"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduce Yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Hello Friends!!!! Reply with quote

I am Sriram Kannan..

DOB : 12-08-1984 (Am I the youngest ??? Rolling Eyes )

Joined IBM, Bangalore a yr ago. Completed B.Tech from NIT, Trichy. Based on Trichy, home at Srirangam (Kaveri Aarum Kaikutthal Arisiyum Marandhu Poguma???)

Hobbies : Books 'n' Music.. A fanatic in both... Especially, a die-hard fan of our EMPEROR..

Happy to join the group...

Thanks and Regards,
Sriram
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Friends!!!! Reply with quote

Sriram Kannan wrote:
I am Sriram Kannan..

Joined IBM, Bangalore a yr ago. Completed B.Tech from NIT, Trichy. Based on Trichy, home at Srirangam (Kaveri Aarum Kaikutthal Arisiyum Marandhu Poguma???)

Hobbies : Books 'n' Music.. A fanatic in both... Especially, a die-hard fan of our EMPEROR..

Thanks and Regards,
Sriram

Dear Sriram K

Nice to hear about you. Hearty welcome to the hub. Pls narrate on how you became a fan of MSV. Guys of your age group normally are either fans of Isainyani or ARR . Quite interesting . Which type of songs influenced you a lot ? Keen to know more pls.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Friends!!!! Reply with quote

Warm welcome Sriram Kannan. Youngsters like you should spread the musical magic of our Mellisai Mannar among your circle.

Now present generation is started to listen the compositions of our MSV sir, and wondering that, which need now he gave several decades before.

Pour your items in this forum, we are waiting to know youngsters' view on MSV sir.

S.Balaji wrote:
Sriram Kannan wrote:
I am Sriram Kannan..

Thanks and Regards,
Sriram

Dear Sriram K

Nice to hear about you. Hearty welcome to the hub. Pls narrate on how you became a fan of MSV. Guys of your age group normally are either fans of Isainyani or ARR . Quite interesting . Which type of songs influenced you a lot ? Keen to know more pls.

Balaji sir,

Sriram himself announced that he is the die-hard fan of our MSV sir. Then why you want to divert him to IR and ARR? (just kidding)
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaji Sir is right in a way... I was the only MSV fan in my set in the college, even mentioning him as my favourite MD, raised few eyebrows in surprise, but in the other way, I have to admit this unfortunately. My Parents are themselves MSV fans, so I got used to the old songs from the very beginning. But, the addiction did not come soon. I was in the same mentality too, like Balaji Sir mentioned, that music means IR and ARR. During my schooldays, I only know there was a duo called MSV-TKR, which parted after sometime and worked separately. But, I have watched most of their movies and known most of the songs, not knowing about the speciality of it. Even, most of the movies of our EMPEROR, I thought was composed by other directors. I would really thank the Quiz competition that changed me entirely. It was during my first year in the college, I participated in a movie quiz, and was selected for finals, the prelims were usually on facts, and I was well known of most of them with the courtesy of my parents though. But, when working for finals, I had a small discussion with my father about few of the songs and movies. Most of them turned out to be the EMPEROR's, but I was unaware of it. I was taken by surprise, when my father mentioned about the speciality of the music in few of the songs. We have not talked before about it, especially about movies and all. I never knew before that there is a die-hard fan of MSV is in my house. The insight given by my father turned my attention more towards MSV songs, listening them carefully. The feelings of surprise and admiration, were very common at the start. But, I got used to it later. Nowadays, whenever I go home, the most discussed topic between me and my father is MSV and his songs. So, in my case, I have taken a U-Turn, and very proud of the destination. Smile
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: VOW, WHAT A WAY TO BEGIN!!! Reply with quote

Dear Sriram,

Just out of the world when I read about your experience about (in your own way) OUR EMPEROR!!!. I really envy you for, it never occured to me to call our Legend - The Emperor. It's absolutely heartening to learn that though you were born in 1984 you still fell in our category of rasikas. What a real surprise for MSVTIMES.COM!!! Here's a man to disprove the myth that only TFM belonged to a certain sect. Sriram, a very warm welcome to you and by the way we would also like your father & mother to share their MSV experiences with all of us please.

THERE COMES YET ANOTHER MAN TO UPHOLD THE MSV FLAG ALOFT OVER THE REST!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
CO-MODERATOR
MSVTIMES.COM

Ram

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sriram,

Myself and Venky, 1981 Born, should (happily) envy you taking the title away from us. - "The Youngest MSVClub Member". (Infact Venky is younger to me by a month)

Am sure everyone in our generation would have been greatly influenced by the 80's and 90's trend of Music, but only very few would have had opportunity to time-travel back in Music. As you mentioned, the main and foremost factor is parents' interest in yester Music.

And I feel this varied exposure to Music is something unique and definitely help one have a broad perspective to Music.

Great to have you here !!!

Welcome to Elite "MSV Club" !!!

saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

டியர் SRIRAM KANNAN

உங்களைப்போன்ற இளைய தலைமுறையினரை இந்தக்களத்தில் கண்பதே பெரும் மகிழ்ச்சிக்குரிய விஷயம். அதிலும் நீங்கள் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் தீவிர ரசிகர் என்பதை அறிந்து அந்த மகிழ்ச்சி பல மடங்காகிறது.

நீங்கள் சொன்னது போல இன்றைய தலைமுறையினர், மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசை வண்ணங்களைக் கேட்காமல் இருக்கும் வரைதான் மற்றவர்களின் ரசிகர்களாக இருக்கின்றனர். அவற்றைக் கேட்டு விட்டாலோ அவரது இசை ஜாலம் அனைவரையும் ஈர்த்து விடுகிறது.

வாருங்கள், மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசை ஜோதியில் ஐக்கியமாகிவிடுங்கள்.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sriram Kannan,

I really admire you for using EMPEROR for MSV a word which I didnt use all along Very Happy Well , that says everything about your admiration on Mellisai Mannar .
And I must appreciate your parents for having enlightened you about MSV the genius. Only through our parents, we get the basics right though we also get influenced by what we come across day to day through our friends.
Its really heartening to see the generation of yours have a liking for the music of yesteryears .

And when there are guys like you , Ram, Venky alias Raghavan , we are sure , the divine music of MSV will go on for generations .

Dear Irene ,
I was really curious to know from Kannan on which type of compositions of MSV made him his fan because we all have heard his mesmerising songs and orchestration when he was at his peak . We all enjoyed his music live . We are really fortunate to be part of his halcyan days.
But for people like Sriram Kannan , unless his parents or our website gives them an insight of the nuances of his music, I am afraid, the next generation may not know in future that such greats existed .

And I am sure, for Ram, his Dad Mr. Ramky must have influenced him during childhood days by putting MSV compos.

Believe me, my 6 and half year old son Aakash has been humming ANUBAVAM PUDHUMAI for the last 1 week INCLUDING THE INTERLUDES Shocked Very Happy . Such is the power of MSV's music. I am stunned to see this ! How he got swayed by that song ??!! Its a mystery

Sriram Kannan, all the best

Cheers Very Happy
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR SRIRAM KANNAN,

I WAS FEELING SALUBRIOUS WHEN I WENT THRO" YOUR MAIDEN POST.HEARTENING TO FEEL THE REACH OF MSVTIMES AND ALSO YOUR GENERATION MAKING IT TO GREAT MUSIC. JUST MAKE YOUR PALS HEAR TO MSV COMPOSITIONS AND THE COMPOSITIONS WILL DO THE REST.VERY HEARTY WELCOME TO MSVTIMES.

INCIDENTALLY,YOU ARE THE THIRD '"SRIRANGATHAN"HERE.THE OTHER BEING JAYARAMG ,THE CORE MEMBER OF MSVTIMES WHO IS ALSO AN NIT ,TRICHY ALUMNI(FORMERLY RECT, I BELIEVE 90 PASSED OUT BATCH).

AND I AM THE THIRD ONE.javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy

OOR AFFINITY YAARAITHAN VITTATHUjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy

SHARE YOUR INSIGHTS AND EXPERIENCES ,

WELCOME ONCE AGAIN.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Speak to Members Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sankaranarayana and others ,
Among SRIRANGATHANS I am to be added as it is my native place and Kaignar Vaalee hails from West chitrai st as my humble self too. My Madurai association has made me madhuraman. But no regrets.
With warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sankaranarayan Sir.. Happy to see a fellow collegemate.. Also, orey orrukaaranga Very Happy (Well, I have addressed u as "Sir", as per the senior rules Wink )
irenehastings

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Friends!!!! Reply with quote

Sriram Kannan wrote:
I am Sriram Kannan..

Based on Trichy, home at Srirangam (Kaveri Aarum Kaikutthal Arisiyum Marandhu Poguma???)

s.r.sankaranarayanan wrote:
INCIDENTALLY,YOU ARE THE THIRD '"SRIRANGATHAN"HERE.THE OTHER BEING JAYARAMG ,THE CORE MEMBER OF MSVTIMES WHO IS ALSO AN NIT ,TRICHY ALUMNI(FORMERLY RECT, I BELIEVE 90 PASSED OUT BATCH).

AND I AM THE THIRD ONE.

OOR AFFINITY YAARAITHAN VITTATHU

madhuraman wrote:
Among SRIRANGATHANS I am to be added as it is my native place and Kaignar Vaalee hails from West chitrai st as my humble self too.

So,

oru vazhiyaa 'oorkaaranga' ellaam onnu serndhuteenga polirukku. good.

naanum unga pakkaththu oorkaaran thaan, cauvery thanni kudikiravan thaan.

marandhudaatheenga.
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.Balaji wrote:
Dear Sriram Kannan,

I really admire you for using EMPEROR for MSV a word which I didnt use all along Very Happy Well , that says everything about your admiration on Mellisai Mannar .
And I must appreciate your parents for having enlightened you about MSV the genius. Only through our parents, we get the basics right though we also get influenced by what we come across day to day through our friends.
Its really heartening to see the generation of yours have a liking for the music of yesteryears .

And when there are guys like you , Ram, Venky alias Raghavan , we are sure , the divine music of MSV will go on for generations .

Dear Irene ,
I was really curious to know from Kannan on which type of compositions of MSV made him his fan because we all have heard his mesmerising songs and orchestration when he was at his peak . We all enjoyed his music live . We are really fortunate to be part of his halcyan days.
But for people like Sriram Kannan , unless his parents or our website gives them an insight of the nuances of his music, I am afraid, the next generation may not know in future that such greats existed .

And I am sure, for Ram, his Dad Mr. Ramky must have influenced him during childhood days by putting MSV compos.

Believe me, my 6 and half year old son Aakash has been humming ANUBAVAM PUDHUMAI for the last 1 week INCLUDING THE INTERLUDES Shocked Very Happy . Such is the power of MSV's music. I am stunned to see this ! How he got swayed by that song ??!! Its a mystery

Sriram Kannan, all the best

Cheers Very Happy

Balaji Sir,

Like I mentioned before, I had quite an exposure to the songs of our EMPEROR, even before my addiction towards Him. After realising His mastery, I started listening to his songs with keen interest. Whenever me and my dad used to hear a song, I would ask my dad, whether the song was a hit, what was the super hit song of the movie etc. Most of the times, I would wonder how come only a particular song goes a great hit in the movie, while other songs were equally good. That made me hear to every song of our EMPEROR, irrespective of its popularity among others. In fact, am putting those songs that took my breath apart in the "Pick and Analyze" section. Few of them are already in the list, but I would like to add more to them too.. Thanks to ragasuda.. The songs mentioned in his list is wonderful..

Balaji Sir, Your writing about "Avalukenna Azagiya Mugam" was excellent. I m very pleased to meet you all in this forum. I dont know much about the technicals of music. I am trying to express only my own feelings when i try to pick a song of our EMPEROR. So, if there are any corrections in my writing, most welcome.

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Sriram Kannan on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.Balaji wrote:

ABSOLUTELY !!!

I owe him a lot for sowing MSV's Music in me and thats the reason behind the development of this website !!!
tvsankar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
MSV ku award

MSV in RASIGARGAL tharum aadharavum, asaiyum dhan UYARNDHA AWARD...

Indha Computer Era vil MSV kaga , ORU UYARNDHA WEBSITE SEIDHU IRUKEERGALAE - Idhu dhan Unmaiyana Award to Him...

.Govt Award enbadhu - marandhu poga koodiyadhu.... Anal,

Indha Website - Ulagam muzhundhum - MSV in Greatness aiyum, Avarin Humbleness aiyum Neenda Kaalangaluku Pesum...... MSV fans ai inaikum oru azhagiya BRIDGE aga irukiradhae.... Idhu dhan THEVAIYANA, and UYARNDHA AWARD aga feel pannugiren...
Indha SEVAIKU ENNUDAIYA NANRI to MSV WEBSITE MEMBERS....

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: