"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MUTHUPAL SIRIPANEVO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: MUTHUPAL SIRIPANEVO Reply with quote

Being MSV fan I realised one thing that too from Ram statement during his analysis for particular song

"ORU JANMAM PODHATHU". to listen and understand(forget about analysis).

Absoulte gem right from prelude. MSV used different humming sound in this song(like AZHAGIYA THAMIZ MAGAL IVAL).

No words to describe first interlude especially flute and supported by organ and violin.

ENNA ORU AZHAGANA TUNE ESPEICALLY WHEN TMS SINGS

THANGA PALAM POL UNTHAN ANGAMOO

I think MSV challenged TMS with high and low pitch throughout this song.
(THATHIKU THAVIPENNAVO METHAIKU VARA CHOLA VOO)

There are lot of finer pointS in this song and one has to hear this repeatedly.

I am just hearing first interlude only and I am unable to move after that.
It is amazing to hear how he mingled flute /organ/violin WITH HIS MELODIOUS TOUCH

Unfortunately we dont have this song in MSV times.

regards
ramesh
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

A song which ideally should have gone to Makkal thilagam movie but Mukamuthu grabbed it !

U can observe the subtle difference in TMS's voice as he tries to sing like Muthu Smile

The pallavi itself is a clear sandham which Mellisai Mannar must have dictated to the lyricist . Its clearly a MSV dominated song !

The finer aspect is the chorus which will come suddenly

Nice pick Very Happy
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good reminder about a song which is not aired in TV at all. There are a number of beautiful songs which are not screened and they are getting lost. I have a favourite song like "Manam kanivaana antha kanniyai kandal kalum kaniyagum" from the film "Ithu Sathiyam".(I believe hero of the film is Ashokan.) Excellent duet by TMS and P.Susheela. The way the song is composed and sung to suit the meaning of the lyric is amazing. But believe me, till date I have not seen the song in any channel. I even dont know how it is picturised. There is another song like this; "Thedi varum theiva sugam, mannavanin sannathiyil".

This is where a hero plays a role.
Great personalities like Shivaji, MGR have added value to the songs and given immortality to the songs of MSV. People on screen have a great role in popularising and taking the songs to great heights.

P. Sankar.
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

Thanks for bringing out an excellent number. More from you please...
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shankar

Manam kanivaana antha kanniyai kandal (NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE). if possible please give link for this song. You have valid point. star value will add more weight to the song to some extent along with picturisation.

Balaji: Mu ka muthu , I think luckiest hero in short span of time to get ever green and outstanding songs. MSV even succeded with his voice.NAL MANATHIL KUDI IRUKKUM NAGUR ANDAVA.

Today I noticed bangos and drums part in mMUTHUPAL SIRIPENAVO. Enna oru variety. Outstanding prelude with chorus and trumphuts and magestic start from TMS. WOW . .

Ram: thanks. if possible please add this song in MSVTIMES.

regards
ramesh
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh,

You brought out one beautiful, but hidden number
முத்துப்பல் சிரிப்பென்னெவோ from பூக்காரி
It is a fast beated song comparing to other songs of the Movie.

The movie was the second one of Mu.Ka.Muthu, after பிள்ளையோ பிள்ளை, in which he has two heroines Manjula and Vennira Adai Nirmala, also Jayachithra as his sister, and Jaikumari too as a villy.

The complete movie itself a good musical album with wonderful songs, but as everybody mentioned, were kept under shadow. It is very sad thing that none of the TV channels telecast these songs.

As I am always telling, they will select and keep just 15 songs in old albums, mostly by MGR and Shivaji and one or two from Katahlikka Neramillai and Nenjil Ore Alayam... and telecasting the same songs again... and again....and again. They will not go to the rare songs which are available in tons. What a pity.

பூக்காரி has other beautiful songs too:

முப்பது பைசா மூணு முழம்...
முல்லை மல்லிகை கனகாம்பரம்
by L.R.Eswari, for Manjula as flower-seller. This song must have been hit as another எலந்தப்பயம், but not reached the public.

புத்தகம் விரிப்பதிங்கே
தத்துவம் படிப்பதற்கே
... again LRE in a party mood, for Jaikumari.

But the last one was a super hit song in Vividh Bharathi at that time, everyday we could hear it. Yes, it is

காதலின் பொன் வீதியில்
காதலன் பண் பாடினான்
... by the two greats TMS & S.Janaki (for Mu.Ka.Muthu & V.Niramala). A very wonderful melody by our Mellisai Mannar, superb picturisation. But till now I never seen this song in any TV channel.

http://www.msvtimes.com/music/songs/k.html

Many of us may think this song was written by Kannadasan or Vali. But actually it was written by Panju Arunachalam. He was writing very rare at that time, but all are super hits, like.....

பூப்போல பூப்போல பிறக்கும் (நானும் ஒரு பெண்)
சின்னஞ்சிறிய வண்ணப்பறவை (குங்குமம்)
பொன்னெழில் பூத்தது புது வானில் (கலங்கரை விளக்கம்)

The complete பூக்காரி songs are wonderful album but not brought to light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: