"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PBS - CHINNA CHINNA ROJA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: PBS - CHINNA CHINNA ROJA Reply with quote

Dear Fellow MSVians,

I have been listening to a CD (MP3) of PB Srinivas' songs. I am enchanted with the song
CHINNA CHINNA ROJA, SINGARA ROJA
ANNA NADAI NADANDHU AZHAGAAI AADI VARUM ROJA

So sweet and serene ! PBS sings this song with so much tenderness and effortless ease as only he can.

Can anyone enlighten me which film this song is featured in and who is the MD? Please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks in advance,
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just found out that the film is Azhagu Nila and the MD is KVM.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: SINGERS Reply with quote

Dear Dr
If I am not mistaken, may I just say the very percussion style hints it is not MSV [ 'Chinna Chinna Roja']. In fact, a very strong indication of MSV's Viswaroopam in songs can be identified from the style of percussion. All MDs use the same instruments be it string, brass or percussion. But MSV uses with the zeal of being 'new' all the time. For most others percussion is a ritual. In fact, on ocasions MSV has totally withdrawn percussion instruments from stretches in songs just to lend a new dimension to the lyric and to singer[s]. He is a thinker every inch and externally does not reveal it. Sorry for this interruption.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof Sir,
You are absolutely right. That is probably one of the reasons ( in my humble opinion ) that many "Light Music orchestras" still find it difficult to play his songs live on stage with a level of perfection that even remotely resembles his original composition. Indeed, Goddess Saraswathy had blessed our Sangeetha Saraswathy with an excellent and dedicated group of instrumentalists which may not be replicated for aeons to come!

Many thanks,
With regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: