"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MANAGEMENT EXPERT MSV BY MMA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: MANAGEMENT EXPERT MSV BY MMA Reply with quote

Dear All,

As a true respite from the real pounding of rains in Madras came the pleasant evening organised by Madras Management Association (I am so glad that both the Madras High Court & the Madras Management Association haven't changed their names succumbing to political pressure!!) under the stewardship of MS Shekar, who very aptly chose this topic - "Leadership in Creative Business" - MSV to enlighten all of us assembled there as to how Shri. MSV inspite of not even holding a basic educational qualification, "Managed" to surpass some of the finest talents passed out of our IIMS in managing an orchestra that not only had the best of talents in the industry but the biggest of egos as well!! The venue - Chola Sheraton then & My Fortune now, was jam packed as if for a new movie release with the audience in rapt attention. Here we go...

The case study presented by Shekar delved in absolute detail as to how MSV could manage an orchestra that not only consisted of legendary players in their own rights, yet produced the best of film music that we are still listening to even after 6 decades of them being tuned! Some of the most illustrative observations by Shekar that really impressed me were, how MSV deviated (with what guts is what matters here) from the forte held my musicians of stupendous talent trained the tradional ways, to churn out tunes that were totally new that went onto set a trend for others to follow in the later years! The Management skills that MSV naturally possessed that gave no room for any egoistic influence either on the part of MSV or his very senior orchestra members itself could be a case study for submission of a thesis! MSV's adaptability to times & change with never before witnessed ease & confidence in the annals of film music by any of his predecessors has simply been outstanding always. The brand that MSV established for himself not stooping to any levels inspite of the industry's demands are nothing but a classic example of how MSV always believed in quality over quantity and nothing else mattered to him!

The other very interesting, important inference on how MSV reached his music to the door step of his listeners by being the pioneer in live staging of his films songs with the same orchestra that he used in various studios during song recordings is ample proof that here's one man who never held a degree behind his name, yet catapulted himself to be the topic of discussion by MMA, rightly presided by SPB - a never before attempt by any of the business schools in India, please note! Loyalty in business is very hard to find but how MSV excelled in this area too over anyone else in this industry where cutting one's throat is freely exchanged or should I say allowed? That MSV never scored for any film under MM Chinappa Thevar's banner just for the reason that it was KVM's domain MSV was trying to infringe into, and that MSV learnt his hard lesson through a "tight slap" from his mom for having accepted a cash advance also for this assignment is ample proof that MSV practiced finest of ethics in the industry from yet another uneducated person - his own mom! Such things can't be taught by any IIM or IIT is also my humble submission here. MSV's single line approach - its is only voice over music & not the reverse. The management of time, punctuality, his never say "pack-up" attitude even at very odd hours even after completion of a song recording are nothing but a hall mark of a committed musician from whom many have had their tutelage, not practiced though is another bitter fact. I am sure MSV always remained a Director's Delight!

Then, there were many facets of Shri. MSV discussed by Shekar and the evening's Chief Guest SPB. As ill luck would have it, I could only shoot a 20 minute video of the speech of SPB as my SD card ran out of memory. SPB if allowed would have continued "all night long" but chose to cut short his emotional outburst due to paucity of time. Yet, it was an evening we all got drenched thoroughly in the glory of our Greatest Musical Phenomenon of this Millennium Shri. Shri. MSV - Courtesy MS Shekar & MMA...

Kudos to MS Shekar & MMA for having given us an evening that we will all cherish for a long time to come. I shall provide the youtube link for this video soon.

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!

VAIDYMSV

msvramki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=darkblue]Hats off to M S Sekhar for giving such an Innovative Programme on our Master's Leadership Skills, that too to a different group of audience, all, senior professionals from Industrial Houses, in Madras Management Association event.

It was amazing to know how our Master's Skills perfectly matched the competencies of a typical, most efficient CEO of a business house or how it even surpassed.

His presentation, demonstrated with various incidents that happened in the process of His melody creation, was fabulous.

Later when the Chief Guest Sri SPB shared his emotional connect and experiences with our Master, it perfectly endorsed every Leadership qualities of this Legend that was told by MSS earlier.

Though I used to just, in one line, wonder all these year,s how this 'Creator' could command such genius musicians to deliver exactly the way he conceived, this multidimensional aspects of His skill when explained with instances, created an 'Awe' not only in me, but also in all those who were present !

I would have asked this doubt to Him at least a dozen times, his answer used to be, only, as you all know, "it was a team work' !

Thanks a tonne, Sekhar, for giving such a wonderful programme.
It deserves to go as a Thesis work !

Ramki

[/color]

Last edited by msvramki on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Mr MS Sekhar's crisp presentation on shri Msv from management perspective was very intersting. It is to the credit of MR MS Sekhar that Madras management association has done a programme for the first time involving entertainment industry and it was none other than Msv.

Sekhar eloborated about the various skiils msv had, to get his product suceed. He lauded his work ethic and pointed out that all stake holders, namely director, producer & the listener are kept absolutely happy.

He importantly pointed out that Msv transformed Music. Msv was dead sure that rasigas will raise to the ocassion, he noted.

Most of the information will be well known to many of us. But Msv to be appreciated in marketing parlance was quite new. Rich experience of ms sekhar made it more intersting. Let me try to get the material and the same can be uploaded in msv times.com.

v sivasankaran
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all

Like vaidy has rightly pointed out it was a memorable evening .

I enjoyed more as these type of programs are close to my heart and i feel would take MSV to new territories .

MSS ,true to his image managed the presentation exceedingly well , with no extra adjectives , and very precious to facts . As siva mentioned , many of the facts are known to us , but the packaging was so tight , that whole episode was very interesting .

Though SPB was delayed , none in the crowd grumbled , because ,the presentation was so nice . new to most . followed by SPB's emotional speech.

its un fortunate that it was not open to public as its for MMA alone . However the webcast happened,

i hope soon the programme will be on air .

Not only that , extended version of that program would be for the general public soon

i am happy MSS has started the process and hope more such programs would follow .

please be ready for another presentation by seasoned fan /writer Mr . RAM N RAMAKRISHNAN, who is not new to our forum .

the program details will be advised in couple of days and for a small audience and on cost sharing basis

hope to get good response so we plan such programs often .

thanks
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS TO MMA-THE LINK FOR THE PRESENTATION ON MELLISAI MANNAR MSV IS AVAILABLE AS FOLLOWS
www.liveibc.com/mma
We are also happy to inform you that in addition to the live webcast of the lecture, the audio recording of MR. SPB's address will also be available at:
Please find below the link for the Voice of MMA:
i-radiolive.com
ON BEHALF OF MSVIAN'S i take this opportunity to thank profusely MMA for this innovative and informative presentation , which would open the gates for many research aspirants
Thank you MMA thank you CAPT VIJAYAKUMAR THANK YOU MR. M S SEKAR AND THANK YOU MR SPB
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK sir,
Thanks for the link. It is wonderful.....
Sai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: