"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thirumbi paarkiren on 15th April 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Thirumbi paarkiren on 15th April 2011 Reply with quote

Dear All,
I was casually browsing the channels in the evening today. I stopped for a moment at Jaya TV where some director (?) was speaking and narrating some events. All of a sudden, he broke into a different mood and mentioned about our MM. He spoke about his association as a junior director, and later as a main director for films like Manippayal, Idhayakkani, etc. He lavished praise on MM. He claimed that whoever cherished old songs and claimed they loved old songs were only liking MM's songs and nothing else! And briefly, the 'Inbame' song from Idhayakkani was telecast.
I did not have the patience to look for his name, as very rarely do the TV people display the names or their affiliations...Maybe some one would know who this person was. It was like a windfall to hear MM's name all of a sudden when hardly people care to mention. Hence, this posting.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Sai Saravanan
parthavi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be A. Jagannathan, who has directed a few films including Idhayakkani. I think MSV has scored the music for all his films.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. A.Jagannathan , in the 80s worked with Ilayaraja for movies like vellai roja, Garjanai etc.

I too dont remember AJ doing many movies with MM Rolling Eyes
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember A.Jagannathan directing only a few films. His films except Idhayakkani were of low profile and were not very successful. Manippayal and Idhayakkani are the two films (which were mentioned by Mr. Sai Saravanan) I remembered. Ii thought the few films that he directed were had music scored by MM.

I did not (do not) remember his directing Vellai roja and Garjanai, though i had watched both the films, the former in the theater and the latter probably in the TV.

I stand corrected.

talking about the greatness of MSV even after working with other MDs, something very few people do. Though his stature (in the film world) may be small, he stands tall by the way he revealed his integrity by being true to his heart.
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that the first line of the last para of my post was cut inadvertently while editing. It should read:

We should commend A.Jagannathan for talking about the greatness of MSV even after working with other MDs, something very few people do.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Sirs, we should sincerely acknowledge his sincerity in remembering our MM. Very few mention, many carefully avoid mention...some good souls remember and lavish praise...
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: TF HISTORY Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Director A.Jagannathan's stint in moviedom is quite old As early as 1960s he was an Asst.Director in AVM banner.To be precise he has worked for the evergreen 'veeraththirumagan', replete with megahits in a plethora of varities with no two songs sharing any semblance of a resemblance, By the way, Mr.A.J was one of the graduates in moviedom those days with few other exceptions like AC Tirulokchander, Gemini Ganesan and V.Gopalakrishnan to name some. No wonder AJ bathes in nostalgia of MM's calibre.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: