"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

handful of piano picks: Paal Thamizh Paal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: handful of piano picks: Paal Thamizh Paal Reply with quote

Hi there, I have been following this forum with great interest. MSV's compositions as has been noted here are timeless. I am not an expert in Indian music structures but having spent my teen years in India before moving away, his music has been the inspiration for my love of blues music. I hear a lot of blues in MSV's western oriented songs and in the way he handles melody.

So here is my offering on the piano tracks of note: From Rahasya Police 115, "Paal Thamizh Paal." The piano is front and centre on this beautiful song. I just love it!

Other favorites already mentioned is Naan nandri solven.

Did he compose the tune Malligai voiced by LRE? Lotsa piano there. And one more---"urvanil 50 50" from Galatta Kalyanam.

We are truly blessed to have this music to listen and appreciate.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: WELCOME GANESH Reply with quote

Hi Ganesh,

Nice to know that you have been tracking the developments in this site. You have picked on one of the greatest Piano songs of MSV. Well I have made an album under the title, "MY PIANO MAN MSV" in which there are about 85 songs (though this list is just a fraction of his creations) in which many of the songs have been featured.

A warm welcome Ganesh. We hope to see some interesting inputs from you soon.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
CO-MODERATOR
MSV TIMES.COM
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganesh V

Superb selection. One of my alltime MSV-MGR favourites , this song is .

Valee is the lyricist I think .

Somehow, I felt that LRE was the best suited voice for JJ and this beautiful song is another example .

The nice usage of flute to move over to the charanam is all MSV at his vintage form

And not to forget , his penchant for piano for which U have picked this special song . MSV is the real champion of piano usage
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ganesh..

Your very first post itself brings a wonderful song. No doubt all songs in Ragasiya Police 115 are best and the movie is one of the best albums of MSV. Each and every song is in different vareity.

Bring out more such songs and share your memories with us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: