"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jayachandran's 70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Jayachandran's 70 Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I was casually browsing the net when I came across an interesting piece on singer P. Jayachandran in the Hindu. This would have appeared in the Tamil Nadu issues of the paper. The news was that he has turned 70 and the reporter had mentioned his rendering of our Mellisai Mannar's song in Malayalam “Rajeeva nayane neeyurangoo…” I do not know the song, but in the listing of other hits, one well-known song of MM, “Suprabhatham…” was (recognizable) present. Unfortunately, the brief list of songs in Tamil does not contain any of our MM's songs, though his career began with MM here! PJ singing for MM: It can be classified as a special genre! They have been unique.

Whatever be the case, the important news was his turning 70. The link is given below for those who may not have seen this:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/like-a-love-song-untouched-by-age-he-still-sings/article5769379.ece

Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: