sankar - Tirunelveli
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Oh little flower from Neelavaanam Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I sincerely convey my thanks for your appreciation for crossing century. I need a million posting to write about MSV, for a minimum. That is his credential.
Dear Sankar,
You'd mentioned about the Idhu Satthiyam song. Yes, it is one of the greatest compositions of the duo. Each and every bit of the song is class. Sometimes in fact every time, I am unable to find words about the legend's compositions.
Another such outstanding one is from the film NEELAVANAM. K.Balachander's screenplay and dialogues, P. Madhavan's direction, Devika's outstanding performance and to top it all the first film for MSV individually in Nadigar Thilagam's film, make this a landmark film. Ohho odum megangalae, Sollada vai thirandhu, another by L R Easwari and the TMS's oh little flower are all gems. This song is simply superb since MSV would have converted TMS to a pop singer and he would have rendered this in western style. But the tune was a classic south indian. And this is what MSV differs from others. When TMS sings oru daram, orey daram, uravadava, vilaiyadava, then the instrument will give a lead to the pallavi. And that's where the genius proves.
I like this song like very much.
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Unnai Oor kondu azhaikka from Poojaikku Vandha Malar Reply with quote

Dear friends,
If there are any fans of AR Rahman, pl excuse me. But I can't help it. When I hear somewhere the song, "Thenmaerkku Paruvakkaatru Thaenippakkam", immediately I started murmuring the song "Unnai Oor kondu azhaikka thaer kondu varumaam thendral" from the film Poojaikku vandha Malar. P Suseela deserves full applause for this song. One of the rarest melodies. Sometimes I would long if any FM radio would broadcast this song. No, I couldn't find any station. Each and every bit of this song is a delight. Melody at its best.
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Kangalae Kangalae from Vaazhkkaippadagu Reply with quote

Another best from Kannadasan-PBS-Viswanathan Ramamurthi combo. PBS would have sunk himself into this song and he should have seen the outside world, only after completion of rendering/ recording of this song is over. Such is its influence on your ears.
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Oru marathil kudiyirukkum from Enga Paappa Reply with quote

If any body has some tears left reserve it for this song. You will definitely shed tears after listening to it. When we were school children we were brought up with these kind of songs. And we thank God for that. This is another best from the Master. When TMS sings, "Naadhi illai endru unnai oor sollalaama, ingu naanirundhum unakku andha paer varalaama," he would virtually have taken a seat in your heart. When hee follows, "jaadhi poovil paadhi poovai pirikka mudiyuma", there will be a tough fight between the lyricist, the composer, the singer. It is a challenge, if any one does not get emoted on hearing this song.
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Thaedi thedi kaatthirundhaen from Pen Endral Pen Reply with quote

What is synchronisation of voice and instrument? How will it be when a female voice and a shenoy mingle with each other and ride parallely on the ears for Music? Can an instrument imitate a female voice?
Do you want the answers for all these questions?
Listen this song from the film Pen Endraal Pen. You will immediately tell yourself:
"Thaedi thaedi kaatthirundhaen, ippadippatta paadalai kaetpadharku"
V. Raghavendran
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Adiyae naetru pirandhaval neeyae Reply with quote

There is some discussion going on about the tala structure. This song can be taken up for study for its unique rhythmic pattern. There will be different beats for the Pallavi and the charanams. Another feather in the cap for TMS PSuseela. Adiyae Naetru pirandhaval neeyae from the film En Thambi.
V. Raghavendran
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ragasuda,

"Adiye Netru Piranthaval Neeye" is an excellent number... Very Happy

And if possible, please mention the song name in the body of the posts (apart from mentioning in the subject). Because it may sometimes be difficult for some to read the subject line.. just a thought..

And.... the songs you bring in are really amazing; Now the core crew has a big task ahead. Go thro all of your posts and try to collect and upload these numbers in MSVTimes.com..

Great going... Very Happy
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply to Ram Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
Thank you for the suggestion and I shall follow it invariably. As for the collection, I shall try to give you as many as possible. Please let me know how to give the songs. Can you arrange to collect it. I can give it to Sabesh in the form of CD and if you could be able to get it well and good. Or please suggst some alternative arrangement. I shall convert them to MP3 formats in high quality mode. (256).
V. Raghavendran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: