"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new book with mention of MM in Telugu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: A new book with mention of MM in Telugu Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I wish to direct your attention to today's the Hindu newspaper. The book review section, interestingly, carries a review on a telugu book written by one Pulagam Chinnarayana, titled 'Swarnayuga sangeetha darsakulu'. This book is supposed to describe the contribution of music directors to Telugu cinema. And, this person appears to have written about our mellisai mamannar too among others like Rajeswara Rao (Missiamma), Adi Narayana Rao (Aduttha veetu penn?), Chakravarthi (Yamanukku yaman), Sathyam, Rajan-Nagendra (Iru nilavugal), etc. Probably more about the background of each music director and their detailed contributions are mentioned. It was by coincidence that I noticed this, as I normally throw a glance on such pages very casually to see if some interesting topic figures.
Another feature is that this book appears to have been published from the USA. I do not know how to get to know of the contents until someone gets to read this and we come across them, which is a remote possibility. But then the mention of his name was sufficient for me to inform you all, even if this is insignificant.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: How to Register? Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sai Saravanan,
It is nice of you to have brought out details OF A REVIEW OF a book on Telugu composers where in apparently MM's works appear.As it is a product from US some of our site members -- madam Meenakshi, Ms Vinatha or Mr. Ram -our moderator with some US contacts would be of some help, provided you can inform the forum of the details of the publication house from where The Hindu has received a copy for review. FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH, EVEN IF IN TELUGU, OUR FORUM MANAGERS CAN KEEP A COPY OF THE BOOK as a collection in our archives, hoping one day to find some knowledgeable [Telugu reading Tamilian] who can piece together the observations of the author. Thank you for the painstaking posting on such a message.
Warm regards K.Raman Camp: Navi Mumbai.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,
The details of the publishing house of the book are as follows:
Book title: Swarnayuga Sangeetha Darsakulu
Language: Telugu
Author: Pulagam Chinnarayana
Published by: ChimataMusic.com, Srinivas Chimata
Address: 34361, Eucalyptus Terrace,Fremont, CA 94555, USA
Price: Rs. 500/-
Other info: Book dedicated SPB
Review by: Ambika Ananth

News appeared in the book review section of the Hindu, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2011, Hyderabad edition, pp.18

Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another book reviewed by The Hindu.. A news appeared in the friday review issue on 24 Jan 2014 of the Hyderabad edition, last week. The book, probably (obviously), is a Telugu book named as 'Swarnayuga sangeetha darsakulu (1932-1982)' by Pulagam Chinnarayana Chimataa, and published in CA, USA with a price of Rs.500 ($75).
The book, the reviewer writes, is about music directors who served Telugu cinema between 1932 to 1982, upto SPB. The cover has pictures of many MDs, in which our MM is also seen. While nothing much is quoted about our MM in the review, a point from a report of TKR's interview to AIR is quoted where TKR had mentioned that he had composed the song 'Jagame maaya, or, Ulage maayam' for the film Devadas. The book appears to (refute) comment and quote Ghantasaala himself. Ghantasaala, it is written in the report, mentioned while presenting the song during his concert in Salem in 1956 that it was composed by MSV himself.
Information that I came across, thought nice to share...Thanks.
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much sai for the info
Vatsan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

Yes, Sai Saravanan I have been through that book and it is verily a treasure trove of photographs. I remember going through it excitedly but alas....the beautiful language Telugu eluded me then and remains foreign to me until now . Guess my search for a worthy translator has ended now Smile If possible, please present the gist here (with respect to MSV-TKR, MSV) at your leisure.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vatsan sir,
I am in Hyderabad but do not know or speak Telugu, unfortunately! I understand and follow to some extent. I will try and see if some known person is able to get a copy and get information on our MM.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: