"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr.Venugopalan Sounderrajan touches 300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Ranks and Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Mr.Venugopalan Sounderrajan touches 300 Reply with quote

Dear Venu ji,

I know you are not just a fan but a devoted worshipper of MSV and music flows through you to your daughter also.

May we have some updates about your Daughter's progress in music pls. I remember she reaching the final rounds of several competetive programmes.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Balaji,

I never noticed that I have reached the 300 mark. Many thanks for bringing it to my notice and also for your good wishes.

You are absolutely correct, I am not just a fan of the great MSV but a "தீவிர பக்தன்" of the "சங்கீதக் கடவுள்" for almost the last 55 years. I had resided very close to his house on Santhome High Road in my schooling days. During those days, I used to stand outside my house in early mornings to have a glimpse of the Legend travelling in his mammoth blue Cheverolet Car. I was lucky to attend many of his programmes at Raja Annamali Hall, University Centenary Hall, etc. In 1978, I moved to Bombay and remained there till end 2009 before moving back to Madras after my retirement.

Yes, my second daughter Mathangi is also a hardcore fan of MSV. You are right, she used to travel to Chennai all the way from Mumbai to participate in singing competitions. She was the winner in SPB's "என்னோடு பாட்டு பாடுங்கள்" (season-3, solo rounds) and got high praises from SPB in each round. Then, she was the Runner-up in the "அதிரடி Singer" competition on Sun TV in 2009.

In 2009, she had specifically travelled to Chennai to participate in the "Rasigan" programme Special Episodes (3 episodes - 49,50 & 51) on MSV on Kalaignar TV (many of our MSV Times friends like Mr Sabesan, Mr NY Murali and others had also participated in these episodes). She sang "மாலைப் பொழுதின் மயக்கத்திலே" in that programme and had the honour of singing it in front of MSV at his residence and got his compliments and blessings.

She was a contestant in the Super Singer-3 on Vijay TV and reached the final 15, before getting eliminated which raised many eyebrows and all her co-contestants fought for her, questioning the judges how she was being eliminated as that was the first time she went in to the danger zone. The judges could not come out with a proper answer, but stuck to the elimination.

Before all the above, she had given a one-hour interview on Raj TV's "குயில் பாட்டு", where she sang 9 songs, many of them MSV's compositions. In that prog, to a question as to whom she admires most, she had no hesitation is answering "Mellisai Mannar MSV".

Mathangi is now busy singing in many stage-shows. My only wish is that she should sing at least one song in a movie under MSV's music.

Here's the link to the song "இயற்கை என்னும் இளைய கன்னி" which my daughter sang with the great SPB after winning the final in EPP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=8RRSeFJf5J8

Thanks for the opportunity. Pls excuse me if I have bored you with a long mail.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venu ji,

Pleased to note the progress of Ms.Mathangi.May God bless her with the best of the opportunities in life and we wish that soon , she gets a chance to sing for our Master's composition. Very Happy

I remember in one of the programmes, Mathangi was casually taking a tumbler of water during a brief pause and swiftly came back to sing the remaining piece very efficiently !! Her relaxed singing will definitely take her forward in life.....

Wish to know few things.....During competition, is the choice of songs , the wish of Mathangi ( or any participant ) or the Judges panel ?

My request....pls ask her to try the song Sugam Sugam adhu thunbamana inbamanadhu......, also Thanilavu theniraikka.....oru naa iravil kann urakkam pidikkavillai etc...soft melodies

I mean, there are many songs of MSV which one can catch the audience / Judges by surprise....rare forgotten melodies....

best rgds
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shri Venu,
Congrats. Please continue your posting. We enjoy every bit of your writings

N Y Murali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot M/s SRS, Balaji and Murali for your good wishes. Many thanks for your compliments and good wishes for my daughter too. She conveys her thanks to you all for the same.

I will try my best to continue contributing to the Forum, to spread the greatness and fame of our Master. I am leaving tonight to Mumbai for about 5-6 days, accompanying my daughter for her singing show there. Hence, will not be able to write during this period.

Mr Balaji, your reference of Mathangi sipping water and then continuing her singing was during the Finals of "Athiradi Singer". Regarding song selection, though the contestants are asked to give their choice (3-4 nos), ultimtely it is the decision of the organizers (not the judges) and in most cases they ask the contestant not to select very old songs!! Thanks for the songs suggestion. In fact, one of Mathangi's most favourite songs is "Oru Naal Iravil", which she wanted to sing in one of the episodes of SS but unfortunately did not get the opportunity.

Once again, thanks every one for your kind words and encouragement.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VENU Sir,
CONGRATS FOR THE SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENT IN REACHING 300. LET THIS GROW IN MULTIPLES AND AS MUCH AS OUR KNOWLEDGE ON MSV FROM YOU.
Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venu sir,
Many congrats on the triple century mark. Wish always to read wonderful writings from your side as ever.

It is a pleasant surprise to know about your daughter's performances and feel very happy for her great good fortune to sing MM's songs on stages and even before MM himself! What more can a growing singer and her father aspire for!! You are very lucky Sir! I have seen the performances of your daughter too on a couple of occassions without knowing this background. My wishes to her.
Regards,
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Ranks and promotions Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu Sounder,
Nice to note of your triple ton. Keep going with all that inspires you about MM. With so many prolific writers as thyself, I deem it fit to stay relegated. On occasions I let myself loose and start writing. I am curbing that instinct in the larger interest of the forum.

Certainly no harm would be done by appreciating some one for his / her contribution. May God bless you with all that is good for enlightening us of your perceptions of MM.
Convey my sincere wishes to your daughter for her progression in her endeavour. Best wishes.

Warm regards K. Raman Madurai
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu Soundar,

My hearty congrats on your triple century. You are one among the select few who are able to transcribe your passions in your postings. I am glad that you have become active after fairly a long gap.

I have watched Mathangi's performances several times but it did not strike me that she was your daughter though you have written about her earlier (about her singing in presence of MSV at his residence etc.) The inputs provided by you strengthen my suspicion that the Super Singer show is controlled by some unseen hand from behind and that the judges are not entirely free to act on their own. (Not that they would be judging objectively, even if allowed to!) I think even the voting figures for selecting the winner may be manipulated since there is no transparency in the process and the figures are read out by the comperes.

My best wishes to your daughter.

I await the opportunity to greet you on your 4th century before long.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Mathangi and I are overwhelmed by all your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. We convey our sincere thanks to each and everyone of you. With your good wishes and blessings, I hope my daughter will climb greater heights in the singing field and will get the opportunity to sing a song under our Master's music. Thanks a lot once again.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Ranks and Promotions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: