"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BIRTH OF A GREAT MELODY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: BIRTH OF A GREAT MELODY Reply with quote

Dear All,

I am really blessed to upload one of the greatest videos of the Emperor of Melodies in action. This composing was done at the residence of the eldest daughter of Shri. MSV about 4 years back. This was also the first song that was composed for the movie Vaaliban Sutrum Ulagam.

Look at the way how the Creator is literally rolling out an absolute melody literally drawn from an abstract. Incidentally, this happened to be the first composing session Shri. MSV sat for after his successful by-pass heart surgery. As I was shooting, MSV turned and looked at me and this was the moment I felt I was very truly Blessed by the Divine.

As the composing heated up, Shri. MSV stunned everyone by singing in a very high pitch inviting the attention of the worried lyricist Shri. Vaali…Listen to his utterences….What was not clearly audible in the video was MSV’s reaction which I vividly remember. “Enna Kavignar Iyya, neenga paatukku ezhudhiduveenga, aana naan paadakoodathunnu sonna eppadi”.

I had to hold my tears at this juncture as Shri. MSV, in spite of his major surgery gave his 200 % effort which normally he does under normal circumstances. Here’s a Creator who knows only to roll out melodies to capture our hearts instantly. I hope you all like this. Many more to follow soon….

Here's the youtube link...enjoy

http://youtu.be/7YXaTWVfQZI

LONG LIVE THE MASTER CREATOR SHRI. MSV!!!

Cheers
MSV IS MUSIC!!!
VAIDYMSV

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy,
Thanks For the upload. To understand with the final output I am giving below the link

http://youtu.be/8ZxUeL6cAU0

Shall post in detail latter.

N Y Murali
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vaidy,

Thanks for the video clipping of the "Valiban Sutrum Ulagam" song recording. I really enjoyed Kavingar Vaali's comment "ஆபரேஷன் முக்கியம் இல்லை ஒங்க கோஆபரேஷன்தான் முக்கியம்".

We await more.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy,
The video you have posted is worth million for the people to who wants to understand how MSV churns out the melodies. The reason is that you have manged to get his fingers playing on the instrument which is very vital.

Just see the video for the first 0.15 seconds. He is holding his fingers on the F Major and even without moving any fingers you could hear the melody of the first line (naan theiva thaai petra pillai) coming out of the instrument. You can clearly sense the melody two times first 0 to 0.07 and second time on the higher pitch from 0.07 to 0.15. And there he goes vocally from 0.15 onward.

The beauty of the melody of the first line is that the base of the melody is in the same F major (F-A-C). SA-GA2-PA

The first line he lands at note C (F major)

The second line he land at note A(F major)

The third line he lands at note F on high pitch ( F major)

The fourth line he lands at note D (I think the chord is either D minor or B flat major. I am not sure since I do not have the audio for the third line and fourth line).

I have also uploaded the Trailer video for comparing the composition and the final output for the two lines of the pallavi.

Thanks again Vaidy. This video gives a lot of insight for understanding MSV's compositions.

the lyric of the pallavi is

Naan deiva thaai petra pillai
kanchi thalaivan nizhalil thamizhai katra pillai
netru indru naalai endru ooorukku uzhaippavan naan
endrum ninathadai mudippavan naan naan naan...

N Y Murali

Last edited by N Y MURALI on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the video link for the 3rs and the 4th line

http://youtu.be/pag3tGgzUYQ

N Y Murali
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: VIDEOS OF A LIFE TIME INDEED!!! Reply with quote

Dear Murali,

That was a brilliant piece of information you have revealed on the finger movements of the Emperor of Melodies. I must actually thank Vatsan for, it was he who taught me how to watch our Legend's playing prowess on the harmonium.... It was from that moment I very closely started capturing the movements of HIS fingers and most of my videos to be uploaded will certainly enlighten this world as most of my shots were literally focused on the harmonium only....What a treat to watch this greatest creator of all times unleash a volley of rarest of rare chords!!!!

Though we all attended the launch of the movie at AVM, I happened to watch the promo short film of VSU for the very first time. My next upload will be from the Kothandapani studio where the song was actually recorded and with the Legend on the consoles of the mixer, it's going to be a treat all the way......Please do wait till then.

Signing off for now.....

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy,

Unwilling to rest on his laurels, the Master continues his great work. To come back after by-pass surgery and perfrom high creative work, is astonishing. Vaidy sir, you are truely blessed as you had watched live the proceedings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: