"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unforgettable Compositions of MSV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, its time to listen to two incredible numbers magnificently composed by our Master with PBS & PS. In both the songs, the violins usage is splendid.

The first one is "பார்த்துப் பார்த்து நின்றதிலே பார்வை இழந்தேன்" from the film மணப் பந்தல். The masterpiece in the song is the guitar piece clubbed with clapping. Here is the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5TGFfGa7wU&feature=related

The second one is "நெஞ்சத்தில் இருப்பது என்ன என்ன" from வாழ்க்கை வாழ்வதற்கே. Listen to the terrific violins usage before the charanam எண்ணம் பொன்னாக. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baNwe5JdGZ0&feature=related

I am sure you would love to hear both the songs again and again and again.

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While referring to "மணப் பந்தல்", I recollected the movie "கெளரி கல்யாணம்". All the songs of the movie viz. ஒருவர் மனதை ஒருவர் அறிய, வரணும் வரணும் மகாராணி, திருப்புழைப் பாடப் பாட, were great hits. But few people will be aware of the best number of the movie "தொட்டது போலே கனவு கண்டேன் தூக்கக் கலக்கமா", wonderfully song by P.Suseela (again after drinking a bottle of honey, I presume). This song has never been heard/seen on any Radio/TV channels. It is simply an outstanding composition by MSV and even if you listen to it a 100 times, you would love to hear it again and again.

Please click on the link for the songs of "கெளரி கல்யாணம்" and first listen to "தொட்டது போலே கனவு கண்டேன் தூக்கக் கலக்கமா".

http://www.inbaminge.com/t/g/Gowri%20Kalyanam/

I would love to receive your feedback on this song.

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While referring to "மணப் பந்தல்", I recollected the movie "கெளரி கல்யாணம்". All the songs of the movie viz. ஒருவர் மனதை ஒருவர் அறிய, வரணும் வரணும் மகாராணி, திருப்புழைப் பாடப் பாட, were great hits. But few people will be aware of the best number of the movie "தொட்டது போலே கனவு கண்டேன் தூக்கக் கலக்கமா", wonderfully song by P.Suseela (again after drinking a bottle of honey, I presume). This song has never been heard/seen on any Radio/TV channels. It is simply an outstanding composition by MSV and even if you listen to it a 100 times, you would love to hear it again and again.

Please click on the link for the songs of "கெளரி கல்யாணம்" and first listen to "தொட்டது போலே கனவு கண்டேன் தூக்கக் கலக்கமா".

http://www.inbaminge.com/t/g/Gowri%20Kalyanam/

I would love to receive your feedback on this song.

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am returning to this thread after exactly a year's gap. Let me present to you an amazing LRE number "நான் சொல்லித்தர என்ன உள்ளதோ" from the MGR movie "சங்கே முழங்கு". As we all know, whenever a Hindi movie is remade in Tamil, despite the producers' demand to copy the Hindi songs as it is, MSV never agreed to do so. Instead he composed songs in his own and a totally different style, and only for some of the songs he composed in similar style as the Hindi numbers, but ensuring that there is not even a semblance of copying.

Similarly, for "நான் சொல்லித்தர..." too, the producers and the Director of the movie Pa.Neelakantan wanted MSV to copy the number "Aa Jaane Jaan" from the movie "Inteqam", especially since they were filming the song with Helen who has danced for the Hindi number too. But, as usual MSV strictly refused but composed a different number slightly matching the Hindi song.

When it comes to Club Songs, it is அல்வா சாப்பிடறது மாதிரி for MSV and how amazingly he has composed the song using Piano, Trumpets, Trambones, Accordian, Violins, Guitar, not to speak about the percussion section. Also, MSV always relishes using the Flute in club dance numbers and he has done it in this case too. For reasons unknown, this song is never played on the Radio and TV. Please watch, listen and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-yo7X5tiqA

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Vatsan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Resp. Reply with quote

Thanks Venu for posting this great number !!!! What a composition and what perfect and optimum usage of instruments. I have always wondered about this song being a improvised derivative of the "inteqam" number you have mentioned. Now I know the true reason for the similarity. After the Producer's coercion MSV has picked up the most enticing part of the L-P number, the piano whamping, the chords sequence that rise and descend and undulates. MSV had already been inspired by the Hindi number's chord progession style and had implemented it in "muthhAna oorvOlamO" by LRE in annaiyum pithAvum. Thanks once again for this wonder number !!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback Mr Vatsan.

Please listen to another incredible composition of our Master, a seductive number "நீராட நேரம் நல்ல நேரம்" from the Sridhar film, Sivaji starrer "வைர நெஞ்சம்". What a composition and what a wonderful use of the instruments - the best being the "Muted Trumpet" (about which Mr Thomas spoke in last year's anniversary function). Even a person who has not watched the movie (why, even a non-Tamilian) will make out by hearing the song that some suspense is involved in the song sequence. And what a voice choice for the song - PS or LRE would not have been as apt as VJ for this number. Awesome rendition by Vani Jayaram.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3QOrOmLgYk

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback Mr Vatsan.

Please listen to another incredible composition of our Master, a seductive number "நீராட நேரம் நல்ல நேரம்" from the Sridhar film, Sivaji starrer "வைர நெஞ்சம்". What a composition and what a wonderful use of the instruments - the best being the "Muted Trumpet" (about which Mr Thomas spoke in last year's anniversary function). Even a person who has not watched the movie (why, even a non-Tamilian) will make out by hearing the song that some suspense is involved in the song sequence. And what a voice choice for the song - PS or LRE would not have been as apt as VJ for this number. Awesome rendition by Vani Jayaram.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3QOrOmLgYk

Regards,
Venu Soundar
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'malligaippoo vaangi vandheyn' from paal Kudam is an amazing composition.

Thanks Mr. Venugopal for bringing this song into the limelight.

The dynamics of this song deserve a detailed analysis and research. I have not seen the film so I don't know the context of this song. It appears to be part of a stage play that's shown in the film. But the amazing tune in an unusual tone, the interplay of dialogues, simple but highly effective orchestration and even the villainous laughter that comes in the middle all combine to give this song a unique characteristic.

Vaali excels in the final lines

பனித்துளியின் வாசமெல்லாம் சில நேரம் என்றாலும்
கதிர் வந்து முத்தமிடக் காத்திருக்கும் எந்நாளும்
and in his inimitable oxymoron உனை ஆளும் பெண்ணடிமை in the final line
இப்படிக்கு உன் அடிமை, உனை ஆளும் பெண்ணடிமை!

I don't understand why this song has not received much attention even in our forum (unless I have missed a discussion on this.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr Rengaswamy. All the songs of "Paal Kudam" are outstanding compositions, links for which I have provided in this thread.

Now, let’s listen to another superb club dance number மின்மினிப் பூச்சிகள் கண்களில் தென்படும் from the movie பாரத விலாஸ்.

Whenever MSV was to compose a club dance song, the Brass section used to jump with joy as the Master will make optimum use of them. It is no different in this song either. What a composition? The terrific trumpet pieces are played by Mr Dass, father of Trumpet Thomas. Also, look at the usage of Santoor in a club dance number (like he used தவில் in அதிசய உலகம் from கௌரவம்). Only MSV can do it.

I am giving below links to Audio of the song (as in the gramophone record) as well as the video clipping of the actual song from the movie. If you observe, the lilting opening flute piece followed by the haunting humming are missing in the movie. Please listen, watch and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83pwr6VuMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbV_rXV2tCI

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's shift our attention from club dance songs to a classical dance song - வெட்கமாய் இருக்குதடி from பார் மகளே பார். What an outstanding composition?

When it comes to classical numbers, MSV composes at a brisk pace as he has done in முகததில் முகம் பார்க்கலாம் (தங்கப் பதுமை), ஆடாத மனமும் உண்டோ (மன்னாதி மன்னன்), மனமே முருகனின் மயில் வாகனம் (மோட்டார் சுந்தரம் பிள்ளை), அழகன் முருகனிடம் (பஞ்ச வர்ணக் கிளி), மாதாவிப் பொன் மயிலாள் (இரு மலர்கள்), to name a few. In this case too, look at the speed.

And again M S Raju has done the konnakkol for M R Radha in an amazing manner the same way he did in நீயே உனக்கு என்றும் from பலே பாண்டியா. As always, M R Radha has done a wonderful job. Please watch, listen and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY825gGQ9wQ

Regards,
Venu Soundar
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venu ji,

Vetkamai irrukudhadi is basically a Kalyani raga based composition and thats why you could hear a splendid melody there ! Many thanks for unearthing this great song lost or jammed between Madura nagaril thamiz sangam and Paar magale paar .

The movie's other songs are too too good and unfortunately this one is not being discussed at all Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr Balaji & Mr Shankar for your views.

Mr Shankar, what Mr Balaji meant was that வெட்கமாய் இருக்குதடி did not get its due recognition and got submerged by the other super hits of பார் மகளே பார். I think he is right as many (from the common public) are not aware of this great number and that’s the very reason I decided to present it in this thread.

Here I would like to present a great composition of our Master in Hamir Kalyani ragam - "என்னுயிர் தோழி" from கர்ணன். I don't think there is any need to write anything further about this song. Let's watch, listen and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON5Wh1WuAH0

Regards,
Venu Soundar
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always felt that Vetkamay irukkudhadi is more enjoyable than the popular Kalyani song Mannavan vandhaanadi, KMV's masterpiece.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shankar / Venu / Parthavi,

Undoubtedly PMP is one of the best album of the duo .

Can you imagine ENNAI THOTTU SENDRANA KANGAL didnt even feature in th e movie but still was/ is a super hit ! there is a waltz type compo structured by the Masters Very Happy Accordion and Violin will swing like a symphony ...

Coming back to Vetakamai irukkudhadi .... a nice situation for the 2 children performing bharatanatyam before their Mother Sowcar and Guru M.R.Radha.

On Kalyani raga, even for a train journey situation ( Chithirai maadham pournami neram ) , MSV can set to this raga! Thats his class no !!
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Parthavi Sir,

Mannavan vandhanadi ....... Once Mr.Madurai T.N.Mani when he met the great G.Ramanathan, he had expressed his feeling that Sindhanai sei maname probably is the ultimate in Kalyani...

to this, GR countered immediately that Mannavan vandhanadi , according to him ranks better !! Reason could be that the song has Jathi, swara play, a wholesome package .....

May be MSV would have wished to compose something as good as Mannavan and hence the Karahapriya Madhavi pon mayilal ....the pattern will be very much similar with TMS roaring with his ever majestic voice !

Great men they are with a healthy competition and mutual admiration of others skills...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: