"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

muththukkaLO kaNgaL --VI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: muththukkaLO kaNgaL --VI Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
This piece on the song attempts to identify the seamless mental integration between Kavi arasu and Sevi arasu.
How brilliantly MSV opens the song on a whistle is not given in the short version in records.The piece can be heard in video/ long version.
Mesmerizing string play draws the listener to the central locus as mere hapless lambs drifting by 'massive movements' around.

Soon TMS comes in total majesty repeating the pallavi in succession before PS opens up. THE TWO CATER TO THE ROMANTIC MOOD AS' MADE FOR EACH OTHER VOCAL COMPLEMENTS'. It is PS who touches higher octaves in 'padiththa pAdam enna' in a grand sweep, where after the 2 keep the tempo in full gear through the entire song.

Substantial care has gone into the composition in the assembly of orchestration. There is such a pleasant continuity that any listener can ill-afford to digress a bit from listening.This is the precise power that kept the lyric in tentative mental abeyance from the listeners.

Be that as it may, time opens up facets through familiarity and thus the lyric started gaining its sheen from repeat listening.
MSV has used certain spots to deliver precise punches through orchestration by availing of vibrant percussion beats.

Listen to the spot 'kannippeNNai mella mella' when Bongo follows precisely like a shadow without obtrusive stances.
Practically everywhere, the same kind of unobtrusive orchestration is the hallmark of MSV.

Like wise 'vAzhai thOraNa mELaththOdu' is another soporific spot where MSV has spun magic beyond descriptive terminology.

At the end it is impossible to spell a fair judgment as to who outscored whom. Objective evaluation suggests, it is a relay race conducted in a grand style and finished in absolute grace. Such is the team KD-MSV.

Hope to have done some justice to the chosen item.

Thanks to all who lent their time reading the pieces.

Warm regards K.raman Madurai.
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof,

Many thanks for the detailed analysis. Franlky, i have never heard the song starting with whistle. Kavignar and Mellisai mannar continue to conquer the hearts of listners. All of us see MSv\ Kd works being used by the younger generation in a big way. Iam quite convinced that works of Mellisai Mannar and Kavignar is very much contemporary.

Looking for many many articles like this.
Vatsan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Guess. Reply with quote

Prof Saab, please accept my compliments at portraying your Heart's in-deptj response to this number. Now, please take a stab at what came first, meter or matter? That used to be one of my favourite games till sometime back Smile

This can be a fun exercise here in this forum. Am also interested in knowing what your criteria would be for deducing so.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: lyrics--- muththukkaLo vi Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vatsan,
With fond hopes that you have not laid any trap to nag me with, I express myself as under to your question 'meter or matter -which came first?
In this particular number I feel it was matter to which meter was evolved by MSV. What makes me say so?
Generally, when MDs create meter first, they cannot design all the undulations that we witness in a number.

In this very number , though the charaNams seem to flow in a pattern, the treatment of each lyric phrase reveals an exclusive 'contour' too personalized for that phrase.
Also, the quick responses from either singer suggests how lyricist worked on the theme. Possibilities are I may be wrong.

But intuition suggests that the lyric has been set; it received a melodious rendition ably supported by high quality orchestration rich in strumming and caressing percussion.

Pardon me if I am wrong; Please correct me to absolve me of unfounded notions - as I have no grooming in nuances of any form of music.

Thank you.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: