"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THIRAI ISAI CHACRAVARTHY AWARD -A REQUEST TO CM
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: THIRAI ISAI CHACRAVARTHY AWARD -A REQUEST TO CM Reply with quote

dear all

i have written earlier that irrespective of whether MM gets padma award or not , we ,his fans should request Tamil nadu government to institute an award in his name as 'THIRAI ISAI CHAKRAVARTHY MELLISAI MANNAR MS VISWANATHAN AWARD , to be presented to the best music director of tamil film ,annually like awards in the name of mgr ,shivaji'

With JJ is keen to do amendments , i suggest ,this is the right time to take up with the Tamil nadu government .
one way all of us send a telegram , individually on a particular day to CM day ,in addition to representation ,

i would like to hear the response from all of you , to go forward
of course i would do keep trying what little i can to gather momentum .

await your response
parthavi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Thirai isai Chakravarthy may not be an appropriate title since it creates an impression of unintended competition or conflict with the title Thirai isaith Thilagam conferred on the late KMV. In any case, the title Mellisai Mannar conferred by Kavignar is more appropriate and more comprehensive because it recognizes the unique contribution made by MSV to Mellisai and the fact that MSV's musical feats are not confined to Thirai isai. I feel that the new title will not stick and MSV will remain and continue to be called Mellisai Mannar.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: How to register.. Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Rangaswami,
"Thirai Isai Chakravarthi'' does not attempt to compete with ''Thirai isaiththilagam" as much as Thirai isaiththilagam the person never attempted to compete with MSV.
On the contrary, some term bigger than 'mannar' was contemplated and naturally ''Chakravarthi'' holds a higher status. That way perhaps this title came about.
These are mere expressions of recognition -the richest form of which is the sustained patronage and popularity enjoyed by the compositions of a composer. No title can truly reflect the worthiness of Shri. MSV.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear parthavi,

all would agree with prof that no title would be befitting MM

the reason , why i would like to prefix TIC to MM , is its a new one , and that too given by Cm , so will have a mileage , when we go for instituting an award by Tamil nadu Govt

but i have not got a response to my suggestion , whether it would have a result if all of us send ,a telegram , independently on a given day .
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prof,
You have missed the import of the adjective "unintended" used by me.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

பார்த்தசாரதி கூறியதை நானும் அப்படியே ஏற்கிறேன். மெல்லிசை மன்னர் என்கிற பட்டம் அந்தக் காலத்தில் ஒரு ரசிகரால் முன் மொழியப் பட்டு திருவல்லிக்கேணி கல்சுரல் அகாடெமி நடத்திய விழாக் குழுவினரால் ஏற்கப் பட்டு நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசன் அவர்களால் வழங்கப்பட்டு கிட்டத் தட்ட 50 ஆண்டுகளாக புழக்கத்தில் இருந்து மக்கள் மனதில் ஆழமாக வேரூன்றியுள்ளது. ஒவ்வொரு பாமரனும் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் என்றால் எம் எஸ் வி என்று அடையாளம் காணும் அளவிற்கு பிரசித்தமான பட்டம். இத்தனை ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு புதியதாக ஒந்றை உருவாக்கி அதனை மக்கள் மத்தியில் பிரசித்தப் படுத்துவது என்பது எந்த அளவிற்கு சாத்தியமானது என்பது யோசிக்க வேண்டியதாகும். சிவாஜி கணேசன் அவர்களுக்கு பத்மஸ்ரீ, செவாலியே, பத்மவிபூஷண் என்றெல்லாம் விருதுகளும் பட்டங்களும் இருந்தாலும் ஒரு ரசிகர் அளித்த நடிகர் திலகம் என்ற பெயர் தான் சாஸ்வதமாக நின்று விட்டது. அதைப் போலத் தான் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் பட்டமும். என்னதான் வலியச் சென்று பிரச்சாரம் செய்தாலும் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் என்பது மக்களின் குடும்பத்தோடு ஐக்கியமாகி விட்ட ஒன்று. இதுவே என் தனிப்பட்ட கருத்தாகும்.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

நீங்கள் சொல்லுவது எனக்கு விளங்கவில்லை. நாம் அவ்வளவு பேரும் எம்.எஸ்.வி அவர்களுக்கு பத்மா அவார்டு கிடைக்கவில்லை என்று ஆதங்கப்படுகிறோம். ஆனால் ஒருவர் இந்த இசை மேதைக்கு ஒரு விருது கொடுத்தால், அதைப் பாரட்டாமல் அவர்க்கு இருக்கும் "மெல்லிசை மன்னர்" பட்டமே போதும், அதுவே பொருந்தும் என்று சொல்லுவது சரியாக எனக்குத் தோன்றவில்லை.

"மெல்லிசை மன்னர்" தான் எம்.எஸ்.விக்கு சரியானது என்றால், நாமே அவர்க்கு மன்னராகத் தான் அவர்க்கு தகுதி, சக்கரவர்த்தியாக தகுதியில்லை என்று சொல்வது போல் ஆகிவிடாதா?

இதை நாமேவா இந்த இணையதளத்தில் சொல்லுவது?
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: COLD STORAGE Reply with quote

Dear All,

Almost 6 years ago, when the first ever representation was sent to the then President Dr. APJ. Abdul Kalam, signed by me and by fellow MSVians for conferring the Bharath Ratna on Shri. MSV, nothing note worthy was done except the typical Government ritual of re-directing that appeal to the then DMK Government. Part of that appeal was also that in the event of the Government’s inability to confer this title, an award be instituted in the name of Shri. MSV, to honour young talents. Even this wasn’t considered for reasons best known to the powers that be. Since then it's been in the cold storage.

Now it is rather tooooooooooooooooo laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate and strange to rake up this demand again as I sincerely feel “an award delayed is an award denied”. The argument of “better late than never” neither holds good nor has any relevance here considering the enormous delay.

We had many Governments (literally born out of Tamil Film World) rule our State for the past 4 decades and nothing has been done except for some rumours making an occasional round every now and then creating a short lived excitement amongst us (which we have got used to unfortunately!!!). Now suddenly for someone to wake up and start doing things may not go well with Devotees of Shri. MSV as we always hold Shri. MSV on a pedestal beyond these awards / recognitions.

Moreover, the so called Padma awards have no meaning these days as this entire process revolves around hectic lobbying / recommendations (on many occasions these recommendations are sadly done by people who have no clue about the purpose at all) and this being the case, yet another re-run for this appeal will only be viewed as a political mileage than anything else.

Though the efforts of the Tamilnadu Chief Minister have to be lauded for organizing an event of this magnitude (the orchestra / singers / conductors lacked every sense including musical sense and made a mockery of the otherwise promising evening that day) and her extempore speech lashing at the delays on conferring the title on this long deserving, serving Creator par excellence. The least that is expected of the Government is to institute an award in his name and that too, the sooner the better.

The obvious question is, will the Government do it or let it slip into an eternal coma…………..well, let’s wait and watch.

Till then…….

What are you waiting for????? Go ahead and indulge in our Master’s Music for, he has not only created music for us but for generations to enjoy!!!

Cheers

MSV IS MUSIC!!!

VAIDYMSV

Last edited by vaidymsv on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: How to register.... Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
As Mr.Vaidy has rightly opined, reopening of the topic MSV-Padma awards causes more agony than solace in the sense that all MSV fans feel humiliated for such inept series of Politicians.
Though an award is an award, its denial to someone makes it more glaring; A] THE CANDIDATE DID NOT MANIPULATE SUPPORT B] The panelists do very little homework to choose the worthy ones on terms of pure merit.
That MSV has escaped the ignominy of lobbying as well as carrying an award far less to his stature must be viewed as blessing by Divinity.
That makes MSV genuinely taller by every reckoning.

Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Any creative efforts though it could have merit, requires PR work. But unfortunately the people close to MSV (His family as well as Well Wishers) have not understood the power of PR.
One may argue why should PR be done if the creative work is novel, timeless and instantaneous.
Why should Swami Vivekananda travel all the way from India to USA to deliver the famous speech in Chicago. Does Hinduism requires PR from Swami? But he understood the power of PR.
The MDs after MSV have understood this and right from the beginning started this work. Do not say they are having the kind of Technology like internet etc. They did with whatever the facilities that was best available to them.

At least some efforts have been made after the initiation of this site plus thanks to some TV channel. It is immaterial whether in the process, the TV channels would have made some business. But the bottom line is this has helped reviving MSV.

But if you compare the amount of PR work that has been done for other MDs these efforts are pee nut.

Unfortunately msvtimes has failed to even walk and is still crawling. It has utterly failed to be a large blog contributors and is struggling with handful of members. Is this the member list that is available in this site are representative of msv fans?

So don't blame only the authorities. In other MDs case the PR starts from top to bottom. In MSV's case it is bottom to top. In fact in some cases he was doing a negative PR like telling 'jananga award is enough for me and not janathibathi award'. The people concerned should have advised him to at least keep quite instead of passing these negative PR.

Yesterday I saw in The Hindu in which Sudha Raghunathan gave report about her experience about singing in Puzhal Jail. She said they all like MGR's songs and Ilayarajaja's songs. This is one instance where the individual being a musician herself talks. Like this there are many many instances. Did this kind of mental state got any thing do with lobbying?

No. This is the power of PR.

I say still it is not too late.(I don't mean Padma award) but PR. But people are not forthcoming.

N Y Murali
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear NYM,

A very thoughtful post Crying or Very sad For a man of MSV's stature and age, what else is left out to achieve or to gain recognition ?

By doing a PR, what mileage will he get ?

In yesteryears, the launch of a movie was publicised by projecting the hero/heroene mainly . Music though played a major part in the success of those movies, never did any movie poster or banner witnessed any big picture of the composer.

However, the world has changed now. Pre-launch promotional exercise is one of the major spendings that a producer does to reach out to public. One of the prelaunch aspect is LAUNCHING OF MUSIC ALBUMS...Here virtually there is a stage managed show with artificial praises on the songs, BGMs . The entire industry is invited and producers ensure that the movie and songs are well advertised . THere will be a news item in leading papers, youtube links, facebook coverage, speaking to media, twitter etc.This has become essential now .

I think we should not equate today's situation with MSV and PR. MSV is 82 plus and at this point,he needs to be active with energy and breathe music . Even for MSV himself, what satisfaction will he derive by getting a Padma Award ?? He has crossed all those days long before. Probably, if he had been at 60 plus, he may be would have appreciated such recognition and awards but not now.

After all, now a days, MSV's face is appearing in many channels .

The songs are being shown in almost all the channels regularly..

In competitive shows, only MSV and Ilayaraja songs are being sung regularly .

The recent Jaya TV honouring of the legend is probably the ultimate tribute to MSV with so many cine veterans present and the CM herself greeting them with well articulated speech. And still we are not contended with that programme and we only criticise the few shortcomings though they are not the fault of CM or those organisers who sincerely did something for MSV-TKR that evening .

If we compare MSV's position with someone like G.Ramanathan or KVM or any other great, definitely, MSV's name is more frequent in media.
Is there anyone to feel for GR or KVM today ?? And are they inferior to MSV in any way ?

What else do you all still expect ???

However , Mr.Murali, definitely our site is contributing a lot to MSV's music. Huge list of songs are available at good quality audio. The movie lists have been highlighted. Atleast there is a portal for MSV. Let us appreciate the fact that MSV is not a leading composer now and whatever that can be hosted in our site are all his past achievements which are plenty. If he had been a regular MD, one can discuss about current albums, quality of those songs and about the movie etc. These are possible only for a current composer like ARR or Harris etc. We are running a website of someone who was ruling music world some 30 years before..... However, if a young boy, by hearing the songs from the website, gets to know who is the composer, I feel that the website had made its contribution.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Balaji,
Thanks for your valuable post highlighting the priorities. I am not saying that we should do PR that it creates opportunity for MSV to get new movies or anything like that. What I am saying is that we have to change the situation among the musical personalities while they talk about different music directors. Just go to an audio shop and see how many CDs you will have Ilayaraja's name and compare with the CDs with MSV's name. All MSV's songs would be promoted as Sivaji songs or MGR songs and so on. This state of affair is the result of poor PR.

By the way MSV still says that he has lot of things to accomplish in music. Why only Cinema? Why can't MSV think of doing some album like 'Thematic tunes' which he did in 1970? So who will initiate these? Only MSV is it not?

He made an album called 'Sangeetham Santhosham' a Tamil Gazhal. But he says that it was not marketed properly? So a lack PR only!!!.

What about his Devaram and Thiruvasagam which he did in 2002? It got blown away in the Sunami of IRs Thiruvasagam.

How many of MSV fans themselves know about MSV's Devaram and Thiruvasagam.

I have been reading stories about how IR's Thiruvasagam was made in to a reality with excellent fans support and IRs shrewd approach. It is not a cinema but a life time work for him.

So does MSV not think on these lines to do some private once a life time project like this?

He still says he has not retired!!!!

He says he is still 22 years young.!!!

So for all these things you need PR.

N Y Murali
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Balaji,
To add few more words about our site. I am not saying that msvtimes has not done anything. The work is commendable. But is it enough?

You say we have some songs listed here so that youngsters can hear and enjoy the good work done by him. But these songs do not play with google chrome or firefox.

By the way how many number of songs we have in our site. Some thing around 500 out of his total around 3000. I myself is having around 2000 songs of him in my system and been begging the people concerned to upload these for the benefit of the fans.

I know at least few people who have mentioned that they could never write any post due to non availability of authorization.

Does this site belong only a few individuals like us?

N Y Murali.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
What N Y Murali feels is absolutely genuine. பூக்கடையே இருந்தாலும் விளம்பரம் செய்ய வேண்டிய காலம் இது. நாம் அவருடைய படைப்புகளுக்கு விளம்பரம் தேடவில்லை. அவருக்கு கிடைக்க வேண்டியா மரியாதையை செய்யத் தான் முயல்கிறோம் என்பதைத் தான் அவர் குறிப்பிடுகிறார். இனிமேல் மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்கு பட்டங்களும் பதவிகளும் வந்து ஒன்றும் ஆகப் போவதில்லை. ரசிகர்கள் நெஞ்சில் அவருக்கு இருக்கும் மரியாதையும் அன்பும் வேறு யாருக்கும் அந்த அளவிற்கு கிடைக்கப் போவதில்லை. ஆனால் ரசிகர்களின் அபிலாஷை உள்ளதல்லவா. நான் ஏற்கெனவே பல முறை கூறியுள்ளதுபோல், நம் இணைய தளத்தைத் தாண்டி எண்ணற்ற மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ரசிகர்களை சந்திக்கிறேன். அவர்கள் நம்மை விட - மன்னிக்கவும் - என்னை விட பற்பல மடங்கு அவருடைய படைப்புகளைத் தெரிந்தவர்கள். எல்லோருமே அவருடைய வாழ்நாளில் அரசு அங்கீகாரம் கிடைக்கவில்லையே என ஏங்கத் தான் செய்கிறார்கள். அதனை அரசாங்கம் செய்தால் அது அரசிற்குத் தான் பெருமையே தவிர மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்கு அல்ல. மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் காலத்தில் இசையை தெய்வமாய் மதித்தார்கள். இன்றோ அது ஒரு வர்த்தகமாகி விட்டது. மற்ற இசையமைப்பாளர்களின் பெயரில் இசைத் தட்டு நெடுந்தகடுகள் வெளியிடுவதைப் பற்றிக் குறிப்பிடப் பட்டது. மற்றவர்களுக்கு இசையமைப்பாளரின் பெயரைப் போட்டால் தான் மக்களுக்குத் தெரியும். ஆனால் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் அப்படியல்ல, ஒவ்வொரு பாடலும் மக்களுக்கு அத்துப் படி.

அவரைப் பற்றி நாம் பி ஆர் செய்ய வேண்டியதில்லை அல்லது செய்ய வேண்டும் என்பதை மேற்கண்ட விஷயங்களின் அடிப்படையில் அணுகினால் நம் நிலைப்பாடு விளங்கும்.

அன்புடன்
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

The main factor is that MSV never gets the due recognition from our own Tamil Film industry. I have written 5 years ago in this forum as to how MSV’s songs were categorized as MGR Hits, Sivaji Hits or TMS Hits, Suseela Hits, etc and never as MSV Hits. In his peak days, even the tape recorder did not exist and it was only the gramophone records, which was an expensive affair. May be, one in a ten thousand would have owned a gramophone record player in those days. People had to depend on Radio (particularly Radio Ceylon) to hear film songs and the quality used to be far inferior to what you hear today on FM. When, ultimately, the tape recorder and the audio cassetts came into existence in the 80’s, none of the cassetts containing the hits of MSV were categorized as MSV hits.

But for the Satellite TV Channels coming into existence from the 90s, MSV would never have got whatever little prominence that he gets today. These TV channels which telecast his hits every morning and night and show old movies during day time, most of which has the master’s music, have certainly helped in spreading MSV's fame.

Mr Balaji, you have mentioned about small photos of MSV appearing on the posters. But I have never seen his photo on any of the posters. Even his name used to appear in small fonts at the bottom of the posters along with the names of the lyricist, cinematographer, editor, etc. This was the kind of recognition that he was getting even in those days. In fact, there was a meet of Readers with MSV arranged by the magazine “Dinamani Kadhir” (Editor: Mr Savi) in 1973 or 74, where I was also one of those who could meet and interact with the legend. That time, I asked him about this poster matter, for which he replied “what can I do, you should question the producers”.

It is better not to talk about the current day. As I had mentioned in one of my recent postings, in TV reality shows on singing, the judges never bother to even make a mention of MSV’s name whenever his songs are sung by the contestants. At the same time, if a song of Ilayaraja or ARR is sung, praises are showered by the judges on those MDs. They go to the extent of saying “only this MD (i.e. IR or ARR) can compose this kind of a song” etc.

The Jaya TV felicitation was attended by so many film personalities only because it was basically arranged by the CM herself. The presence was mainly to respect the CM and not the Mellisai Mannargal. This was very evident when majority of them rushed out of the Nehru Indoor stadium immediately after the CM left the place!!! For those who are not aware, the CM was present for about an hour or so, whereas the programme went on for nearly 4 hours after she left.

The great KB spoke so much about MSV that day, but it was he who did not even stick to the signature song of Kavithalaya, sung by MSV.

When the above is the case with Tamil Nadu, how can we expect people sitting at the capital to recognize and honour our great MSV? But one thing, after all this, conferring of a Padma award on MSV will only be a disgrace for him. If at all the Indian Govt comes forward to honour our Master (which may never be a reality), it should be with the “Bharat Ratna” or at least the “Dadasaheb Phalke” award and nothing less .

Please excuse me if I have hurt anyone’s feelings, which is not intentional.

Long live MSV and his mesmerizing music, irrespective of the titles conferred on him.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: