"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unforgettable Compositions of MSV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V Sivasankaran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venu Sir,

Malar edhu is a great number. Sangathis of the song is very dynamic and scope for innovation is quite high, when MM works with Cvs. I understand IR had played organ for this song as the regular player was unavailable. Will someone give more info on this matter?

V Sivasankaran
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR mentioned his experience about this song recording in a write up which was released along with MSV's biography.

He mentioned he went early and Joseph Krishna told him that he can play the notes whatever was possible for him and he would adjust with Piano which IR did not relish.

He mentioned that MSV came at 9.00 am and with in 30 minutes the entire BGM was composed and he gave too much some of them had to be removed.

Sridhar came and the rehearsal was approved and it was recorded before 2 pm lunch time.

He also mentioned that he was awe stuck with the speed which MSV composed and narrated this incident to GKV.

GKV told him that the God Father of Film Music Naushad had himself mentioned about the speed of MSV's composing and recording.

N Y Murali
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Rare songs of MSV Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sivasankaran,
The song from "avaLukkendru oru manam''- 'malar edhu en kaNgaL thAn endru solvEnadi' by PS is a masterpiece by MSV. CVS quickly brings a song in a movie as his stamp in holding the audience. This swimming pool number has several instrumental nuances the like of which can be recognized in 'jillendru kAtru vandhadhO'. The orchestral patterns aptly suit the occasion indicating that MSV has special treatments for specific occasions.

The song of 1973 [AOM] indeed had the services of IR who was working with GK Venkatesh's music troupe. After recording, IR was taken aback by the speed of MSV as the whole song including that of IR's component on Trumbone was over in 30 minutes.

When IR expressed his awe to GKV, a cool GKV asked 'don't you know that he [MSV] is among the best in the country?'; [instant implication being that MSV can do it must faster too]. This what IR recalled in one of his TV interviews.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: CORRECTION Reply with quote

Dear All,

Like to clarify to all of you that IR played Combo Organ and not Trombone (belongs to the Brass family of instruments) as mentioned by Prof. Raman. This also happened to be the first appearance for IR in the grand orchestra of Shri. MSV.

Cheers

MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDYMSV
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's listen to two lovely numbers especially composed for LRE by MSV. The first one is "கண்களுக்கென்ன காவலில்லையோ" from the film "நில் கவனி காதலி". What an orchestration? During MSV's stage shows in early 70s, this song used to be performed as the opening number in instrumental format. Please watch/listen and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEGpKF8saTw

The next one is "நினைத்தேன் என்னை அழைத்தேன் உன்னை" from "தங்கை ". Strangely, this song was never broadcast on Radio in those days and even today I have not come across this song in any of the TV channels. Please watch/listen and enjoy (unfortunately the audio quality is not all that good):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SSV_WfNG7I

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time to listen to couple of more most melodious compositions of our Master, this time involving P.Suseela and SPB.

The first one is "கேட்டதெல்லாம் நான் தருவேன" from the film "திக்கு தெரியாத காட்டில்;". What an amazing melody? I feel like listening to it again and again and again. Look at the unusual usage of Sarangi in the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUL2WtZS7c&feature=related

The second one is "ஓடம் கடலோரம்" from the movie "பணத்துக்காக". Again a very pleasing melody with wonderful orchestration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwytK0ZhS_0&feature=related

Please watch/listen and enjoy.

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to mention in my earlier posting. Both the songs begin with haunting humming with the Master himself doing the humming in the "Odam" song.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
RENGASAMY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venu Soundar

Both are Excellent songs. Only our MM can compose this kind of songs. The first one is my favorite song and every day I use to listen and enjoy . The second one which I was searching for long time. I could not remember the movie name. now I got it and saved this songs in my track. Thank you very much.

Regards
KRS (K.Rengasamy)

Venugopalan Soundararajan wrote:
It's time to listen to couple of more most melodious compositions of our Master, this time involving P.Suseela and SPB.

The first one is "கேட்டதெல்லாம் நான் தருவேன" from the film "திக்கு தெரியாத காட்டில்;". What an amazing melody? I feel like listening to it again and again and again. Look at the unusual usage of Sarangi in the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUL2WtZS7c&feature=related

The second one is "ஓடம் கடலோரம்" from the movie "பணத்துக்காக". Again a very pleasing melody with wonderful orchestration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwytK0ZhS_0&feature=related

Please watch/listen and enjoy.

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome Mr KRS.

Today, let's listen to another soothing and most melodious composition of the Master - "சின்னஞ்சிருக்கிளியே கண்ணம்மா" from the film "நீதிக்கு தண்டனை". No one can compose this Bharathiar song in a more melodious manner than MSV. This was the first song of Swarnalatha. Please watch/listen and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLYIYMyqSE

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to mention one thing. Those who had not seen the movie, but only heard the song, would have got a bit puzzled at the intriguing first halves of the interlude music. But by seeing the video they would be amazed at how aptly MSV has composed the music.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
RENGASAMY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Venu sir. This song also one of my favorite song. I saw this movie more than 4-5 times because of MSV during that time. You know in 70/80s cinema slide was very famous. My self with 2 other friends all are MSV verians made a slide for MSV. We use to give this slide to Theatre operator to exhibit before the film starts. Some time during our Master's name displays in the screen. We use to give for all the films music scored by our master.

Really an excellent melody which no one can perform..

Thanks for your gift.

krs

You are most welcome Mr KRS.

Today, let's listen to another soothing and most melodious composition of the Master - "சின்னஞ்சிருக்கிளியே கண்ணம்மா" from the film "நீதிக்கு தண்டனை". No one can compose this Bharathiar song in a more melodious manner than MSV. This was the first song of Swarnalatha. Please watch/listen and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLYIYMyqSE

Regards,
Venu Soundar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my pleasure Mr KRS. Good to know about your displaying MSV slide in cinema theatres. May I know in which city/town you used to do this?

Please listen to two more wonderful melodies of our Master composed by him for another movie of the 80s "வசந்த ராகம்". The movie was a flop, but the songs were super hit.

The first one is a stage number - இதுவரை பாட்டைப் பிரிந்த பாடகநேனக்கு பல்லவி கிடைத்தது - peppy and pacy and beautifully sung by SPB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9I_q8As1J8

The second one is a soft, pleasing number "கண்ணன் மனம் என்னவோ கண்டு வா தென்றலே", sung by S Janaki:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqmTC0YfDbk

By listening to all these songs, you may notice that each song is totally different from the other. What a genius is MSV?

I am sure you will enjoy these two numbers.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venu,
'Chinnan chiru kiliye' is my favorite also. C R Subbaraman composed tune for this in classical style while his shishyan composed in light music style.
The guru has used the raga Kapi, maand and neelamani in the song. The sishya used harikambhoji,maand and neelamani but in light music version.

Of course not to forget about Late Swarnalatha for whom this was the first appearance.

N Y Murali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Murali for the "Raga" details of சின்னஞ்சிருக்கிளியே. In my posting, I have mentioned that it was the first song of Swarnalatha.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
RENGASAMY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You very much Mr. Venu Sounder. I am from Pudukkottai City. So I did when I was in Pudukkottai. I Saw this film 3- 4 times only for our master. Before this film, master has composed for 2 films from the same producer. "Nilave malare" and Kanne Kaniyamudhe . Excellent songs with different varities. Please listen this song from Kanne Kaniyamudhe " ninnaye rathi endru song which was sung by KJ Y/Chitra and lyrics by Vairamuthu and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch v=VxazVUBardM&feature=player_embedded

I am sure that you will enjoy this.

Regards
krs

It's my pleasure Mr KRS. Good to know about your displaying MSV slide in cinema theatres. May I know in which city/town you used to do this?

Please listen to two more wonderful melodies of our Master composed by him for another movie of the 80s "வசந்த ராகம்". The movie was a flop, but the songs were super hit.

The first one is a stage number - இதுவரை பாட்டைப் பிரிந்த பாடகநேனக்கு பல்லவி கிடைத்தது - peppy and pacy and beautifully sung by SPB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9I_q8As1J8

The second one is a soft, pleasing number "கண்ணன் மனம் என்னவோ கண்டு வா தென்றலே", sung by S Janaki:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqmTC0YfDbk

By listening to all these songs, you may notice that each song is totally different from the other. What a genius is MSV?

I am sure you will enjoy these two numbers.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: