"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PANDIT VISWESHWARAN IS NO MORE !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

பண்டிட்ஜியின் இறுதி தரிசனம்

நேற்று இரவு 'பொதிகை' தொலைக்காட்சியில் இரவு பத்து மணி செய்திகளுக்குப் பிறகு, சுமார் ஒரு மணி நேரம் பண்டிட் விஸ்வேஸ்வரன் அவர்களின் பேட்டியை ஒளிபரப்பி அவருக்கு அஞ்சலி செலுத்தினார்கள்.

இது மறு ஒளிபரப்பு அல்ல. முத்ன்முறையாக ஒளிபரப்பப் பட்டது. பேட்டியளிக்கும் முன்னதாக, பேட்டிகண்ட மதன் பாப் அவர்களிடம், "இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி எப்போது ஒளிபரப்பாகும்?" என்று பண்டிட்ஜி கேட்டபோது "இந்நிகழ்ச்சி ஒளிபரப்பும் சமயம் நானே உங்களுக்கு போன் செய்கிறேன்" என்று மதன் பாப் சொன்னாராம். ஆனால் ஓலிபரப்பாகும் இன்று அவர் நம்மிடையே இல்லை என்று மதன் பாப் சொன்னபோது என்கண்களில் இருந்து கண்ணீர் கொட்டியது. என் கணவரும் அழத்துவங்கி விட்டார்.

பண்டிட்ஜி சந்தூர், கிடார் என்று சில வாத்தியங்களை வாசித்துக்காட்டி, அவற்றின் பிண்ணனியையும், பெரும் பெரும் இசை மேதைகளுக்காக அவர் வாசித்ததையும் சொன்னபோது அவரிடம் என்ன பணிவு, என்ன அடக்கம், எவ்வளவு நகைச்சுவை உணர்ச்சி.

தான் பல பட்டங்கள் பெற்றிருந்த போதிலும், தன்னுடைய சந்தூர் வாசிப்பைக்கேட்டு மெல்லிசை மன்னர் பாராட்டியதுதான் தான் பெற்ற விருதுகளிலேயே பெரிய விருது என்று சொன்னபோது நம் கண்கள் பனித்தன. மெல்லிசை மன்னரை 'சாந்தோம் மகான்' என்று குறிப்பிடவும் தவறவில்லை.

இடையே மதன் பாப் "எனக்கு எம்.எஸ்.வி.சார் பாட்டுக்களைக் கேட்காமல் தூக்கம் வராது. ஒவ்வொன்றுக்கும் ஒரு கடவுளைச் சொல்வது போல மெல்லிசைக்கு இவர்தான் கடவுள் என்று சொல்ல வேண்டும்" என்று சொன்னபோது, அவர் மீது நமக்கிருந்த மதிப்பு உயர்ந்தது.

ஒரு மணி நேரம் சென்றதே தெரியாமல் அவ்வளவு சுவாரஸ்யமாக, அதே நேரம் மிகவும் சோகமாக போனது. அவர் ஒவ்வொன்றையும் சொல்லும்போது, 'இப்போது அவர் நம்மிடையே இல்லையே' என்ற துக்கம் மனதை வாட்டியெடுத்தது.

பண்டிட்ஜிக்கு இறுது அஞ்சலி செய்யும் முகமாக, ஒருமணிநேரம் அவருடைய அருமையான, அதே சமயம் அவர் அளித்த இறுதியான பேட்டியை தந்த சென்னை தூர்தர்ஷன் "பொதிகை" தொலைக்காட்சிக்கு பல்லாயிரம் நன்றிகள்.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touching and very emotional post Saradhaji .

People like you are the link between people like us who are outside TN & its really heartening to see Podhigai giving due recognition to the great Vishweswaran. Podhigai is one unique channel which still maintains its identity & originality & we should encourage the tradition of Chennai Dhoordharshan.

Thanks a lot for the coverage .
tvsankar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
Here is the link to watch the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6YMJ99bSIQ .

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Usha'kka..

Thank you so much for bringing this video !!!

Also, watch his Santoor performance in "Thiyagaraja Utsavam" Cleveland !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6H7v3tTCgM&NR=1
tvsankar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
Thanks for the video of Santhoor performance......

Anru nanum avarin interview ai parthen.Adharku 2 naal munbu dhan avar expire anadhai kelvi paten.Epadi podhigai yil interview enru parthen.

Programme parkum podhu dhan avargalum therivithu kondarlgal.......

Interview ai parka parka avarin izhapai namba thonavillai..

Niraiya vishayam sonnar.MSv patri solum podhu,

" Ilaiyaraja , Balu madhiri.MSV in Dharisanathirkaga,kathirndhu parpen.Adhil oru sandhosham" enru solli kondar.........

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now listening to "Therottam Ananda" from "Noolveli". I still remember how Viswesh uncle said the swaram for the second (Santoor) interlude for this song, at the enterance of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan after one of his December Dance Concerts. I just fell flat when he instantly said that, which was recorded decades before, that too immediately after his Dance concert..! Real Genius and Real Admirer of MSV!!!

Am still unable to believe that Viswesh uncle is no more !!!

Ram

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Great Viswesh! Reply with quote

Finally, I made up my mind and gathered courage to talk to Chitra'kka..(Smt.Chitra Visweswaran). It was a very emotional conversation. She is recovering slowly from this void.

We recollected the memory last time when we met - at Santoor concert in NewYork. I was unable to stay till the end of the concert. I told Chitra'kka before I left (as uncle was on the stage). After the concert Viswesh uncle had asked "Why Ram was not there till the end?". She replied that I had to drive back from Newyork to Hartford! He was so happy seeing me at his concert!

She was mentioning about a homage function at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and release of 2 CD's in memory of Viswesh uncle. It is proposed that MSV would also be in that function. May I request Vaidy uncle to post the details to our MSV Club. This is a request from Chitra'kka.

When I mentioned that Viswesh uncle's influence was something great and immesurable in my life, I was emotionally moving when she replied that Viswesh uncle had a very special place for me in his heart!

She also told that NewYork concert was his last Santoor Concert...

My heart is now heavy...

Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram

emotion and love play a vital role in life .
for a person like me whose association with panditji was only three weeks old and i could not bear that loss and i broke down.
i still remember his request to be with him for a musical piece but i was unlucky that i have to leave that day and vaidy called few days later to check whether evertything was ok with his UPS.
even that day i thanked him for an intro and spoke about pandit
i understand the pain ram
death is beyond all these words
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Immortality !!! Reply with quote

Dear Ram n Baskar uncle,
u are very much true....Viswesh uncle is a person who could easily win hearts and stay there forever....

In the interview with Madan Bob that was telecast in DD , he was mentioning two things (to Madan Bob) that impacted me very much.

1. LIFE'nna ORU THEDAL VENUM , SIR.

2. MY LIFE IS TOTAL AND COMPLETE AND I HAVE NO REGRETS !!!

How True these words these are and what a kind of realisation He had !!!

And the very next week he left this world. What a superior soul he was...!!!

I feel very fortunate to have associated with such a pure and genuine soul , even though it was for a very short time..!!!

My Pranams to you Uncle , wherever you are !!!

Venkat
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baskar CS wrote:
i understand the pain ram
death is beyond all these words
Very true - dear Baskar!
I'm still unable to believe that so many musical talents have come to a grinding halt!

There are many interesting and unforgettable experiences I had with Viswesh uncle - Having known him personally for about 6 years.

He has a very wide taste of music, which we can't even imagine. Adept in both Carnatic and Hindustani Music - but his primary interest has always been "Melody". Have sat with him and enjoyed great Jazz, Blues collections he had. A whole-lot of World Music collections in his recording studio - "Anthar Dhwani".

During my visit, early this year with my brother - he showed his own comp - it was a Ragamalika. He was very much moved seeing myself and my brothr enjoying his music.

Its a hard fact that the world still do not know the full depth of his Musical knowledge!

Baskar CS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram

imagine a situation at your same favourite B.V Bhavan where u met vish

a large auidience all thinking about vish and feeling aboput his assn relationship ,his humour and finally hsi death

in a chill atmosphere with soaking and emotional speakers the background was adorn with the fotograph of vish smiling

the indepth voice of chitrakka in a dark atmosphere with little lighting at the backdrop gave a feeling very weighty .

i know i am emotional but can you believe that i wept and my wife was worried a bit .

how a relationship of just thirty days and how a conversation and telecon of three weeks old can bring about a change .

ia m not exaggerating ram . i f i had died before vish i am sure vish could have felt the same way .

in a far off of place thinking about this if you manage i am sure you have better control over your emotions.
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write-Up on the invitation of his LAST Santoor Concert in NewYork

R. Visweswaran hails from a family of musicians and is the nephew of the legendary Carnatic vocalist, late Sri G.N.Balasubramaniam. A multi-faceted musician, R. Visweswaran is one of the senior most disciples the Santoor Maestro Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma. He has performed extensively all over India.At an international level he has performed at the South Bank, Kufa Gallery, International Jazz festival at Rouen and the Montelimar Festival. Not only is he an exceptional instrumentalist, he excels in Carnatic vocal and Flamenco guitar. Through his varied approach to music, Visweswaran has captured the hearts of people all over the world.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rombavum varuthathirkuriya oru vishayam...
Ithu isai ulagikrku oru perizhappu...

Some years back there was an interview of Sri.Visweswaran in Asianet. In that he told about MSV that he met the "Avathara Purushan".

In 1992, Mrs.Chitra Visweswaran prepared Kumudham magazine dated 09.01.1992. In that Sri.Visweswaran interviewed Sri.MSV. It was very interesting...

Enna arpudhamana oru Santoor kalaignar...

MSV Sir and the music world miss him very much...
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sri.Visweswaran avargal pala isai karuvigalil vallunar enbathu anaivarukum therinthathe...
parthavi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I remember about the late Visweswaran is that he was the first person to reveal how MSV, while working in Jupiter studios as an assistant for the late S.M. Subbiah Naidu, playfully composed music for a song which Naidu was trying to, how he was "caught" by Naidu, who asked him not to reveal this to anyone and and how Naidu used used this tune and sevveral other tunes subsequently composed by MSV as wanted by Naidu, revealing the truth only at the time, when MSV was about to be terminated from the company, due to their moving to Chennai from Coimbatore. Sri Visweswaran told this in an interview to Kumudham, some 20 years ago. I was shocked to learn this . Till that time, MSV had not even hinted about this. It is only after this incident was publicized by Sri Visweswaran that MSV started mentioning this, even then pointing to the magnanimity of S.M.Subbiah Naidu in revealing the truth for helping M.S.V! I think, if Sri Visweswaran had not revealed this, this secret would have been buried in MSV's heart, though some of his contemporaries like Govardhan and G.K.Venkatesh, who were working along with M.S.V in Jupiter at that time are aware of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: