"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV in touch with nature.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: MSV in touch with nature. Reply with quote

Dear Fans,
I would like to list songs in which MSV has used sounds pertaining to nature in his songs. I am sure it will not be complete or exhaustive.Hope you could add on.

Animals and birds.
1. Engirundhalum Vazhga. "Nenjil or Alayam". Frogs and crickets.
2.Ponal Pogattum Poda. Wolf and vultures.
3.Thathai Nenjam. "Servar Sundaram" Parrot.
4.Acham Enbadhu Madamaiyada. Horse hoofs.

Sound effects.
1. Kelvi Pirandhadhu Andru. Train.
2. VazhaNinaithal Vazhalam."Balae Pandya" Water splashing.
3. Pattathu Rani. Whip lash
4.ParakkumPandhu Parakkum. Tennis ball Hit.
5.UngaPonnana Kangal. Pumping cycle Tyre.
6.Andavan Padaichan En kittae Koduthhan. Punctured Tyre leak.
7.Nangal Mannarum Illae. Hair cutting scissors.
8.Appapa Nan Apananllada Baby crying

Imaginary.

1. Chatti suttadhada. Devils
2. Engae Nimmadhi. Angels,devils andnature.
3. Oru Maharajan. Chipmunks.

He obviously loved nature and kept in touch by observation and used it show his appreciation of creation.
Hope to hear more.
Chakravarthy.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Chakravarthy,
Very nice and innovative posting. I shall add couple of songs that comes to my remeberance.

Grinding on the stone (Ammikkal) - Aani muthu vaangivanden
Horse beat - Rajaavin Paarvai
Water - Oru Naalile

N Y MURALI
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unique selection of topic by Sri Chakravarthy.
A few I can add:
1) Chiththirai maadham (Raaman Ethanai Raamanadi)- the sound of train. While 'Kelvi pirandhadhu' has the sound of an Engine,(because the hero is an Engine driver),in this song, it is the sound one travelling in the coach will hear. Mr. Sampath told me that a 5-year old boy after hearing this song (casually) in audio asked, "Is this song sung in a train?"

2) It may be my imagination but the background music of 'Amaithiyaana nadhiniyile' resembles the sound water makes when disturbed ( like when one immerses a pot in a river to fill it!)

3) Azhagukkum malarukkum (Nenjam marappadhillai) The sound of running of the coach and the sound of running horse feet can be felt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Murali and Mr.Parthavi,
Thanks for the response.
I was interrupted during the posting and could not explain. Will try to collect more info and enjoy listening to what you have added to.
The song from Nenjam Marapadillai was good.I hope I am right in assuming that no other MD has used so many sound effects of nature.
I know that Mr Sadhan was one who helped a lot. Are there others also? If so we can dedicate a line of adoration for these artists. With regards.
Chakravarthy.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Comments, Questions , Suggestions Reply with quote

Dear Dr.Chakravarthy,
You have suggested a special reference to mimicry artistes who have been availed of in providing the right mood embellishment to songs. You have also made a reference to the well-known Sadhan and also sought to know of similar exponents on MSV's troupe. Indeed there have been others too who could fill the bill as instrumentalists, singers and multifaceted talents.
Mr. MS Raju tops the list playing Mandolin, Santoor, many other instruments besides the intricate skill of rendering 'KonnakkOl' the art of rendering jathis for dance numbers [Bale Pandiya number 'neeyae unakku endrum nigaraanavan - imitating Mr MR Radha's voice].
Another interesting personality was Mr Murugesan- popular as Meesai Murugesh, who has the credit of orally playing like veena, besides developing his own improvisations like bamboo stubs to simulate sounds of Horse hooves as in 'Rajavin parvai and also making nightmarish sounds by wobbling the wood cutting saw close to microphone to generate sounds chilling the spine as in 'Thane aatrin karaidhanilE in "U U Vaa".He has also lent his mimic support for Kadavul amaiththu vaiththa medai in 'AvaL oru thodar kadhai'
Mr. SaiBaba [ S/O Actor TS Baliah] could play guitar, Mandolin besides mimicry. He rendered the number 'andhappakkam vazhndhavan Romeo' in veettukku veedu for Nagesh.
Many other members of orchestra could sing in female voices even as they were handling instruments. There are several such pieces for us to cherish. Others may please add. Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof,

You indeed shocked me with the speed of your reply. I was about to shut down and checking the topics and was surprised to see a reply.

Thank you Sir for the added information I wanted.
The "saw violin" is quite effective in scary scenes.

Thanking you once again,
With regards,
Chakravarhthy.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV is still continuing this aspect. I heard the songs of 'Vaaliban Sutrum Ulagam' which was released on 29.04.09. There is a song'Thendrale Eni ennai thodadhe'. The start itself is the sound of wind blowing.

N Y MURALI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: