"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ninaithaley Inikkum (Refurbished) Trailer Launch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Ninaithaley Inikkum (Refurbished) Trailer Launch Reply with quote

Giving below the link to K.Balachander's speech at the Trailer launch of the refurbished "Ninaithaley Inikkum" a couple of days back. Pls listen to the praises showered by him on MSV towards the end of his speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPIkrrDwi3M

The only mistake he made was by mentioning that the film is being re-released after 38 years, which is actually 34 years.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venu Sir,

Many thanks for providing the link. Movie NI is still vivid in my memory. I had the opportuntity to see this movie in Alankar after my sslc exams. Alankar was new and the ac effect was excellent.

KB known for taking serious melodrama and hilarious comedy,had directed this " feel good movie". Promtion done for the film laid great emphasis on the musical value of the film. Huge posters having the message of " Idhu oru thenisai Mazhai " was pasted across the city of Madras. To me the hero of this film was SHRI MSV. Only Shri MSV has the enormous capacity to provide all song hits in every movie for more than 2 decades.

Great usage of Guitar in What a waiting song. Hope members of our forum throw more light on the uasge of guitar.

Venu sir, KB had mentioned the great work of MM for the cricket scene in Avaragal. I remember you sending a link on the same.

V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Sivasankaran,

You are absolutely correct. The main hero of the movie is the great Mellisai Maa Mannar Shri MSV. In fact, KB made this movie banking on no one else except MSV. The songs were a smash hit. Even today, in any light music programme “Engeyum Eppodhum” is a certainty on the songs list. In case it is not, then it is performed on demand from the audience.

Yes, I had sent the link to the Cricket Match scene from “Avargal”, when we had a thread in the forum discussing cricket. KB by mistake mentioned that it was a song, whereas it was only an action sequence, the backbone of which was MSV’s music.

KB again by mistake mentioned that the cricket scene was cut. But it was not. Whereas, in his movie “Ethir Neechal”, music for which was composed by V.Kumar, there was a dance sequence song “Ennamma Ponnamma Pakkam Vaamma Vaamma” and music for just this one song was composed by MSV. This particular song was cut at Midland Theatre, Chennai, where the movie was screened.

During the trailer launch, I was shocked when KB initially closed his speech without mentioning a word about MSV’s music. He realized his mistake, came back, apologized saying “avar music pathi naan pesaama vitturunthenna, veettukku poi enna naaney sattayaala adichikitruppen” . Thereafter he simply showered praises on MSV and his music compositions.

Thanks for the opportunity. Long live MSV and his mesmerizing music.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,
It was a nice link on the re-release of this wonderful film. It evoked fond memories, still so fresh in my mind, after many, many years. I remember, being in my 7th or 8th standard, struggling hard to get permission from my parents to watch this film. For just one reason: to 'see' the music of mellisai maamannar on the screen!! All other things in the movie came next. Just his wonderful music, and nothing else....
Let us all only hope and pray that the 'digitisation' of the re-release of this movie does not distort the songs, and pray that they retain the original flavour. This is the only worry for now. It should not end up like a 'Karnan' re-release. Incidentally, Raj TV had telecast Karnan recently, and the songs had been retained and just sounded as good as ever!
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
Vatsan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

Great 13 songs together forming a bejeweled diadem. Rest of the aspects of the movie were some stray scattered jewels on the already ornamented crown. To me, "engEyum eppOthum" was the least of the impressive numbers because to me, it was nothing new. But I do recall the ripping and the roaring and hugely difficult combo organ (played by Ben Surender) in the second interlude. Rest of the 12 songs provided novelty beyond measure and that includes the absence of the traditional pallavi-charanam format in many of the numbers. Short but lovely interceptions were they without ever disturbing the story narration. We should pick up these Short but Sweet numbers, string them together and present them on stage in our Anniversary functions. Siva, the "guitaring" in "What a waiting" belongs to the Flamenco style of playing and MSV had one resident expert in his troupe who could do that, Visweswaran the Santoor player. I am sure Visweswaran played this piece.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please find below link to the speech (as usual very short & sweet) of Shri MSV at the NI trailer launch function:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bwE1U3uQvA

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please listen to Kamal's speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP0v_-TZ-MA

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: