"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kaalamidhu Kaalamidhu" - A perfect lullaby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahalakshmi Parthasarathy

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: "Kaalamidhu Kaalamidhu" - A perfect lullaby Reply with quote

Hi All....

I'm new to this Club ! I'm a die-hard fan of MSV and feel glad to have joined the club.

The song I've chosen for analysing is "kaalamidhu Kaalamidhu" from the film Chitti.

No one can disagree with the fact that this one of the most famous lullabies that would relieve anyone's stress and make them forget their worries...

I happened to listen to P.Suseela's interview and specially with regard to this song, the information she gave was really fantastic.

Those lines....

"Iyyirandu Thingalilum Pillai Perum podhum
Annai endru vandha pinnum kannurakkam pogum"

when Suseela was rehearsing for this song, MSV asked her to sing the above lines in a way where it should really show the labor pain a woman suffers during her delivery time and people should feel the exuberance in the song.... There stands MSV's concern..

And the Shenoy bit between the song much more bring out the exuberance of a Girl's life from Birth to Death..

This is a perfect lullaby that I've ever heard in my life....No one can give us such a pearl except MSV !!
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Welcom aboard !!! Reply with quote

Dear Mahalakshmi,
That was a Grand Opening with an amazing number !!!
This is one of the songs that I had been cherishing since my childhood and was totally wonderstuck with the lyrics and the tune when I listened for the first time. Neatly picturised as well....Thanks for bringing out this song.The aesthetics of the song lies in the way each stage of a woman's life is conveyed. Neat presentation !!!

On behalf of the Elite members of MSVTIMES.COM I take pleasure in welcoming you !!! Welcome Aboard !!!

Expecting more such amazing numbers...

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am also a new member and the song mahalakshmi had chosen is extremely wonderful.
the fast beat in the song picturising the child play mood and when it comes to next part of life of a girl the music changes its colour and now play a different one with some sober feeling
it is just not the imagination of music alone but there lives poet in him
msv has kannadasans poet in him and kannadasan has msv's music in him
it is not a word play . its a feeling
be with it and you will be that
that is msv
i do not know who penned this song .may be ksg himself if i am right
Mahalakshmi Parthasarathy

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was written by Kannadhasan !!
Ram

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Dear Mahalakshmi & Baskar,

Expecting lot of writings from you both on the compositions of the Legend of Melodies, M.S.Viswanathan!!!

Welcome to this Elite "MSV Club" !!!
msvramki

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள மகாலக்ஷ்மி,

எம் எஸ் வி டைம்ஸ். காம் ன் வரவேற்புக்கள்.

'காலமிது காலமிது கண்ணுறங்கு மகளே" - அருமையான பாடலுக்கு உங்கள் மிக அருமையான விளக்கம்.

இந்தப்பாடல் எந்தப்பெண்ணையும் ஈர்க்கும், மயக்கும்.

அதிலும் நம் மாஸ்டர் சுசீலாவிடம் பாட்டுவரிக்குரிய உண்ர்வை கொண்டு வந்த விதம் ! - பிரமாதம் !! இப்படி எந்த இசையமைப்பாளராவது இப்போது ????

எழுதிக்கொண்டே இருங்கள், மஹாலக்ஷ்மி !!

ராம்கி
கோர் க்ரூ
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome welcome Mahalakshmi & Baskar CS Very Happy

Unique song you have chosen & no doubt about its class. Padmini's nice acting and P.Susheela's wonderful voice modulation and above all, the lilting tune combined makes it a gem !

There is another beautiful song in the movie . Sandhipomaa indru sandhipomaa !

Now, we expect more and more unique picks from you .

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: