"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ellorum Nalam Vazha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Ellorum Nalam Vazha Reply with quote

Shri MSV, in more than in one interview has said Composing Ellorum Nalam Vazha was highly challenging. He also laid stress that this number, being the most difficult among his works.

Volatile swings, is very distinctively heard in this song. Why the master composer has called the song challenging and most difficlut among his works?

Murali, Vatasan, Srs and others can throw some light, on the probable reasons for Shri Msv to call it daunting.

Wishing all of you Happy Deepavali.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
I am also at pains to understand why MSV said that he struggled to churn out this melody. May be the correct word you have used 'Volatile swings' could be one reason which I suppose. The notes that flow through in this songs is fast paced. He would have probably faced difficulties for ensuring the notes flow for that speed.

However it is very difficult to decide why he said so. Shall play the song and capture the movements of keys which may through some light.

HAPPY DEEPAVALI TO ALL.

N Y Murali
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: DAUNTING FOR OTHERS, NOT FOR MSV Reply with quote

Dear All,

One of the reasons for Shri. MSV to have come with this remark could be due to the fact that this song was pitted against the original version from Brahmachari. Little do the Indians living in that part of our country realise that, here's a man who could churn out melodies by just laying HIS fingers on the harmonium and the rest is naturally history.

Once when I was talking about Sivakamiyin Selvan work, he uttered saying that he was really tensed to whether the South could accept his work as again this song was pitted against Aaradhana. I flatly disagreed with him and yelled...your work has no comparison and for Gods' sake please don't ever say it again. Shri. MSV always has this feeling inside that they are more superior. But, as rasikas we know to when extent Shri. MSV's music has done wonders to all of us. This is one of the reasons for this industry not to recognise him at the National level as he has never marketed / lobbied in his life while those who have been have done every bit of that at all levels. Shri. MSV is too simple a human being and he may not know his value....but we know who HE is and what his music can do to us.....

To us SHRI. SHRI. MSV forever will remain as the Greatest Creator of this millennium. Nothing can be more bigger than the place we have all given HIM in our hearts!!!

CHEERS TO THIS MUSICAL PHENOMENON!!!

WISH YOU ALL AN EXPLOSIVE, SAFE DEEPAVALI!!!

MSV IS MUSIC

VAIDYMSV

parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While talking about his composing music for Ninaiththathai Mudiththavan(in Rndrum MSV program), MSV mentioned that he was composing music with a fear because his compositions would be compared with the songs of the original Hindi film.

Perhaps MASV had this kind of feeling for composing music for Hindi film remakes in general. These are not misapprehensions since I have heard a lot of sweeping observations by my friends and others that the Tamil songs (of MSV and others) could never match the standard of the Hindi songs of the original film.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Articles and writings Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Though some specific views have been called in, I hope my observations would not jeopardize the prospect of understanding the legend for all his intricacies. To me the basic issues are as under.

Movie makers rest on the success of some theme and remake it in their language. So, the first version happens to be a 'bench mark' against which all later works[ even if of superiority] stand uncharitable comparison. MSV is fully aware of the aversion in towing a line already drawn. That is why he is nervous.

MSV -not being an adept speaker ,plainly uses the term 'challenge' to convey the idea that he had to work within a predetermined ambit. Any music work per se can never challenge the calibre of MSV.

As regards the apprehensions of some work of MSV being 'accepted' in the light of some Hindi hits, my polite submission is :

How many times have the Hindi MDs managed to match [leave alone surpassing ] the works of MSV when Tamil films were remade in Hindi.

What Naushadji said when he had to compose for the movie 'Saathi'?

Where are the competitor numbers for Nenjil ore aalayam, Kadhalikka neramillai, Sivandha mann, and a host of others?

The truth is MSV right away challenges and there are literally no challenges /challengers to him. Perhaps he feels it challenging to repeat what someone had already done.

In fact when Tamil movies were remade from Hindi there was a preferred MD who simply imitated the original including for its orchestration and there was the ready-reckoner Kannadasan who could coin exact phrases that would embrace the tune with 100% fidelity.[ For reasons of decency I hold the MD's name back].

For creators, making something resembling a pale original is certainly challenging. This is what MSV means.

Pardon my inquisitive intervention though only some specific views have been avidly invited.
Hope my understanding is acceptable.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Articles & Writings by Fans! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: