"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PBS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: PBS Reply with quote

Very sad to inform that the great PBS had passed away this morning. lets pray for his soul to rest in peace. God's gift to south indian music . I was fortunate to speak with him through his son recently while covering Kappal ottiya thamizan . his songs will remain immortal
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere condolences to all the near and dear ones and the fans of PBS. Myself and Vatsan been there and paid our respects. May his soul rest in peace.

He has sung immortal melodies churned by our master.

N Y Murali
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Heartfelt condolences to all the family members and fans of PBS. Golden voice of PBS, will be etched in memory forever. Passing away of PBS should be certainly called as END OF AN ERA.

V SIVASANKARAN
RENGASAMY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was real shocking news to all us. What a great man and his voice. His name it self says PBS( Play Back Singer).We never forget his molody voice and en no of songs. My Heart felt condolences to all the family members and fans of Great PBS. Will Pray to god for his soul is rest in peace. No one can forget about him, till his songs were in our memory.
As siva said it is an end of an ERA.

krs (K.Rengasamy)

V Sivasankaran wrote:
My Heartfelt condolences to all the family members and fans of PBS. Golden voice of PBS, will be etched in memory forever. Passing away of PBS should be certainly called as END OF AN ERA.

V SIVASANKARAN
    S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last song composed by MSV for PBS must be Ulagin Mudhal Isai ( Dhavapudhalvan ) . TMS and PBS sing for carnatic and hindustani part respectively. A great song ! PBS starting his part with a classical alapana on Pahadi .
    Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a sad news for all of us. A big loss! A great personality, humble and knowledgeable.

Is the song in Ganga Gowri (or correct me, if I am wrong), 'antarangam naan', his last with our master? Of course, I can recollect his lyrics for Varumayin Niram Sivappu for the hindi/tamil song by SJ.

Sai Saravanan
    S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sai Sir,

You are right . Andharangam naan ariven must be the last song. Its a Bhageshri beauty ! What a melody !! Though in the 70s, PBS's voice could not be heard in Tamil movies, he was very much on top in Kannada , for Rajkumar. Great man.
    N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharing with tears in my eyes.

http://youtu.be/PLNqURxEOEo

N Y Murali

For the past two days hearing all the immortal melodies sung by PBS. The real effect of missing him engulfs me.
    N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sai Saravanan,
    You have raised a question which is very interesting. Ganga Gori came in the year 1973. In 1974 PBS has sung a song 'Nann Chinanchiru pillai' from 'Naan avan illai'. And to my astonishment there is one song he has sung in the movie 'Vadai Malai' song 'oru paarvai podhum enai vella koodum' with VJ in the year 1982.

N Y Murali
    Vatsan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: PBS Cross Over... Reply with quote

"Subtle" Sreenivos was the most apt prefix I had ever come up with for any human being, and much to his delight too. 17 "long" years of association with him is too short a time to explore the depths of the man's sense of refinement in art appreciation, as I realize now. Hundreds of thousands of hours have we spent reflecting on the works of Naushad, Anil Biswas, Madan Mohan, Roshan, KVM, GR, CR Subburaman and MSV. The likes of Sahir, Gulzar, Shakeel Badayuni were not spared either. We often exchanged several couplets with a tinge of humour but pretty serious in intent, the sole intent being to improve our grasp on the finer points of that most intriguing language, Urdu. My last SMS to him was a day before he had breathed his last and it was about culling out the right Urdu word that was anologous to the English word "Subtle".....and you all, please believe me...it never crossed my mind that that was the very title I had bestowed upon him. The man's exit from this physical plane was as subtle as his singing , he had been given a bath after which food was served, which strangely was not attended to by him... he had slipped away and crossed over. My SMS too was left unattended to. Probably he preferred "living" it out to clarify my doubt as expressed in the SMS by hopping on to the next adventure rather than dwelling in the wordy space . Oops.....did I say "living it out"? I was told that his Horoscope charts indicated that this was his last incarnation and that he would merge with the Source of all, never to come back here. Let me slip out of the selfish mode and wish him a permanent space in the realms of the Creator. My loss is the Creator's gain this time around. So farewell Mr. Aesthetics !!!! No, I am not going talk about his skills, the very word sounds repugnant now. Spare a thought for his large Heart that encompassed humans of all shapes and sizes, of all temperaments and you would realize that owners of such Hearts do not need "skills" to be appreciated. As I caught the first glimpse of the lifeless frame of the crooner, a most potent heat wave of sadness rushed through from somewhere inside, making its way up. A deep feeling of incredulousness worsened it and I found myself sobbing into my napkin, all in public, yes....weeping in public, I never knew I could do it !!!! PBS' son was muttering something to me, I heard nothing and it didn't matter...nature had done its deed anyway !!!
    The site admin may choose to remove this post if it sounds too personal or irrelevant .
    vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: GLORIOUS CAREER Reply with quote

Dear Vatsan,

It was indeed a "subtle" way to leave this world. As you have rightly written, the interactions of you & Sabesan with him for so many years, the absolute simplicity of this man, the "never be obligated" attitude even while age caught up with him.........qualities to be emulated by all of us.

PBS was the inner voice of MSV himself. I am sure not even a day passed by for him without adoring the creations of the man whom he respected the most...MSV! It is indeed a huge loss for, we are not going to have another voice that has not only mesmorised us for decades but on most occasions been such a direct influence on most of us. PBS will be remembered for his subtle singing, subtle sangathis, subtle behaviour, subtle talking, subtle laughing.........subtility personified in totality.

Was listening to Naan Unnai Serntha Selvam last night from Kalai Kovil....Immortal rendering by this great soul who has just left us.

Voice of PBS - will ever be lingering in our ears...... My condolences to all of us as rasikas & to his family members...

May HIS Soul rest in peace!!!

VAIDYMSV

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLNYJ7uCyyM

Link for Ulagain mudhal isai . Listen to the birkas of PBS during Sapna hain . Amazing !
    Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vatsan and Vaidy sirs,
    You have poured your hearts out, and I am sure we can all realise the impact and importance of such a great human being in our lives too. You have been blessed to interact with him so long and close.
    Sai Saravanan
    V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,

For the last 5 days, i have been listening to any number of PBS SONGS. Honey soaked voice will have a telling impact on any listner.

Mullil Roja from Kalai Kovil to me stands out. Master peice of Mellisai mannar, will be certainly the most unique song for PBS.

PBS enters the song with a lovely humming. In this song , Pbs plays his part with humming and pallavi only, yet CAPTIVATING.

LRE in one of the interview was asked to spell out the best male play back singer and instantly she said ' PBS '

AS MR.vaidy said he was strikingly simple and accessiable to all. The Multi- linguist was unassuming and was loved by one and all.

Every time i listen to this number , iam tempted to see the movie kalai kovil. I am quite keen to know from our forum members, as to How Pbs valued this song.

V SIVASANKARAN
    N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

அமரர் திரு PBS அவர்களுக்கு நேற்று நடந்த இரங்கல் கூட்ட விழா மிகவும் மன உருக்கத்துடன் இருந்தது. பேசிய பேச்சாளர்கள் அனைவரும் திரு PBS அவர்களின் பாடும் திறனையும் அவரது எளிய அடக்கமான பண்பையும் நினவு கூர்ந்தார்கள். திரு MSV, ஷ்யாம், இளையராஜா, SPB , வித்யாசாகர், வாணி ஜெயராம், Y G மகேந்திரன், T L மகாராஜன், போன்றவர்கள் பேசினார்கள்.

அதில் வழக்கம் போல தன STRAIGHT FORWARD பேச்சால் கவர்ந்தவர் YGM. PBS பற்றி பேசிவிட்டு ஒரு கட்டத்தில் MSV பற்றியும் பேசினார். அவர் சொன்ன வாசகம் நாம் நம் வீட்டில் MSV பற்றி பேசுவது போல இருந்தது.
    'இந்த மாதிரியான இனிமையான பாடல்களை PBS பாடுவதற்கு காரணமாயிருந்த MSV யை என்ன செய்ய வேண்டும்? எனக்கு அவர் அருகில் சென்று குத்து குத்து குத்தவேண்டும் போல இருக்கிறது' YGM க்கு MSV மேல் உள்ள வெறி இப்படி வெளிவந்தது.

மற்றபடி பாடல்கள் பாடியதெல்லாம் சுமார். PBS கேட்டிருந்தால் 'நல்ல வேளை போய் சேந்தோம்' என்று நினைத்திருக்க கூடும்

N Y Murali
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
    Goto page 1, 2  Next
    Page 1 of 2

Jump to: