"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OOTY VARAI URAVU - A WHOLESOME ENTERTAINER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is one more song -- by PBS and LRE--( is it yaradum pesakudathu - aagattum )

can any one confirm
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Movies Reply with quote

Dear Mr vk,
Yes, 'yArodum pEsakkoodAdhu' was recorded for o v u but never picturised or it was edited before screening. CVS has a special record of cutting down songs even at the 11th hour of marketing.

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Camp: Mumbai
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you prof

i think , this was cut at edit table -
may be to accomodate , an incentive , if within certain footage .(there used to be in those days , though i donot know , whether it was in force when OVU was made .
this song used to be broadcasted in trichy radio,quite often . more than rajarajashree

alas-muthuraman missed one melody -a fitting song for muthuraman/pbs combo

is there any songs CVR has done like that . other directors must envy CVR , as he was director when MSv was at his peak , and he got the golden grab , because ,he was one director , who used release films in short duration .
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Movies- A Special section. Reply with quote

Dear Mr vk
SINCE YOUR QUESTION READS C V R, I do not precisely locate the Director you are referring to. Under the 'circumstances and a few other references like short term production efforts and an enviable Director of the times make me presume it is CV Sridar [CVS]. If yes, the following data is relevance lest it should be deemed 'out of place'.

Beginning from
"KalyaNa parisu" ['Tea tea tea']
"Vennira aadai" [ 'neerAdum kangAl inge"]
"ooty varai uravu" [yArodum pEsakkoodadhu"]

Of the three, "KalyANa parisu - Venus PICTURES [cvs WAS ONE OF THE PARTNERS AND WAS A STORY - DIALOGUE WRITER] and was forcibly made a Director since their Star Director[ T.Prakash Rao] took ill and was hospitalized. Unable wait for him the partners made CVS direct the movie. The success of the treatment of the screenplay shot CVS into the horizon as a totally unconventional movie-maker and lent a new life for experimentation.

"VENNIRA AADAI' WAS BY CHITRALAYA [ owned by CVS] and was a milestone movie that broke all traditions of relying on stars in the sense the whole movie opened up a new brand of story-telling with a hefty musical score by V-R.
Jayalalithaa, Srikanth, Moorthy, Nirmala , Seshadri, Moorthy, AAsha were all introduced as actors.
The first ever movie by CVS without the services of Vincent-Sundaram for cinematography. Also in place of Vincent CVS 'imported' the services shri.G.Balakrishna from the troupe of the movie doyen V.Shantharam of Bombay. In place of Sundaram it was N.Balakrishnan as the operative camera man [though NB had already joined CVS for MSV- Ganga's "kalai koil] and was called Balu in the title cards of early movies of his career.
"V A" was a very bold venture in Eastman color with all new faces and with ony the technical crew and MDs to fall back upon. What VR -kaNNadasan did is now a rich history in song assembly.

"ooty varai uravu" was by KC films [ Kovai Chezhiyan] KC was a good friend of CVS despite KC's Dravidian party alignments as against CVS' nationalistic philosophies.
The movie was based on the story by Srirangam Narasimhan who was a pioneer to even people like writer Sujatha and inexplicably he faded in popularity.
The film o v u was in a long gestation with title changes like 'thEvai oru thangai', "vayadhu 18 jAkkiradhai" and finally o v u . Also, it began with Jayalalithaa as the lead pair element but was replaced by KRV .
[ incidentally except Venniraadai, no other CVS movie accommdated Jayalalitha despite cordiality between them]. The element- hilarity went beyond the corridors of dialogue with body language and camera doing their roles of pepping up comedy. One-day I shall recall those spots if it has any attraction for our forum friends.
Hopefully, I have touched upon some critical events in the history of TF industry between 1964 and 1968. How about some piece on Cinematography as a conceptual domain in TF making, in the golden era?. It is quite interesting to consider issues then that had only humanskill to answer the demanding visualizations of Directors.That could be another thread by itself.

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Camp : Mumbai

Last edited by madhuraman on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:55 am; edited 2 times in total
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV mentioned that during one of the episodes of Endrum MSV that the song 'Vizhiye kathai ezhdhu' was composed for some other film of Sridhar but was not used. (Perhaps, it was not filmed even.) When MGR wanted one more duet to be added after the shooting for Urumaik kural was almost over, Sridhar (Sridhar never used his initials. Hence I feel referring to him as CVS may not be recognized immediately by many people.)suggested this song. Initially, MGR was reluctant to accept a song of Kanaadasan due to the strained relationship between the two at that time, but was persuaded by Sridhar and MSV to accept this song.
Sridhar does have a habit of omitting a song from some of his lms.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mr parthivi

story goes like this -- distributors , after seeing the movie , wanted a dream song , (mgr's film should have minimum a dream song , and a spl fight -that was the order -- and it has given a wonderful scope to our master to score on them , its like free hit now days cricket ) to be included , which was not to the liking of CVS -however when he took Mgr's opinion , MGR said o k to add , and told CVS to get it out of valee -thus born Vizhiya kathi yezhuthu - ever green number , which as frequently shown now , as it was broadcasted those days .

as usual when mgr saw the script of the song , he found out it was kaviarassus work and not valee's , and told CVS to give credit to KD , however by the time , the printing had been done , thus by record it was valee , but in actual
and in film credit went to KD deservingly .

the main culprit is MSV - who gave such a melody which has been , and will be in air many more decades .

this song is close to my heart , because , in school days , i used to drink many cups of tea , to hear this in tea shop -record player . (i was not a tea drinker any way )

dear prof

i beg a pardon , it was lapse of concentration , that mingled CVs with CVR (cv rajendran )

think you are souce of info On sridhar - who is one of my favorite director , but like MSV's his achievements are not popularised , to the extend , many direcotors of later year , considered to be architects , first , all crap , while CVS is the first in many aspects , even KB comes after him , only according to me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: