"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

III Anniversary of msvtime.com- a Delightful Event-05.12.09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Srikumar,
My compliments to you on the excellent write up, comprehensively covering the events, including expression of gratitude to the core members and other organizers for arranging this show. I found that you were also very active during the program and your name should also be included in the list of people to be commended, congratulated and thanked (though you could not do this in your write up!)

A couple of things to add:

1) The song (d) in your list id 'aada varallam' from 'Karuppup panam, ' not 'adadaa enna azhagu.' YGM described this song as one of the best in the Western music style, sung by 'Sangeetha Rowdy' LRE. He wanted the 'rowdy' from his family, his daughter Madhuvanthi to sing this. Madhuvanthi returned the compliments to YGM by demanding that her 'rowdy' father should play the drums, which the proud father did.

2) The song from Mahadevi is 'kan moodum valaiyilum.' Incidentally, this song and 'thingal urangidum podhum' from Petra maganai vitra annai were sung by a young man whose voice was an exact match of AM Raja's. If one would close his/her eyes and listen, one would hear AMR singing. Though AMR has composed and sung several beautiful songs, in my opinion, these two songs are his best.

3) After playing 'enna enna varththaigalo, YGM asked the audience, 'Can anyone compose another song like this?' The instant and emotional response from the audience was 'mudiyaadhu.'

4) The singers were Kovai Murali, Madhuvanthi, Savitha, Ananthu, the young man with AM Raja's voice ( I failed to register his name in my mind.) and Sayindri (I am not sure whether I got the name right.) The last mentioned person was described a professional (playback?) singer with a passion for MSV. She had postponed a journey in order to participate in this program. When she sang 'Thookkam un kangalaithn thazhuvattume,' her eyes remained closed throughout. Such an involvement! YGM mentioned that this song is used in sleep therapy treatment given by an organization called 'Nithra,' which caters to people with sleep problems.

5) Another incident mentioned by YGM. When AVM Chettiyar entered the recording room of AVM studios, during the recording of songs for Bhagap pirivinai, he found only TMS, P Leela and a couple of instruments, in addition to the Music Directors, in the recording room. He thought that the recording for that day was cancelled. But with such sparse orchestra was created 'Thaazhaiyaam poo muduchchu.'

6) AVM Saravanan mentioned an incident. During the shooting of 'Anbe Vaa,' a song was about to be recorded. The song had been approved by AVM Kumaran. The singers were ready. But AVM Chettiyar, after listening to the song said that he was not satisfied. AVM Kumaran was embarrassed. But MSV was not upset. He sat with AVM, played three different tunes to the same song on the piano, got one of them approved by AVM and completed the recording as scheduled.

A report of this program has been published in the Friday review of today's Hindu. I give the link below, for the benefit of those who might be missing it.
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2009/12/11/stories/2009121151220900.htm
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Srikumar

Wonderful summary of the events! It is greatly detailed to help persons who have not attended.

Sampat
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sirs,
wonderful and detailed summary! I felt that I was there!
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: