"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lull ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Lull ... Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Though I am no body to make remarks, I do find an inescapable lull in our Forum threads. Some postings date back to years, months from our earlier trends of 'hours'. The current trend seems to have shifted to 'providing links' in place of sharing views. I do not decry the service rendered through these links.

Of late, seldom we come across the detailed perceptions on every item by analytic inputs and responses - corroborative or otherwise. My honest lamentation is, we have denied ourselves the pleasure of knowing those observations and incisive skills of our forum friends -relating to song compositions.

I know we have a large band of writers who can bring forth intricate interpretations to suggest a certain line of analysis. Sadly all those are missing. I know all our friends are busy with their office commitments. The very same friends were the ones who were eye openers sometime back. That all good writers have dropped into silence makes a sad display, more so when some one observes "there is nothing new in the Forum of our site".
Once again I clarify that I have no intentions to decry the efforts of friends, even as I go about reminding ourselves of our earlier activity in sharp contrast to what it is to-day.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prof Sir,

I have been working on 2 beautiful songs and shortly will come out with them for sure....One in memory of Valee ..
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: How to Register Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Balaji,
I never suspect the ability of our forum members.
My reference is to a shift in trend from 'analytic writing' to 'providing links'. Though the latter brand is a service in itself, it is the discussion which brings out elements not perceptible to all. Therefore, writing a few lines on the ingredients making a song memorable does a world of good to the listeners as much as it brings to limelight all the souls involved in making that song. That way my calling it a lull is to be perceived; I do not undermine the services of members in providing links from innumerable domains.
Thank you and anticipatory congratulations for your efforts underway.

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV பாடல்களில் புதைந்துள்ள பல அறிய இசை நுணுக்கங்களை நண்பர்களுடன் பகிர்ந்துகொள்ள ஆசைதான்.ஆயினும் இசை நுணுக்கங்களை எழுத்தில் வடித்து புரிய வைக்க முடியவில்லை. அதில் எனக்கு ஏமாற்றமே !
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: How to Register Reply with quote

Dear Mr. NY M [and other friends]
There may be serious inroads into your time, sitting and typing out your appreciation of Shri.MS V's compositions. But, to meekly suggest that you are not able to make a convincing write-up to make your points clear is not convincing. Of the voluminous material you have posted in our forum, a large bulk is detailed analysis; I cannot afford to forget how brilliantly you penned the beauties of "nilavu oru peNNAgi" from 'USV'. In fact, only after reading such posts of yours , Vatsan, Ram, SR shankar, Saravanan highlighting the music content, I realized my limitations and it got further humbled by the pieces of works by Mr. Parthavi [the senior Rangaswamy of our forum] and now I do not venture to write, as the few I tried have not gone down well with our forum friends. So, I thought, I can make an appeal to tone down the lull. Any way, if the writer chooses to stay off, precious little can happen. I thank Mr.Balaji and you for posting your perceptions.
Thank you very much.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respected Professor and Murali sir,
We cannot accept your comments when you say "...now I do not venture to write, as the few I tried have not gone down well with our forum friends.." and "MSV பாடல்களில் புதைந்துள்ள பல அறிய இசை நுணுக்கங்களை நண்பர்களுடன் பகிர்ந்துகொள்ள ஆசைதான்.ஆயினும் இசை நுணுக்கங்களை எழுத்தில் வடித்து புரிய வைக்க முடியவில்லை. அதில் எனக்கு ஏமாற்றமே !", respectively. Sincerely speaking, it is with great respect, admiration, and enthusiasm that we read postings from stalwarts like you, and many senior stalwart forum members right from Ramki sir to the latest GiRa (and even other new comers). Many of your writings are nothing short of very high class critical analysis, literary or musical, written with all the necessary information, touching on the history, actors, story, direction, photography, lyrics, singing, etc., all apart from our MM's compositions!! In fact, most of the time goes in just reading them with great interest, and waiting for the next posting which would continue from you all!
Therefore, please do not consider the lukeworm response from many of us to your postings, and we sincerely await each and every one of the postings from all the members. Please continue. We cherish all the writings.
Please also suggest ways and means to break the periodical lull that overpowers all of us, every now and then.
Thanks,
Sai Saravanan
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள ப்ரோபோசெர் மற்றும் சாய் சரவணன்,
எழுதக்கூடாது என்று நான் நினைக்கவில்லை. மேலும் எழுதவதற்கு பதில் பதிவு வர வேண்டும் என்று நான் எதிர்பார்ப்பதும் இல்லை. ஆயினும் அது உங்களை போன்றவர்களை கவர்கிறது என்ற அளவில் மகிழ்ச்சியே. நான் எழுதாதற்கு காரணம் என்று எதுவும் இல்லை. அது தானாக வர வேண்டும். நிச்சயமாக இந்த வாரம் ஒரு பாடலை பற்றி அலசுவோம்.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: