"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vishwa Thulasi – Ninaivillaya???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Vishwa Thulasi – Ninaivillaya??? Reply with quote

Dear All,

One of the most mellifluous melodies composed by this little genius is this song from the film Vishwa Thulasi. Shot, while the Emperor was in a great mood to go on & on that day…..Though forgotten (conveniently as usual) by many, I am sure this song will linger in the minds of our forum members forever.

Though I have spent many a moments with HIM, times like these are something that GOD gave me to be with my musical GOD……

MSV moments, moments of life…….forever!!!

Here’s the youtube link….ENJOY TO YOUR HEART’S CONTENT!!!

http://youtu.be/bOD7geoznjY

Cheers

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,
Thanks for sharing a one of life time video for me. This song always haunts me with the emotions that invokes from the time I first listened to it and still continue to do so.

You are a blessed person to have watched this. Have you got any other video pertaining to this song. If so Please upload.

Just wondering MSV saying this is Gazal type. In fact for the past decade he has been talking of Gazal type. If he gets one movie in his life time
to explore this Gazal type, I am sure he would be very happy.

I used to wonder how MSV would have conceived this song. The reason is that this little wonder man has used this similar melody for an exuberant situation for the young budding artist Sivakumar in the song 'En kelvikkenna badhil'. Now after a period of nearly 35 years if a man creates almost similar melody for emotion packed situation shows that the bottom melody of MSV remains the same only.

I am giving below the link for the movie version of the song.

http://youtu.be/l3j8vibBO3c

The you tube link provided above has only one charanam whereas the actual song has two charanams. In fact the second charanam is diffferent from the first charanam making us wonder how melodies just flows out of his imagination with so much variation.

Unfortunately I have the audio version of the full song and have no idea how to upload in you tube. If possible shall share the full version.

N Y Murali

Mr. Vaidy,
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: THE LEGEND UNPARALLELED Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

Thanks for the feed back. It has always been a fascination for me to see Shri. MSV in his most humble behaviour roll out melody after melody with absolute ease. Never have we heard him travel abroad, set himself against exotic locations, incur a huge hotel / travel bill to roll out life conquering melodies. On the contrary people who have indulged in such lavish practices have always landed with only trivial music that is not even worth listening to leave alone discussing.

The hallmark of MSV has been his matchless variations spontaneously pouring out of his harmonium. Never have I experienced this with any other person from the fraternity of Indian film music. Having said this, I am reminded by an incident that happened 2 years back.

During one of his recordings for an yet to be released movie project, the topic of Sangeetham Sandhosham came up. Shri. MSV wanted to know if that monumental work of a gazal album could be re-released as the earlier release didn't meet with any success. The lyricist Kamakotian who was present at that time informed me that the complete rights was vested with HMV and that a re-release could face a hurdle.

Shri. MSV who was listening to this came up with a comment that we were all bowled over with.......Ippadi seyyalaama......HMV rights avanga kitteye irukattum.....Naan intha albathikirku fresha ella tunum pottu puthusa recording panni release pannalaam......Just imagine the confidence of this wonder, who's ready to re-tune the entire sequence with a fresh mind and I am sure that could have come out in a totally new avatar.....I had tears in my eyes but had to blame myself for.....here's a creator who's longing for an opportunity to serve the cause of music and pathetically there are no takers. Can we all unite under one roof, collect whatever we can & re-do this album?????

Are fellow MSVians ready for this cause???? If the answer is yes, then I will moot the idea to our Master and carry it forward........

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: How to Register Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy,
Extremely heartening to hear the very proposal of launching a new piece of Gazal by collective endeavour. I do not visualize any better opportunity for us to unite for a cause of the kind you are mooting. If I am not mistaken for being over enthusiastic, may I suggest the project should make a good pay to MSV whatever the recording company is. The real difficulty with sale royalties are the profit makers keep telling the makers that the venture has not financially fetched any big returns.There are just no ways of ascertaining truth. THAT IS WHY I SUGGEST THAT we can make our liberal contribution and which ever company bids for marketing, let them pay a lump sum to MSV. Otherwise these looters would take the quality work for a song and take all for a ride. Please do not mistake me as sounding pessimistic.
Certainly I am willing to contribute once the details are worked out.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SURE SURE .... VAIDY PROCEED ... WE ARE ALL WITH U
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea. I can contribute whatever that is possible within my limits (FYI, I am in the process of getting my second daughter married). As suggested by Prof, we can decide once the details are worked out.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,
I am ok with this. Let us try to explore. Also I have one idea. Is it possible for us to moot the idea to MSV to tune from Sangam literature or Silapadhigaram which have many musical treaties in it. The idea is these can be orchestrated in the old way of having the instrument like Yazh, Kuzhal etc. Remember MSV tried to do a movie with G V Iyer but could not materialize.
Can we moot this idea ti him. I can pick the relevant portion. Funds can be tried with Ulaga Thamizh Aaarachi Niruvanam which is a government body. MSV can approach JJ in this regard.

N Y Murali
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU ALL Reply with quote

Dear All,

Thank you for your immediate response. As Prof. Raman has opined, it is always a tough task ahead when it comes to financials. I will meet MSV and put forth the idea and also talk to Shruthilaya (as Krishnan is known to me personally) & get the necessary details. Murali, we will approach one project at a time. MSV very strongly felt that "Sangeetham Santhosham" wasn't received well and he will only be too happy to do it again. We will keep your thoughts also in the pipeline & wait for the right opportunity to put it up to him.

Regarding the contribution of members, we will only accept cheques drawn in favour of msvtimes.com (as we already have this account running with SBT, R.A. Puram Branch, maintained by Ramki) and we can always work out a date from which the money for the new project is collected & start accounting from then). I have no clue as to what will be the budget as of now but will certainly work it out with MSV & share the info with you all. Please wait until then....

MSV ians....TIME TO UNITE FOR A CAUSE....

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,

You can count on my support. Big thrust on marketing should be there and for the same cost have to be factored. I consider this an worthy cause and iam sure many Mellasai mannar fans will raise to the occasion.
RENGASAMY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU ALL Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy

We are all there with you. Pl go ahead. We will give all kind of support for this project for our MM.

regards
KRS.
vaidymsv wrote:
Dear All,

Thank you for your immediate response. As Prof. Raman has opined, it is always a tough task ahead when it comes to financials. I will meet MSV and put forth the idea and also talk to Shruthilaya (as Krishnan is known to me personally) & get the necessary details. Murali, we will approach one project at a time. MSV very strongly felt that "Sangeetham Santhosham" wasn't received well and he will only be too happy to do it again. We will keep your thoughts also in the pipeline & wait for the right opportunity to put it up to him.

Regarding the contribution of members, we will only accept cheques drawn in favour of msvtimes.com (as we already have this account running with SBT, R.A. Puram Branch, maintained by Ramki) and we can always work out a date from which the money for the new project is collected & start accounting from then). I have no clue as to what will be the budget as of now but will certainly work it out with MSV & share the info with you all. Please wait until then....

MSV ians....TIME TO UNITE FOR A CAUSE....

CHEERS

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: