"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A simply intricate gem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: A simply intricate gem Reply with quote

Dear All
Indeed one has to strain bit to choose a specific song from MSV's repertoire since there is a huge treasure. No doubt it is a baffling task of leaving out something in preference to some other item. Yet , I place the following song for knowledgeable analysts to bring out their perceptions.For the present I invite your participative contribution.The song is frrom VENNIRA AADAI-"ORUVAN KAADHALAN" RENDERED BY PS and PBS. I am no exponent of nuances of Carnatic music. Still, I deem it a rare song for various reasons. It was on a totally different mould altogether as early as 1964[the movie was relased in 1965].Exceptionally fine nuances of rendering the pallavi / charanam are replete through the song. As ever, MSVhas brought out a very different style of orchestration using Guitar, Flutes, Bongo beautifully blending with consummate ease typical of him. Any listener would feel floating for self by the sheer elegance of the beats. Most beats are feather touches with a telling effect of possessing us for long. Reading the song reminesces a prosaic writing.But MSV has made it a delectable poem unsurpassed till date. The entire piece is ahead by decades and to date none has been able to imitate it. Kudos to the creator and to everyone of his assistants. The song stays unique and any sensitive rasika would be posssessed by its complicated simplicity. Kindly enlighten me of the nuances in this piece. Thank you
Prof.K.Raman NaviMumbai
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly speaking when it comes to the music of MSV one thing becomes clear . it is like a ocean where one cannot take one song and analyse as almost all of his song s has some background story ,history ,incident s above all his involvement and his stunning performer quality .
it is a flow and imagine how many of them were rejected by himself, by producers,directors,actors etc and if they are all available as a document we wil have his smusic for one more decade .
there were songs whcih was recorded ,picturised,but not released like gnayirum thingalum . dont remember the song .sabesan sir can u help me
amazed at his music ,quality and above all his simlicity and he had not taken all this to his head

baskar
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Well Said !! Reply with quote

Well said , Raman sir and Bhaskar uncle. People of Tamil Nadu have missed so much in the past 2 decades.

Bhaskar Uncle, the song that u mention is sung by S.Janaki and the song is "Poomagal Meni Kulingidum Kaalam Vasantha Kaalam.." , a beautiful melody.

You can notice an unexpected beautiful Kavali in the middle of the song.

Similarly, there is yet another rare song in the movie "Alaigal.." that goes as "Oomai Pennai Pesa chonaal uravo.." , another amazing Gem from our Master sung by S.Janaki.

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks me for reminding me the song
any other song in the movie venkat .
by the way i have two poems done on msv
can any one get it done in tamil which can appear in our site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: