"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Master at the Piano

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raghavan vasudevan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: The Master at the Piano Reply with quote

Hallo,

Almost every music director has some favourite instruments which he uses extensively in his comopositions. For example

1. Shankar Jaikishan Violins, Accordian
2. Lakmikanth Pyerelal - Flue, Vilolins
3. R.D.Burman - mostly western instruments
4. Kalyanji-Anandji - Shenai, flute etc
5. K.V.mahadevan - Veena, sitar,organe tc.

Bust MSV uses all instruments and does not leave any. I doubt is there any instrument which he has not used.

I now list some of the beautiful songs for which Piano has been used byn MSV. Piano is rarely used in Tamil films.

1. Palum pazamum - Pattu onru kettan paravasam anen
2. Enga mama - ellorum nala vazha nan paduven
3 Kannan en kadalan - paduvor padalam
4. lEnna enna varthagalo - Veenirai adai
5. Pudiya paravai - Unnai onru ketpen

the list goes on. Can any tell me atleast five songs for which any other music director in Tamil has used this wonderful instrument.

What is so special in the songs mentioned above is, Piano is used predoinminently and just not as a prelude. Infact Piano is the basis.

Great indeed are MSV comopisitons.

In most of my positings I have been referring about Hindi Music directors because I have been hearing old film hits for the past 30 years. There was time in the 1960-1970 there were about 20 music directors keeping themselves busy in the fiield and each one of them were bringing out their best in a stiff compeition of melody.

Ofcourse MSV had not had much competition.

In Hindi Music world, music directors engaged lot many musicians, used a variety of instruments,batches of violins, their recording technology was advanced. Further Hindi film market was wide. Lastly but not leastly music directors were paid heavily. But in soiuth and in Tamil, such plus points were not there, yet with limitations , MSV ruled on and on and so he is great and can not be compared. This is what I would like to drive home .
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Pick a Song and Analyze! Reply with quote

Dear Vasudevan ,

PAATTONRU KAETTEN was from Paasa Malar
PAADUVOR PAADINAL was the song from Kannan en kaadhalan, just to keep the message proper when all other points are correct. I trust I am not mistaken.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
baroque

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding composition VELLI MANI OOSAIYILE..... I quite often indulge from the music section. Thanks , MSVTIMES.
Honey soaked orchestration PIANO,FLUTE,VIOLIN & SHENOY with sugary Susheela.

GREAT, I am excited. Shri.MSV blessed me, surprised me with a cozy, lazy,intimate elegant musical.
SWING SWING UNADHU....... Dreamy orchestration with piano,flute, violin passages,guitar strumming.

Ram, Tried to listen VIZHIYE KADHAI .... from Music section. It is playing SWING SWING for me! (Horray Smile indha pattu kettu romba naal aachu). Please fix it when time permits.

Vizhiye kadhai yezhu... from Urimaikural.
What a beauty!
What an outstaning strings ludes with flute passages,piano, bongo drums rhythm.
Shri.MSV's orchestration is densely packed, thick, contains appealing matter with right instruments.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Pick a Song and Analyze! Reply with quote

Dear baroque,
Your appreciation of Vizhiyae kadhai ezhudhu is understandable. There is a simultaneous package of romantic elegance intrtwined with a sense of mild anguish in the very lyric. As ever, MSV has immortalized the mood by an exceptionally articulated orchestration played to very precise decibels conveying some hidden meloncholy.It can not be expected of lessr mortals and MSV has rather outdone some of his earlier masterpieces in this song. A rare song for its lyric ,mood , embellishments - all very subdued and thus powerfully possessive. Another great song from the genius.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
baroque

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed UNBEATABLE MUSICAL GENIUS!!

Sir, Speaking of pathos
Paartha gnabagam illaiyo….. Emotive orchestration.

Soul stirring pathos Yengey nimmadhi… spectacular orchestral show with piano, dramatic violin, guitar, jaladharangam and chorus.

Let me wind up this awesome day with joyous Thendralukku endrum vayadhu….. Joyous piano feast with Lover boy’s dreamy voice.

Romba romba romba pudichuyerukkey, good night! Vinatha.
baroque

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stylish ‘Kann irandum...’ Aandavan Kattalai filled with horn, guitar, vocal humming, flute tabla, piano, accordion encouragement!( In prelude Anubhavam pudhumai... olikkaradhey, must be KIRWANI ambience! What a Hip fellow!)
Smile Forever in love with P.B.Sreenivas, konji konji! Romantic , aasaiyaana lyrics!
Fashionable composer indeed! Romba amazing aa yerundhadhu when we listened to it this rainy cold dark evening while driving! Smile
http://www.musicplug.in/multiple_song_flashplayer.php?songid=17706&br=medium&id=3556&page=movies
ramasamysujatha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Athaanin Muthangal athanaiyum muthukkal from Uyarntha Manithan?

Thottukkattava...Melainattu sangeedhathai Thottu Kaattava? from Thedi Vandha Mappillai?

We can make a very good list of Piano songs from MSV
Razz
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings to all. I am one of the oldest members since dec 06 and back to the forum after a decade. The postings are very interesting and informative about the legend MSV .Many are to be read.I request somebody to write about the songs,if not discussed,CHITTAHA PINNA PINNA VAA (KODI MALAR)
THANGACHI CHINNA PONNU (KARUPPU PANAM) THULLI OODUM KAALHAL INGE (PERIA IDATHU PENN). I wonder about the prelude in THANGACHI CHINNA PONNU SONG.
I love these songs and enjoy the same in you tube. TMS,SUSEELA,GOVIDARAJAN and LRE are at the best in the songs.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: WELCOME BACK Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sankaran,

While you may have genuine reasons for this long absence from our sight and site, good to see you coming back after a whopping 10 year break!

Cheers

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!
VaidyMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: