"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MEETING WITH VAK RENGARAO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: MEETING WITH VAK RENGARAO Reply with quote

Dear all
[size=18]Siva sankaran and myself knocked up the door of Mr VAK Rengarao, who is owning of more than 50000 records in 40 languages.

Actually Mr AVM Kumaran referred his name, while we are searching for
THRILLING THEMATIC TUNES SOURCE .have been trying to reach him for last couple of months and we took the chance today .

i said ' chance ' because i was told that he did not receive people well and his curt replies when some one approaches him.

But we have a great key MSV to open any lock we took chance .

After a few minutes , the man appeared at door , after hearing us , said that he could spare only 5 minutes as he has not been well .

After the introduction , he settled down , and throw many interesting facts about music and on MSV
i am sure many of you ,( especially Murali, Vatsan SRS) , would have loved when so many facts about so many songs in all languages are just thrown out just like that .

i am just giving a few said of MSV - pardon me i neither recorded the conversation nor noted down - which i regret now .

a) VR period was really great for the tamil film music . From reliable sources ,he knew that (Bala saraswathi is aunt and PBS is his great friend )70 % have been composed by viswanathan .Ramamurthy played carnatic very correctly , and visu beautified his composition with those in puts .
b) Devadas songs were composed by MSV after sudden demise of CRS
c)Chandi rani all songs other than one ( he mentioned but i forgot ) were composed by viswanathan ,in all 3 languages .
d)Raja malayasimhan has a great dance song in malaysian music (that type is called GAMELAN-He didnot get that name , but smsd me later ).the great ness is he produced the malaysianmusic using indian instruments which no one has thought about .
e)when CRS used 18 instruments , MSV used 70- 80 instruments .But its not the no of instruments he used , but how intelligently he used every one of them showed his greatness.
f) Balasaraswathy (his aunt ) used to say that the boy who served coffee/tea to her , had been composing great melodies .
g)he talked about NICHAYATHAMBOOLAM - and its songs in depth . it was again produced in 2 languages . 10 songs were recorded , but only 8 appeared . knowing this VAKR went to every one from lyricist, director ,produced to include in the record . Infact Mr BS Renga , said he should get satisfied with 8 , rengarao wanted to add as good songs never to be left out .
he mentioned PBS PS song , is outstanding . on the day of recording PBS had severe cold , and refused to sing ,while msv told him to continue . the reason is the song was supposed to sung by a drunkard in the film and it doesnot matter if there is cold . and rengarao Loves that song. . he mentioned 3 songs from theat film .
h) then he enquired about mellisaimannar and his family
i) he talked about other MDS , c ramachandra , lata ,lata's brother , mahendrakapoor, kannadasan
and we came out its 45 minutes after the deadline he set initially .

A person we should interact , we thought so , he is keen and suggested to have GS Mani with him , so he can narrate and musically GSM can expose

so we will do one interaction with him.[/size] soon
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sirs,
How marvellously have you all unearthed these treasures! Your zeal to penetrate these great minds (who have decided to be reserved for some genuine reasons of their own) is wonderful and that you have brought out such gems about our Master...! Yes, the name MM is the key that really holds and can unlock the mysteries of our music world!
Wonderful!
Sai Saravanan
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK,

Good to note about your meeting with Mr Renga Rao and it is amazing to know that the gentleman is in possession of more than 50,000 records. But you have not mentioned whether he has the LP Record - MSV's great Instrumental Album, which you people are calling as 'Thrilling Thematic Tunes', which probably was a name given later on. But as I have been repeatedly mentioning in this Forum, it used to be originally known as "Navarasak Kolam" (as we got to know about it from Radio Ceylon). Please refer this name and check with Mr Rao whether he has this wonderful album in his possession.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cassette that was released by HMV or its earlier group was titled as Thrilling thematic tunes, as I remember. I will also check it up.
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Mr Venu

yes he has the records all over probably other than a small moving place . Mr Ranga Rao seems to be having another place in his native place also .

As per him , he does not have this recoed , probably he would check when he goes to his native place . let us wait .

mean while the news from Sa Re Ga Ma is things are going as planned

tamil year Greetings To all

wregds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: