"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: TMS Reply with quote

TMS known for STRIKING voice and DICTON continues to conquer the hearts of rasikas for more than half a century. He was truely versatile as he exceled in the segement of sogam and polambal. Paluti valartha kili is a great example. ( Theeyale erengivitan, thirumba vanthu thazh paanivan)

He sang for all heros with impunity. Raiskas were able to easily identify for which hero he was rendering. He consciously used a nasal tone for MGR.

He idolsied MKT and he singing Radhe unaku kobam was an example of " Guruvai Minjaya Shsiyan". Some of the songs that he sang for GR Iyer was outstanding.

Avalaku Tamil endru from panchavarnakili was a truely outstanding. Shir Msv paid rich tributes on TMS during the interview with Vatsan. Not many have noticed his ability for soft singing. Ponnai virumbum and enrindu pathinaru vayathu.

To me my day is done , only if listen to the great TMS.

MY day is done, only when i listen to TMS.
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sivasankaran,

Since you have mentioned 'avalukkum thamizh endru per,' I want to share what Struck me about this song from the very first time I listened to it. It was Vaali's lyrics. I think Vaali has surpassed Bharathidasan who had written the original version sung by PS.

Of course, MSV's brilliantly distinct music for the two versions, similar to his feat with several other songs deserves to be treated exclusively and exhaustively by competent connoisseurs.

In this post, I want to confine myself to Vaali's brilliance.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: TMS IS TMS Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Siva,
Many of the songs TMS sang in 4 or 4 1/2 or 5 kattai(shuthi) which makes it fascinating to hear. It is god's gift to have such a vocal chord. People like SPB/PBS were singing in 3 or 2 1/2 mostly.

While people like Seerkazhi/TRM were close to him in terms of power of vioce
and shruthi, the range of songs for very different situations and different actors are the points which makes me to look at him with awe.

N Y Murali
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: