"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ULLATHIL NALLA ULLAM URANGADHENBADHU ( KARNAN )
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: ULLATHIL NALLA ULLAM URANGADHENBADHU ( KARNAN ) Reply with quote

Its Day 16th of the great Mahabarath war. After giving his heart & soul to his friend Duryodhana, the great Karna ( wonderfully portrayal by Nadigar THilagam ) who is invincible in battle ( despite the innumerable curses ) finally is being felled by an adharmic ploy by Krishna INSTRUCTING Arjuna ( Muthuraman ) to attack Karna while he was trying to pull the wheel of his sunken chariot deep from the earth. As Karna was attacked continuously , he stands up and fires back his weapons at Arjuna. This makes Arjuna weak for a moment . Karna uses this opportunity to lift back the wheel. Again, under instructions from his Master Krishna, Arjuna repeatedly fires shafts and inflict heavy wounds on Karna that he falls flat totally disarmed.

But still an annihilated Karna could not be killed as he gets a divine protection from Heaven for all his dharma & noble deeds. A perplexed Arjuna queries at Krishna as to what is the way now to eliminate Karna ??

Lord Krishna now tries to take away his hard earned asset …. Dharma .

As Karna was a NOBLE SOUL , even Krishna feels sorry & sad and sympathetically steps out of his chariot & slowly approaches through a soulful song ….

ULLATHIL NALLA ULLAM URANGADHENBADHU VALLAVAN VAGUTHADHADAA

Penned by the immortal Kavignar Kannadasan for the great B.R.Bandhulu directed KARNAN , this EMOTIONAL classic of a song appears at the climax of the movie.

The Mellisai mannargal MSV-TKR once again proved that they are masters to the situation as they start with a shehnai prelude which itself takes us to a state of depression & gives one an extremely sad feeling as its indicative of events that will unfold shortly. I understand, the great Bismillah Khan was brought in as a special case to play the shehnai part & this could be one such moment where he would have played with finesse along with MSV’s favourite , Shri. Satyam .

Also, the late Mr. Vishweswaran also would have played Santoor as I believe he was a member of the Master during his halcyon days . Salute & pranams to the great Shri. Vishweswaran for the monumental efforts to present us with a class song.

So, the Shehnai dominated prelude along with sitar & Sarod , Sarangi , Santoor , all combined give a tinge of sadness & one will involunatarily be sympathetic of the poor character.

Often, choice of a singer is key to the success of a song. The late SEERGAZI GOVINDARAJAN, a veteran was aptly chosen & he delivers the song using all his expertise

One can hear the birkhas & sangathis flowing incessantly even for this song as SG sings the word karnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…. Varuvadhai edhir kolladaa !!

SG consistently gives heavy sangathi whenever he sings Karnaaa…..

Now, it’s a challenge between 3 ….. Kavignar , the musical duo & the singer SG as the song move to charanam :

Thaikku nee magan illai
Thambikku annan illai
Oorpazi etrayada
Naanum unpazi kondenadaa

The second interlude is all sarangi dominated ……..

The tune for the second charanam is different from the first….

Mannavar pani erkum
Kannan pani seyya
Unnadi panivaanadaa
Manniththu arulvaayadaa……..

The 3rd charanam is ultimate …. the one and only NTR ( Krishna ) appears in disguise as a poor man & pleads to take Karna’s dharma as dhaan !

So, this time the melody music masters apply flute & sitar & Udukkai / pambai only for Kavignar to dominate with :

Senchotru kadan theerka
Seraadha idam serndhu
Vanjathil veenzdhayadaa…. Karnaaaaaaa
Vanjagan kannanadaa….. karnaaaaaaaaa
Vanjagan kannanadaaaaaa !!

Hats off to B.R.Bandhulu for having given a soul stirring situation though this never happened actually in original mahabaratha ! Karna’s head was severed by a sharp arrow of Arjuna while he was trying to lift the wheel . He was killed cruelly , against war rules , an adharmic way . ….but BRB twisted the event only to give a melodrama like Krishna pleading Karna to donate his dharma also so that the character gets more glorified !!

Nevertheless, we audience are the blessed ones for having got the great opportunity of listening a wonderful song & that’s what it matters for music lovers…..

Now, whom we can vote as winner ??!! No way possible as Kavignar beautifully runs through the entire life sketch of Karna right from the moment he was born as an orphan deprived by his mother …..to ……..his glorious days as the king ……and finally to his last moments …… For me the best lyric is . Senchotru kadan theerka Seraadha idam serndhu Vanjathil veenzdhayadaa……..as it sums up everything about Karna !!

Seergazi Govindarajan is an expert of such pathos oriented songs…..This song must have been a cake walk for him …..the heavy sangathis & birkhas ……also, the stress that he gives to each word ……the emotion soaked voice ……..speak volumes …

And the mellisai duo !! what a tune !. what a mind blowing orchestration which will spontaneously evoke tears ……..I haven’t heard a shehnai or santoor or sarangi optimized like this …..

The movie’s re-recording and song tuning as well orchestration … lot of thought process must have evolved….all seem to have been meticulously and consciously planned ………

Extensive use of carnatic ragas with more of Hindustani variety

Greater usage of Hindustani instruments , be it string or percussion or wind

Rich orchestration especially the preludes, interludes etc ….

Be it an introduction song , say ….Mazai kodukkum kodayum oru ……… or an upset empress Savithri eagerly awaiting the arrival of the emperor .. …. Ennuyir thozi kel oru seithi……. Or the love duet ….iravum nilavum valaratume ….. or a loving wife caringly comforts the insulted royal king through…. Kannukku kulam edhu….. or that incomparable andhapuram song….. kangal enge nenjamum ange……or that great moment for a woman getting conceived……manjal mugam niram maari……. & finally to the tearful climax number…… ullathil nalla ullam……..

Mazai kodukkum kodayumoru …… is a very lengthy song structured like a virutham with many participants singing in different octaves ….Seerkazi G, Sundaram, TMS …all sing as individuals but converge during the part…aayiram karangal neetti….when one goes in high pitch, the other 2 underplaying their tone….all nice innovation !

Wait….. TMS at his majestic best for ….. magarajan ulagai aalalaam …. Wonder why BRB failed to picturise !!

Amazing variety of songs ……….all unique & memorable

Each one will have their own favourites I bet ! Impossible to pick the best song …..

If such an album comes today, there will be a grand fiasco & hoopla around with heavy promos & I am sure, the composer would have made huge money out of it but the poor great Masters of yesteryears did the album purely as committed artists in pursuit of excellence

For this movie, the MSV-TKR richly deserved a national award but alas, it was another year in which the magnificent legends went unnoticed ! The music of Karnan is one of the very best of tamil cinema .
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

பாலாஜி அண்ணா...

ஆகா, என்ன ஒரு அருமையான, அற்புதமான அலசல். இவ்வளவு அருமையாக, சுவையாக சொல்ல உங்கள் ஒருவரால் மட்டுமே முடியும்.

ஒரு பாடலைச்சொல்ல வந்து, ஒட்டுமொத்த 'கர்ணன்' படத்தையே கண் முன் கொண்டு வந்து நிறுத்தி விட்டீர்கள். நீங்கள் சொன்ன மாதிரியே அந்த படத்தில் வந்த எந்த பாடலைச் சொல்வது, எந்தப்பாடலை விடுவது

எல்லாப்பாடல்களையும் பற்ரி ஒருவரியில் சொன்ன நீங்கள், இரண்டை விட்டுவிட்டீர்கள்...

பூச்சூடிவர தாய் வீட்டுக்குச்செல்லும் சுபாங்கியை (தேவிகா) பானுமதி (சாவித்திரி) வழியனுப்பி வைக்கும் "போய்வா மகளே போய்வா". அதிலும் அந்த வரி "குளிர் புன்னகை சுமந்தே போய் வா... போய் வா... போ............ய் வா' என்ற இடத்தில் சூலமங்கலம் ராஜலட்சுமி கொடுக்கும் அருமையான சங்கதி....

இன்னொன்று "மரணத்தை எண்ணி கலங்கிடும் விஜயா" (கீதோபதேசம்)

அதுபோல, நீங்கள் சொன்ன "கண்ணுக்கு குலமேது" பாடலில் "பாலினில் இருந்தே...." என்று சுசீலா கொடுக்கும் சங்கதி.... அப்பாடீ

இந்த கண்னதாசனை என்ன செய்தால் தகும்...?

சாதி இரண்டொழிய வேறில்லை - சாற்றுங்கால்
நீதி வழுவா நெறிமுறையில் - மேதினியில்
இட்டார் பெரியோர் இடாதார் இழிகுலத்தோர்
பட்டாங்கில் உள்ளபடி

என்ற நாலடியார் கருத்தை என்ன அழகாக புத்தியுள்ளார்...!!!

கொடுப்பவர் எல்லாம் மேலாவார் - கையில்
கொள்பவர் எல்லாம் கீழாவார்

தருபவன் இல்லையோ தலைவா நீ
தருமத்தின் தாயே கலங்காதே.....

(நல்லவேளை மனுஷன் போய் சேர்ந்துட்டார். இல்லைன்னா "இவர் என்னய்யா கவிஞர்?. 'அப்படி போடு...போடு...போடு'ன்னு எழுத தெரியாத இவரெல்லாம் ஒரு கவிஞரா என்று தமிழர்கள் சொல்லி விடுவார்கள். வாழ்க தமிழர்களின் ரசனை..!!)
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Balaji

Amazing. we all know that MSV&KD gone to bangalore for this composistion(of course without movie director) and composed all the songs in three days. I have come across that even Bhimsingh wont intefere with song composistion. MSV ALWAYS GIVES HIS BEST but still says TEAM WORK.

Speciality of the song UDUKAI SOUND . How beautifully he blended.

yes we discussed about this yesterday/ we are discussing this today/we will discuss this in future also. MSV CLASS FOR EVER.

regards
ramesh
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear King of Narration,

There is only one Sun, There is only one MSV and There is only one Balaji!! What a narration and what a write up. Hats off!!

Balaji ummal mattumae ivvaru yaezhudha mudiyum!! Simply great.
What a song? Wordless.

Keep it up.

With love
Sampat
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR BALAJI,

TELL ME,ME ALONE ,UNDER WHAT PSUEDONYMN YOU ARE WRITING SCREENPLAYS?

S.R.SANKARANARYANAN
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saradhaji

Your last sentence…. Vayiru vallikka sirithen ….. true true… Kavignar would have struggled now ! manidhar rumba nondhu poi iruppar ippodhu…..…. Also, I forgot to mention about Poivaa magale… nice song , I think its Ananda Bhairavi scale….. & maranathai enni kalangidum …… is another Seergazi special ! …One can say its ragamalika …. One request again….. pl always write in tamil. Its so beautiful to read your posts in tamil……

Hi Ramesh, nice observation ! a native instrument used aptly !! True. Even after 20 years , we will be discussing the same songs ….. that’s the magic of MSV music !

SRS Anna, Adiyen oru rasigan …rasigan…. That’s all……… watching old movies is my passion especially the music of MSV . …… Day in and day out, I breath the music of MSV of late……. I am able to narrate the song mainly due to the reason that most of the old songs are situation based ….. all those would have some reasoning behind …… that’s why they stand firm even today surviving the test of times ……

Sampathji…….. You & NVS are emperors of tech. analysis….. So , where do I stand ??

Dear all, I still wonder why no award was given for this movie’s music !! Extraordinary songs , rich composition & orchestration ……

Another interesting aspect of the song which I realized when I heard it again yesterday…….. Seerkazi, all through the song, completes a sentence with Karnaaaaaa….. coupled with sangathi , he also gives different feeling to it !! at one stage, he is sympathetic, another moment, its urukkam……again on another sentence…. Pleading ……& finally …..feels sorry for everything …… wonderful rendition by SG !
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Ullthai Urukkum Paadal Reply with quote

Dear Balaj sir,
Am pretty much sure that this song must be an ALL-TIME favourite of careful listeners of TFM. What a tune, lyrics,orchestration, rendition,picturisation,acting (both NTR and Nadigar Thilagam),expression and YOUR WRITING !!!!

This is another COMPLETE song without any lapse ...!!!

One anecdote on this song which may be a known fact to many ppl out here.....

After the recording , Seergazhi broke down embracing our Master telling that NOONE else in this world could ever give him another song like this !!!!

These words became really true...What a Team our Master had....I feel so happy...

Thanks for the info on this scene in Mahabharatha...I did not know the fact.....

"Mandolin" Raju used to play Santoor for the Master during the halycon days and not Visweswaran , as mentioned - a small correction with ur permission. Also, Raju used to play Veena,Sitar (sometimes),Konnakol, Whistle and Mandolin. He used to be an adept in all these instruments and other musical techniques..Our Master is missing all these stalwarts very much these days...which was very evident when we played the 'Paalum Pazhamum" title for him.He started becoming emotional and told us that all those instrumentalists who played during this recording is no more now........ Sad

Please note that Visweswaran uncle started playing Santoor from
mid 70s . His first song being "Therottam Anandha Shenbagha..." from Nool Veli.

Excellent Write Up Balajhi sire..Hats Off !! to YOU and to our Master whose Music unites all of us here and keep us going !!!

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Kalakkitteenga Thalaiva !!! Reply with quote

Balaji Sir......

These are some of the points I felt, I should mention here:

1) Words cannot describe your words! Great and Amazing write-up. It is "just" not the description of the song! Much much more than that !!!!!

2) I started to read this write-up casually (not careless), but the narration took my utmost concentration as I proceeded into your article. This is a typical chracteristic of Great Writers!

3) For me (too) the best lyric is: "Senchotru kadan theerka Seraadha idam serndhu Vanjathil veenzdhayadaa". Before I said to myself after reading the line "as it sums up everything about Karna!!", YOU SAID IT!!! You are simply amazing!!!

4) My humble and STRONG suggestion.... Please write a book on Karnan - with reference to Mahabharatha and the movie Karnan. Am not over-stating anything here. Am sure I have the whole "MSV Club" to support my statement !!!!

5) You have now got an Ardent Fan-Follower for your writing .

Its ME !!!!!

irenehastings

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Kalakkitteenga Thalaiva !!! Reply with quote

Ram wrote:
5) You have now got an Ardent Fan-Follower for your writing .

Its ME !!!!!

Me too in Balaji's Fans Club...

That only I can say about his writings
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: ULLATHIL NALLA ULLAM Reply with quote

Dear Sharadha madam and all other friends,

You have lamented over the contemporay lyricists who are temporary or even epemeral.Please for heaven's sake do not visualize Kavi arasu in the present day rut.
APPADI PODU IPPADI PODU PONRA AVALANGAL VALAM VARUVADHEY
Koolikku maradippavargal perugi vittadhai ninaivoottum thuyaram. Nalla velai kaviarasu ippodhu illai enbadhu oru vidhaththil aadhangathin velippadae eninum. Kaviarasu illai enbadhey Ketta [BAD] velai Amma. Kaviarasu irundhirundal Kaalangal [mushrooms] thalai thookkuma? So long as Tamils are alive Kaviarasu and Seviarasu can not be wiped off even in distant dream by the mightiest. I am ardent believer that genuine quality can never be hidden -be it qualityfood or quality music.
Anbargalay manam thalaravendam. Kaviarasae sooluraithirukkirar
NAAN NIRANDHARAMAANAVAN AZHIVADHILLAI
ENDHA NILAIYILUM ENAKKU MARANAMILLAI.
Maranaththai yennikkalingidum Vijaya enru "Karnan"il paadum munbay idhai AAZHAMAGA PADIYA KAVI ENGAY ?

APPADIUM IPPADIUM PODALAMAY THAVIRA [KARNAM PODALAM, aanal KARNAN POL Patto, Isaiyo podamudiyadhu] AVARGALIN [KD & MSV] NIZHALAIKKODA IVARGALAL ETTIPPIDIKKA MUDIYATHU.
Yaar eppadipottal enna Porkaalam thirumba annai Saraswathy kan thirakka vendum.
Anbudan Perasiriyan Raman , pudhu mumbai.
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji Sir,
ஒரு தீபாவளி மலரையே படைத்திருக்கிறீர்கள்!...Absolutely fabulous by all means!... Fantastic narration and writeup!... Hats off!!!...

Coming back to the subject, I consider Karna as the most Superlative Character in MahaBharatha...The fact remains, with his exit, the great epic stands reduced to a mere formality!... A glorious narration, which truly honours the greatest Hero of our ages. With Sampat's permission, I wish to modify his remark as : There can be only one Sun, only one MSV, only one Karna and one and only one Balaji!...

உங்கள் ரசிகன்

NVS
irenehastings

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srinivass NV wrote:
With Sampat's permission, I wish to modify his remark as : There can be only one Sun, only one MSV, only one Karna and one and only one Balaji!...

with NVS permission, I want to add two more....

".........and also only one Kannadasan and only one Shivaji Ganesan.
rajeshkumar_v

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

கர்ணன் − இது படமா இல்லை காவியமா
மகாபாரத கர்ணன் எப்படி இருந்தானோ எங்களுக்கு தெரியாது
ஆனால் இப்படித்தான் இருந்திருப்பான் என எங்களுக்கு எடுத்துக்காட்டியது சிவாஜி என்ற அந்த இமயம் தானே...

சிவாஜியிடம் அதிக வேலை வாங்கியவர்களில் முக்கிய பங்கு திரு. பந்துலுவிற்கும் உண்டு. ஆனால் பல தளங்களில் இவரை குறிப்பிடாதது வருத்ததிற்குரிய விஷயமே..(பிரபல கன்னட இயக்குனர் புட்டண்ணா இவரிடம் தான் உதவி இயக்குனராக பணியாற்றினார்)

கர்ணன் கதையை சொல்லும் போது முக்கியமான பாத்திரங்களாக சொல்லவேண்டியது கர்ணன், குந்திதேவி, அர்ஜுணன்,கிருஷ்ணர், துரியோதணன் ஆகையால் தான் பந்துலு அவர்கள் இந்த பாத்திரங்களுக்கு
முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுத்து அழகாக இயக்கியிருப்பார்.

இப்படி ஒரு பிரம்மாண்ட படைப்பிற்கு இசையமைக்க பந்துலு அழைத்தது நம் மெல்லிசை மன்னர்களை.
பாடல்களுக்கு பந்துலு எவ்வளவு முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுப்பார் என்பது எலோருக்கும் தெரிந்ததே....
இது மெல்லிசை மன்னர்களுக்கும் தெரிந்ததே.. அந்த வகையில் இந்த படத்தில் புதுமைகள் பல புரிந்தனர்.
வடநாட்டு வாத்தியங்கள் பல பயன்படுத்தியிருப்பார்கள்.
ஒவ்வொரு பாடலும் ஒவ்வொரு வகை.ஒவ்வொரு சூழலுக்கும் ஒரு இசை முத்து

டி.எம்.எஸ்,பீ.பி.ஸ்ரீனிவாஸ்,திருச்சி லோகனாதன்,சீர்காழி பாடிய மழை கொடுக்குமொரும் கொடயுமொரு என்ற பாடல். இப்படியெல்லாம் பாடல்கள் இனிமேல் வருமா.. கர்ணன் புகழ் பாடும் இந்த பாடல் நான்கு
பாடகர்களின் நாலு குரல்களில் எப்படி கம்பீரமாக ஒலிக்கிறது ஆஹா..இதுவல்லவோ செந்தமிழ் ..

கர்ணன் வழியில் ஒரு பெண்ணை பார்க்க பின் அந்த பெண் இவன் நினைவில் பாடும் அந்தப்புர பாடல்.. இந்த பாடலில் என்ன ஒரு சிருங்காரம் என்ன ஒரு மெட்டமைப்பு
ஆங்கிலத்தில் சொன்னால் "Rich orchestration"
வாத்தியங்களில் இசை நயமாக வருகிறதா இல்லை கண்கள் எங்கே என சுசீலா ஆரம்பிக்கும் நயம் வாத்தியத்தை மிஞ்சுகிறதா என்ற அளவிற்கு இந்த பாடலில் வாத்தியங்களும் சுசீலாவின் தேன் குழையும் குரலும் அடேயப்பா இசை ராஜாங்கமே நடக்கும்..

கண்கள் எங்கெ நெஞ்சமும் எங்கே என மெதுவாக தொடங்குவார்

காவலின்றி வந்தன இங்கே பாடும்போது அந்த குரலில் அவர் காட்டும் அந்த சந்தோஷம் ஆஹா கட்டுப்பாட்டை மீறி உன்னை பார்க்க என் கால்கள் தானாகவே வருகின்றன என்று சொல்லாமல் சொல்லுவதை சுசீலா குரலில் சொல்லிவிடுவார்.

துரியேதணனின் மனைவி தன் தோழியருடன் பாடுவதாக அமைந்த
என்னுயிர் தோழி கேளொரு சேதி... சாவித்திரியின் நடிப்பும், சுசீலாவின் குரலும் என்னவென்று சொல்வதய்யா

இரவும் நிலவும் வளரட்டுமே.. இதில் பெண் குரலிலேயே நீளமான ஆலாபணையும் உடன் ஆண் பாடும்விதமாக அமைத்திருப்பார்கள்
சுசீலா,டி.எம்.எஸ் குரல்களில் கண்ணதாசன் வரிகளில் எத்தனை முறை கேட்டாலும் சலிப்பதில்லை

அரசரீரி பாடலோ, சோகம் ததும்பும் பாடலோ இதை பாட சீர்காழியாரை விட்டால் யாரு உண்டு..

பாலாஜி சொன்னது போல் "உள்ளத்தில் நல்ல உள்ளம் உறங்காதென்பது" பாடலில் என்ன ஒரு சோகம், கருணை என ரசம் சொட்ட சொட்ட பாடியிருப்பார்..

இசை நல்ல இசை என்றுமே அழியாதென்பதும் பொருத்தமே..

இப்படி படம் முழுக்க இசைத் தோரணம் கட்டிய மெல்லிசை மன்னர்களை
எப்படி பாராட்டுவது...
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rajeshkumar_v wrote:
கர்ணன் − இது படமா இல்லை காவியமா
மகாபாரத கர்ணன் எப்படி இருந்தானோ எங்களுக்கு தெரியாது
ஆனால் இப்படித்தான் இருந்திருப்பான் என எங்களுக்கு எடுத்துக்காட்டியது சிவாஜி என்ற அந்த இமயம் தானே...

அப்படீன்னு நீங்க சொல்றீங்க...

ஆனால் இவ்வளவு அற்புதங்கள் நிறைந்த, இந்த அருமையான படத்தை, ஒரு வெற்றிப்படத்துக்குரிய எல்லா அம்சங்களும் கொண்டிருந்த கர்ணன் படத்தை, 'வேட்டைக்காரன்' என்ற ஒரு சாதாரண கருப்பு வெள்ளைப் படத்தின் மூலம் தோல்விடையச்செய்த அன்றைய தமிழ்நாட்டு ரசிகர்களைன் ரசனையைப்பற்றி என்ன சொல்கிறீர்கள்?.

// Digression//
'பத்மினி பிக்சர்ஸ்' பி.ஆர்.பந்துலு ஏன் நடிகர் திலகத்தை விட்டுப்போனார் என்பது (கிட்டத்தட்ட) ஊரறிந்த உண்மை.

பந்துலுவுக்கு எப்போதுமே ஒரு பழக்கம், ஒரு பிரமாண்டமான படத்தை அடுத்து ஒரு சாதாரண படத்தை தயாரிப்பார். இப்படித்தான்
'கட்டபொம்மனை' அடுத்து ஒரு 'சபாஷ் மீனா'
'கப்பலோட்டிய தமிழனை' அடுத்து ஒரு 'பலே பாண்டியா'
'கர்ணனை' அடுத்து ஒரு 'முரடன் முத்து'
'ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவனை' அடுத்து ஒரு 'நாடோடி'
இது பந்துலுவின் பாணி.

1964ம் ஆண்டு பந்துலு தயாரித்த 'கர்ணனும்' சாண்டோ சின்னப்பா தேவர் தயாரித்த 'வேட்டைக்காரனும்' நேருக்கு நேர் மோதிக்கொள்ளும் நிலை வந்தது. அதில் வேட்டைக்காரன் கிட்டத்தட்ட எல்லா ஊர்களிலும் வசூலில் முந்தியது. மாபெரும் வெற்றிப்படமாக அமைந்தது. கர்ணனும் வெற்றிப்படமென்றாலும் கூட, அது ஒரு சாதாரண வெற்றிதான். அதன் பிரம்மாணடத்துக்கும், செலவுக்கும், நட்சத்திரக்கூட்டத்துக்கும், பாடல் காட்சிகளுக்கும் ஒப்பிடும்போது கர்ணன் கிட்டத்தட்ட ஒரு தோல்விப்படம் என்ற ரேஞ்சுக்கே அமைந்தது. தன்னுடைய படத்தை தோல்வியடையச்செய்த 'வேட்டைக்காரன்' படத்தை பந்துலுவும் பார்த்தார். அவருக்கு ஒன்று புரிந்தது. தன் படத்தில் இல்லாதது, தேவர் படத்தில் இருப்பது ஒன்றே ஒன்றுதான். அது எம்.ஜி.ஆர்.

ஒரு சாதாரண படத்திலேயே எம்ஜியார் என்ற ஒரு ஃபேக்டர் இருந்து தன்னுடைய பிரம்மாண்ட படத்தை அடித்து விட்டது என்று சொன்னால், அதே ஃபேக்டரை வைத்து தான் ஒரு பிரம்மாண்ட படத்தை தயாரித்தால் எப்படியிருக்கும் என்று அப்போதே கணக்குப் போட்டுக்கொண்டார். விளைவு...?. 'அந்தப்பக்கம்' செல்ல முடிவெடுத்தார். (லட்சக்கணக்கில், கோடிக்கணக்கில் பணம் போட்டு படமெடுப்பவர்கள், பெரிய அளவில் அடி வாங்கும்போது, இதுபோன்றதொரு முடிவு எடுப்பதை யாரும் குற்றம், குறை சொல்ல முடியாது). ஆனால் இன்றைக்கும் 'கர்ணன்' படத்தைப் பார்க்கும் ஒரு தீவிர எம்.ஜி.ஆர். ரசிகன் கூட, 'இவ்வளவு அருமையான படமா தோல்வி அடைந்தது?' என்ற தன் ஆதங்கத்தை வெளியிடுவதைப் பார்க்க முடிகிறது.

இதற்கிடையில், ஒரு பெரிய படத்துக்குப்பின் ஒரு சிறிய படம் என்ற தன்னுடைய ஃபார்முலாவின்படி, பந்துலு நடிகர்திலகத்தை வைத்து 'முரடன் முத்து' படத்தை தயாரிக்க முடிவெடுத்தார். கர்ணன் படத்தின் தோல்வியில் தாங்களும் பங்கெடுத்துக்கொள்ள முடிவெடுத்து, கர்ணன் படத்தில் நடித்திருந்த நடிகர் திலகம், அசோகன், தேவிகா ஆகியோர் முரடன் முத்துவில் சம்பளம் பெற்றுக்கொள்ளாமல் இலவசமாக நடித்தனர். மிகவும் சிக்கனமாக படத்தையெடுத்த பந்துலு இசைக்கு டி.ஜி.லிங்க‌ப்பா போன்றவர்களைப் போட்டார். படம் வெளியாகும் நேரத்தில் பந்துலு இன்னொரு பிரச்சினையை கிளப்பினார். (முரடன் முத்து பட ஷூட்டிங் நடக்கும்போதே, 'பந்துலு எம்.ஜி.ஆர். பக்கம் போகப்போகிறார்' என்ற செய்தி கசியத் தொடங்கியது. இப்போது போல ரஜினியை வைத்து ப‌டம் தயாரிக்கும் ஏவிஎம் போன்ற நிறுவனம் அடுத்து கமலை வைத்து படம் தயாரிப்பது போலெல்லாம் அப்போது கிடையாது. இவர் எம்ஜியார் தயாரிப்பாளர், இவர் சிவாஜி தயாரிப்பாளர் என்று பிரித்து வைத்திருந்தார்கள்). அதுவரை 98 படங்களில் நடித்திருந்த சிவாஜிக்கு 100 வது படம் எது என்பது பலரின் எதிர்பார்ப்பாக இருந்தது. அப்போது 'முரடன் முத்து', 'நவராத்திரி'ஆகிய இரண்டு படங்களும் முடிவடைந்து வெளியாக தயாராக இருந்தன. 'கர்ணன்' படத்தில் நான் அடிபட்டதால் என்னுடைய 'முரடன் முத்து' படத்தைத் தான் நூறாவது படமாக அறிவிக்க வேண்டும் என்று பந்துலு அடம் பிடித்தார். ஆனால் 'நவராத்திரி' படம் பற்றி எல்லோருக்கும் தெரியும். சிவாஜியின் நடிப்புத்திறமைக்கு உரைகல்லாக அமைந்த படம் என்பது எல்லோரும் ஒப்புக்கொள்ளும் உண்மை. ஒன்பது வித்தியாசமான ரோல்களில் அவர் கலக்கியிருக்கும் நவராத்திரி, ஒரு மாபெரும் கலைஞனின் நூறாவது படம் என்பதற்கான முழுத்தகுதியுடனும் அமைந்திருக்கும் நேரத்தில், ஒரு சாதாரண பட‌மாக அமைந்த 'முரடன் முத்து' படத்தை சிவாஜியின் நூறாவது படமாக அறிவிக்க வேண்டும் என்ற பந்துலுவின் எதிர்பார்ப்பு ரொம்ப அதிகப் படியானது என திரையுலகில் அனைவருமே நினைத்தார்கள். முடிவு...?. 'நவராத்திரி' நடிகர் திலகத்தின் நூறாவது படமாக வெளிவந்தது. (முரடன் முத்து 99 வது படம்).

வெகுண்டார் பந்துலு. போன முறை தேவர் தனக்கு வில்லனானார், இம்முறை ஏ.பி.நாகராஜன் வில்லனாகிவிட்டார் என்று கொதித்துப்போன ப்ந்துலு, உடனே 'தினத்தந்தி'யில் முழுப்பக்க விளம்பரம் வெளியிட்டார்.

ஆம். 'முரடன் முத்து' திரையிடப்பட்ட‌ அன்றைக்கே தினத்தந்தி யில் 'ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவன்' பட முழுப்பக்க விளம்பரம் வெளிவந்தது.

// Digression ends //
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: MY HUMBLE PRANAAMS Reply with quote

Dear Balaji, Sharadha

MY HUMBLE PRANAAMS TO YOU FOE ENLIGHTENING ME ON KARNAN. FELD VERY SAD AFTER READING SHARADA'S POSTING. FEEL EVEN MORE DEPRESSED ABOUT THE WAY HOW KARNAN & VETTAIKARAN WERE PITTED AGAINST EACH OTHER.

ITHAIELLAAM MEERI ORU NIRANDHARA ISAI SAHAPTHATHAI URUVAKKIYA MSV ENUM MAAAAAAAA MANITHARAI NAAM ELLAM SERNDHU VANANGUVOM.

MY VERY HUMBLE PRANAAMS TO OUR LEGEND SHRI.MSV.

TO ME BOTH KARNAN & MSV ARE EQUAL. MUNNAVAR VAARI VAARI VAZHANGINAR.... PINNAVAR INNUM VAZHANGI KONDE IRUKKIRAR, IRUPPAAR.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSICAL KARNAN
VAIDY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: