"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PANDIT VISWESHWARAN IS NO MORE !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: PANDIT VISWESHWARAN IS NO MORE !!! Reply with quote

MSVTIMES.COM deeply condoles the sudden demise of Pandit Visweshwaran. It is really an irreparable loss to both the Classical and the Movie community as he had been a Great Carnatic and Hindustani musician besides being an amazing Guitarist. A multi faceted personality who was a master in playing different kinds of Santoor, Flamenco Guitar, Bass Guitar ,a renowned Carnatic singer who used to accompany Ms.Chitra for her dance performances and an exponent in Hindustani music as well.

He was very near and dear to our Master Shri.MSV and had been a part of his orchestra of musicians starting from the movie "Nool Veli". His first Tamil song being "Therottam Anandha Shenbaga..."

He was closely associated with the "Core Members" of the MSVTIMES.COM during its development phase and as well graced the occasion of the website launch with His August presence.

He was a very good human being and a complete down-to-earth personality with great of sense of humour. I would really cherish those days when I helped him in arranging documents sitting in his studio , for his recent Research work on "Usage of Gamakas in World Music" that was approved by the Govt of India. Many of us may not know him as a great lover of Electronic gadgets and a computer geek.

MSVTIMES.COM and its members express deep condolences and commiserations to Ms.Chitra Visweshwaran and family for such an irreparable loss.

May His soul rest in peace !!

WE WOULD REALLY MISS YOU SIR and I WOULD REALLY MISS U UNCLE !!

Venkat
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartfelt condolences. I have heard a lot about him. Infact, thought of requesting him to be present alongside when we all meet the Master so that he can recollect those golden days of Karnan, kathalikka neramillai recordings.

Really sad , we are going to miss him very much.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: A TRIBUTE TO A GREAT MUSICIAN - SRI.VISWESHWARAN Reply with quote

A TRIBUTE TO A GREAT MUSICIAN - SRI.VISWESHWARAN

Pandit Sri.Visweshwaran's demise is a shocking news for both Indian Classical Music and Film Music. And personally to myself. I just cannot refrain from thinking about the first day I met him in my whole life at a music function nearly 8 years ago - MSV was also present in the function. After the function we stood outside the hall and talked till around 2'o clock in the night. I was just awe-stuck by his knowledge, simplicity, humour and above all his regards to his "Manaseeka Guru Nathar" - M.S.Viswanathan!
I still remember how I described my meeting(s) with him to Venky, during my college. Those are unforgettable days to cherish!

During one of his composing sessions (for back-ground music for a documentary film), he was building some ideas in the Raag "Abhogi". Suddenly he was influenced by MSV's "Thanga Ratham Vandhadhu" and he told "What a great composition! This is beyond just Classical Application."

Viswesh Uncle used to avoid his Hindi Class during his teens to watch MSV's car going on Mylapore Roads. Chitra'kka (Smt.Chitra Visweshwaran) fondly used to tell that Viswesh is the only Hindustani Musician who does not know Hindi!

He often used to recall the comment from Sri.Naushad - a great composer in Hindi Films. When Viswesh uncle mentioned the word "MSV" during the coversation, it seems Naushad Ji stopped having his tea for a moment and had said: "MELODY MEANS VISWANATHAN; VISWANATHAN MEANS MELODY". Everytime Viswesh Uncle told this incident, I could always see tears in his eyes!

His sense of humour and his unique way of speech to relate his point to a day-to-day activity, will be very interesting for a listener. For instance he would relate "MSV's composing" to "Paatti Samayal". "Grand Ma will take care of every aspect of cooking - cutting vegetables, cooking, serving, cleaning - and once done she will go and sit in a corner of the house silently. Similarly MSV will take care of every aspect in composing - Tune, Teaching the singers, Orchestration, Improvisation and once the song is done he will quitely walk-out after a marvellous composition, as if he had done nothing!"

As Venky mentioned, he was very close with the Core Crew of MSVTimes.com and was so much interested right from the start of the Project. He is a great multi-talented personality. Being a nephew of GNB, inspired his Carnatic Music. He adored Pandit Shivkumar's Santoor, which quenched his thirst for Hindustani Music. He was a top ranked student of Guitar Grade Exams in Trinity College of Music London where he completed all the grades - his foot in Western Classical Music. He had his own Recording Studio "Anthar Dhvani" and he had worked with many World Musicians. Together with Chitra'kka his contribution to "Bharatha Naattiyam" as a singer/composer is immeasurable! And he is a great Mimic! He used to imitate MSV's voice and walking style, which showed how much he observed his Guru "MSV". His special Voice Modulation was used in the movie "Indian".

Viswesh Uncle's interesting titles to MSV - "Santhome Mahaan", "Swayamboo", "Avathaara Purushar". MSV did an "Alaap" in one of Viswesh Uncle's recordings. He emotinally recalled the interesting scenes during the recording. Before the start of the recording MSV had asked Sri.Visweshwaran : "Konjam Aaroganam/Avaroganam Sollunga Visweshwaran" (Just to get an inspiration from from Viswesh Uncle's singing - it was for Raag "Parameshwari"), for which Viswesh uncle had said to MSV - "Sir! My Guru - 'You' - have asked the Swaras to Me. This is the Saddest day in my life!" The recording had come out to be Splendid and MSV's voice and Music in the recording, moved Viswesh Uncle and tears started rolling out from Vishwesh Uncles' eyes. Seeing Viswesh Uncle crying in emotion, MSV also became emotional. It had turned-out to be an Excited Emotional Musical Experience for both of them!

Viswesh uncle's reverence for his Guru MSV cannot be just written in words. Time is almost 3 AM here, as I write this tribute, but Viswesh uncle's memories just flows through me, to make me sleepless! "During recordings if we (Musicians) ask something to MSV, he will simply give an irrelevant smile (or) nod for our question. We would realise then that he is actually playing and enjoying the company of 'Music Angels'". "MSV Sir Sangeetha DhevathaigalOda Sanchaaram Pannindu Iruppar" were his exact words. He has personally told me many of his 'Divine' experiences with MSV, which showed that he considered MSV beyond ordinary Humans! "If MSV touches Harmonium Sangathis will overflow like fresh milk overflowing while boiling" was one of his other statements.

When the Core Crew was at his residence to invite him to the MSVTimes Launch function, this was his another set of interesting words: "MSV need not "PRACTISE" any style of Music. If he closes his eyes, the music style will automatically get SCANNED from WITH-IN". The whole Core-Crew was moved by the statement!

Viswesh uncle always offered Pranaams to MSV's feet whenever & wherever he saw MSV. I still remember the moment when he touched my great grand ma's feet, as a respect. She was sitting in the car in the parking lot and he came running, after his long-hours concert, to see her and offered his respects, along with Chitra'kka. He was such a True Soul in respecting elders. Unbelievably down-to-earth!

I feel very happy, amidst this sorrow, that I had the opportunity to meet him exactly two months before (Apr-29-2007) in New York when he was giving a Santoor Concert, his last item in his Musical Tour in USA along with Chitra'kka, a day before his departure to India.

Music has lost one of its greatest children. MSV (and Rasikas) has lost one of MSV's beloved Musicians !!!

May everyone get the strength to bear this VOID and LOSS !

We will all miss you Viswesh Uncle !!!

With Silent Tears...

Last edited by Ram on Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really it is a sad morning to hear the sad news that, Shri. Visweshvaran is no more.

I heared more about his wonderful talents in playing the instruments, especially santoor. He is not only one of the troup members, but a very sencitive fan of our MSV sir.

I saw him in few programmes in Music Academy and Kamaraj Hall, but in reasonable distances.

God should give the mental strongness to our Master MSV, to bear this shock news.

Heartly condolances to Ms. Chitra Visweshvaran and family.

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: WE WILL MISS YOU - FOREVER Reply with quote

Dear Ram & Members,

I am actually trying hard to fight my tears as I do this posting. Early morning when my mobile rang, Ram I thought it was you as my mobile displayed "unknown call". Then came the news about Viswesh's sudden demise. It was too big a shock for me at that time of the day.

Viswesh uncle had gone to the hospital last night for a routine check up and came back around 1030 pm. Suddenly he developed breathlessness and collapsed. Ms. Chitra told me this morning that Viswesh uncle was very jovially talking to every one at the hospital with out a clue that he would remain immortal after 5 hours. Shocking indeed!!!

This morning we had gone to see him, your dad was there along with Sabesan and Bhaskar. Bhaskar couldn't believe it as he was the one who set right his UPS a few days back. When Viswesh uncle called me to complaint that his UPS was down, I immediately alerted Bhaskar who had completed the job for him.

Viswesh uncle is such a down to earth person in every way one could imagine. I got to know him only through a phone call on a day when his "Sirappu Then Kinnam" was telecast on Jaya TV couple of years back. During the course of that programme, at one place he mentioned "Naan MSV enum Maga Manitharai Santhithen". I was so pleasantly shocked at his reverence for MSV and I called him at once and from then on we have been in touch almost every other day. Viswesh uncle has been a pillar of strength for all of us at MSVTIMES.COM. He used to literally call us once in 3 days to enquire the progress of the site. He would contribute all his good will messages to all of us saying"ennappa ithu varaiyilum yaarume seiyathathai neengal ellam seithu vittergal" . We used to feel soooooooooooooo thrilled that someone is recognising our hard work and giving us all the encouragement and appreciation instantly. This is precisely why I call Viswesh uncle as "such a down to earth soul". MSV was already there this morning at Viswesh uncle's house, and he was also fighting hard to control his emotions. When I spoke to him on the phone early morning, his voice was choked with full of emotions. He said, "enappa ithu romba bad newspa". I am sure Viswesh uncle must have been a great favourite to MSV as it was MSV who came 16 times to Viswesh uncle's house to see him when he was ailing. They have Great admiration and Reverence for each other.

I feel I have lost someone very near & dear to me as he is one man who will go to any extent to talk, sing, play whistle, mimicry all about MSV and his works. On many occassions Viswesh uncle and me have sat together in his studio for hours together to listen to MSV's songs. He will literally forget himself in the flow of MSV;s music with his unique...... aha aha..... ennavellam panni irukkar pa........Viswesh uncle, I will miss you forever. MSVTIMES.COM more in particular as you were the driving force in all our endeavours.

MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE. PRANAAMS TO YOU.

VAIDYMSV
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: PRANAMS !!! Reply with quote

ORU MANIDHAN VAAZHNDHA VAAZHKAIKKU AVANADHU MARANAMEY SAATCHI !!!!

MY HUMBLE PRANAMS, DEAR VISVESH UNCLE !!!

With Tears
Venkat
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sri Visweswaran's sudden demise is an irreparable Loss to the Music World and to our MSVTIMES.COM in particular.

As Ram said in his message, in our first encounter with him itself, we became very close him - especially Ram ! The highest emotion-filled respect he had on our Master (whenever we utter the word 'MSV' he keeps his hand on his chest and close his eyes !) , his authority on his Santoor,
his singing, his down-to-earth character, respect he used to show to elders ( the "saashtaanga namaskaram " he did with Mrs Chitra on the feet of my grandma who is 98, when he had seen her in a function at Narada Gana sabha) and his humour - Oh God ! We lost everything !!

MSVTIMES was planning to organise quarterly events and we were all discussing that Visweswaran would be the Chief Guest to the first event being planned for July - but see the cruelty of fate - we are going to condole his demise in the first meeting ! Terrible !

As I was getting out of bed this morning, I got Vaidy's SMS on this shocking news ! I started worrying how our master Sri MSV was going to receive this and withstand the agony !! When I went to Sri Visweswaran's place I saw MSV already sitting there alongwith his wife. The moment he saw me he grabed my hands and became very emotional. I tried to console him as he was telling me " Enna Ramki, indha maadhiri aayuduche ! ". He was emotional and continued to hold my hands until he left the place ! I was telling him again again to calm down, requested his wife to take care of him ( she too was weeping continuously !) and prayed God he should have mental strength to bear this great loss of one of the gem-members of his team !!

I recall and remember always the "Abhivadhaye" namaskaram he used to do to our Master with Ms Chithra at the end of every Dance programme and his santoor program if MSV was present there ! I even heard that the couple had done 'Paadapooja' to Sri MSV on an occasion !! What a Guru-Sishya Bhavam !!

May his soul rest in peace !!

RAMKI

Baskar CS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myheart weeps .

i had heard about visvesvaran earlier as well as his wife as a popular figure and never thouight i would have an association with him thanks to vaidy ,but what a life it is so crude that the more you love more they move - aboard.

he called me for more than five six times and i returned his call perfectly and invited to his house to fix a proiblem in his UPS .

i got that fixed with the technicians in a periood of fifteen days and after the job was over i thought i can go and see him bit later .

i met him early this week at his place when sundari silks rajaraman was there and after a lengthy talk about music philosophy i felt that i was taking more time of visvesh and attempted to get up .

believe me he was panting and i even told him to relax for a while and we went to the acoustic room where he played carnatic from his apple

he even told to listen to anna's music and as i found that was his resting time i requested him to have his lunch and take rest

he paid me more than what i deserve and believe me he was so cool ,compassionate ,patient and very humble

i was quite alright this morning and after the news i bacame very emotional and could not control when i saw the body

i remember that noon when i sang naan nanri solven and few other numbers standing out and he was so patient to listen not only for his guru ,music but as human being

he is not visveswaran - he is viswanesan .

he spoke few lines about vaan nila of pattinapravesam at the end and moved in .

i dont understand the life ,relation, death and myself
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very sad indeed. I could not believe when I received a sms from Ramki sir. Immediately I phoned up him. I am really shocked. As Mr.Ramki mentioned we were planning to have a meeting with the Great Visweswaran as the chief guest. Ram, Vaidy, Bhaskar, your personal experiences speak volume about the greatness of this multifaced wonderful human being. I feel very sorry that I did not have personal acquiantance with the great man. As I write this, tears rolling down my cheek. In a matter just one month, the mother of music has lost two of her children. One is the great L.Vaidhyanathan and another is our Visweswaran Sir.

I don't have any doubt that his soul will rest in peace for the soul had all along listened to the divine music of our great genius MSV Sir.
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT WAS QUITE SHOCKING TO THE DEMISE OF PANDIT VISVESWARAN AND THE LOSS TO THE MUSIC WORLD IS IRREPARABLE.HIS WAS A LIFE IN MUSIC .EXPONENT OF A RARE INSTRUMENT LIKE SANTOOR,HE WAS RAREST OF HUMAN BEING TOO.IN A SENSE,HE DEFIED AGE,AS ALRREADY SAID,HIS SENSE OF HUMOUR WAS INFECTIOUS. HIS RECOUNTING OF NAUSHADS STATEMENT ON MSV WHEN HE WAS IN DELHIS PRESIDENTIAL CORRIDORS TO RECIEVE PADMASHRI FOR MRS.CHITRA VISVESWARAN IS STILL RINGING IN MY EARS( I THINK INVARIABLY HE WOULD HAVE TOLD THIS TO EVERY ONE OF OUR MEMBERS WHOMSOEVER HAS MET HIM).

MAY HIS GREAT SOUL REST IN PIECE.

MAY GOD GIVE COURAGE TO MRS CHITRA TO BEAR THIS MOMENT OF SORROW.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all,

please see the tribute in express and the hindu dated today of visweswaran

baskar
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tribute to visweswaran

cloudy morning it was
with drizzles on earth canvas
falling on my head here and there
turned to be the tears
on demise of the music pears

what a tall figure you are
with well combed hair that falls
softly and gently you moved with us
quietly you left us like the evening breeze

what a life it is
to snatch you so ease
death is life and beautiful
but memory is beyond the poem
that can never be erased

tell me visvesh
what you thought when you breathed last
i could see the marching teeth
smilingly saying what else other than music

baskar
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msvramki wrote:
MSVTIMES was planning to organise quarterly events and we were all discussing that Visweswaran would be the Chief Guest to the first event being planned for July - but see the cruelty of fate - we are going to condole his demise in the first meeting ! Terrible !

மனதை உலுக்கி எடுக்கும் வரிகள்.

மரணத்தின் கோரப்பிடி எவ்வளவு கொடுமையானது என்பதை உணர்த்தும் இன்னொரு பயங்கர நிதர்சனம்.

என்ன இது...?. இவ்வளவுதானா வாழ்க்கை...?

S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venkat and Ram,

Kindly upload the articles on Pandit Visweswaran in The Hindu and Express in particular in our forum for the benefit of the listeners.
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donot find words... A great Musician and a noble soul. I remember the day when I met him first...and that was the only occasion I was fortunate to have the darshan of that great Musician.

So sad I am, when the reality stares now... My heart felt condolences to the family members of Mr.Visweswaran.

With prayers to mother Bhuvaneswari...

May his Soul rest in peace!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: