"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

‘VISHVAARPANAM TO OUR LEGEND SHRI MSV’
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear msvians

i thought , i need to bring in ,A FEW of comments from other members , who emailed their comments to msvtimes.com. balance will follow.
Kumar Jagadeesan Dec 14
Dear all

mail 1
First of all i must thank you for giving us a very very good musical evening on 5th dec. 09 on the 3rd anniversary of the lagend's
times. com. i have been attending ur programmes with immense pleasure (of course to my family members also).
I came to know about this forum thro' Mr. Sankaranarayanan. Fist he took me to a prog. held at p s high school. then we (nearly10
of our family) attended VARTHAIGAL SOLLUM VADHIYANGAL held at museum theatre . I also had the pleasure of being one among the members on the 2nd anniversay last year (univ, building). Mr. Sankar also tooke me 2 or 3 gatherings.
all these things i think, is God's gift to attend & to have a close look of eminent personalities.
particulalrly last eve. programme which was accompanied with YGM's comments is a rare one & to think twice about the present state of cine music. as he rightly said we are all very gifted persons to live the in the same era in which MSV lives.
our family will hear only old songs in tv as well as in F M. you are doing very good work by way of this website.
i went thro' the book released y.day. almost finished by 1 a.m.
I pray God to give all strenghts to all of you to go further.
I once again thank you very much for the memorable prog. presented

mail 2

dear all
thank u very much for ur immedite reply to my mail,
actually me & my elder will hear all old songs with narrating the bgm also as said by Mr.YGM on that day.
it has become a practice. when we were in saidapet during 1960 to late 70s we had the opportunity of hearing nadhaswaram
of Saidapet Natarajan during temple festivals. he will reproduce the cine music with bgm also perfectly.
it is nice to see his name in the book. but at present he is not with us. but the way he contributed in the songs
vArAyO en thOzhi & olimayamAna ethirkalam along with Bakkiri on thavil will be pleasant one.
i get pleasure in giving some songs form my experience.

MELODY SECTION:
ENGIRUNDHO AASAIGAL CHANDRODHAYAM 1966
MELLAPO MELLAPO KAAVALKARAN 1967
KATTAZHAGU THANGA MAGAL THIRUNALO KAAVALKARAN 1967
UNNAI ENNI MARANDHEN RAHASYA POLICE 115 1967
MELLA VARUM KAATRU GLATTTA KALYANAM 1968
PON ENBEN POLICEKAARAN MAGAL 1962
VAA ENRATHU URUVAM KAATHIRUNDHA KANGAL 1962
JIL ENDRU KATRU VANDHADHO NIL GAVANI KAATHALI 1968

pls. correct the list if i have mentioned the name of the film & year wrongly
i will try to send more songs in course of time.
by going thro' the book it takes me to yester years & to think & immerse how they have ventured these immortal songs.
thanks a lot for all of u for having given me an access to share my feelings.
when i read that book the song comes visually with the orchestra along with the singers.
you have done a himalayan task.
i pray GOD to give all the strength to all of u to bring more books.
thank u
with regards

[size=18][b]Prof. Julius Karunakaran[/size[/b]]

To
MSVTIMES.COM
Thanks you for this mail.

I attended th function with my younger, son (19) who is interested in music. In fact he took a liking for music after listening to MSV's melodies.

I met Prof. Raman the editor of the book. I had earlier spoken to him over phone. I also met Mr Sam Joseph, 'Shyam' as he left soon after the honour given to him.

I give below my honest impressions about the function, so that in future, care could be taken to organise such events better so that they become memorable. No offence meant, please.

First of all, it did not get started at 5.30 as announced earlier. People had to unnecessarily for more tahn an hour. In teh meantime, at least the music by YG Mahendra could have kept the audience engaged.

In a function to honour Shyam and MSV, it was sad that we could not listen to either of them speak, at least a few words.

There were too much of uninteresting speeches which added to the pain of waiting.

While Balamurali krishna and PBS were short and crisp, S.P.Muthuraman was too long. I expected this event to be like the Piano Concert that MSV presented a few months back inthe Museum Theatre.

I bought a copy of the book and I have gone through some sections of it. I may send my comments in course of time.

Thank you and best wishes,

Prof. Julius Karunakaran

--- On Sun, 13/12/09, info-msvtimes

MAIL 2
Thanks very much for your kind reply, and more so for taking the comments in the right spirit. I have been a great fan of Sri MSV, in the same cast as Mr YG Mahendran, a violent fan, right from the 'Padhi Bhakhthi' times.

The late Sai Baba, a talented and multi-faceted artist who played rhythm guitar and also made excellent mimicries, was my college and hostel mate at MCC. I used to go with him for many of MSV's recordings and in 1975, we got Sri MSV's Orchestra and many play back singers perform for a fund raising show at the University Auditorium, and you know how much he charged, please do not get a shock, Rs.7000 only. After the premature passing away of Sai Baba I lost touch.

Mr Mangalamoorthy, the Accordianist with the silken touch was my very close friend and he lived only a few doors away and I used to go with him also for many recordings.

I still remember during one of the recording sessions MSV chided the brilliant Nanjundappa, because the takes were going on and on much to the irritation of Najundappa. And MSV insisted that music must be pleasing, and will be pleasing only if played with pleasure, and not with irriation.The gigantic Nanjundappa was made to feel small before the small-made MSV, but that is the perfectionist that he always is.That is why I believe that anything concerning MSV should be as good as his muxic is.

I am very happy and thrilled that devoted enthusiasts like you are sparing no efforts to popularise the greatness of MSV's creative genius. I wish all your efforts great succes and I would like to associate myself with you all in the future endeavours. I will certainly introduce this forum to other friends.

I will soon write my comments about the book that was released that day.

I am wondering whether it is possibel to get a CD or DVD of MSV's Piano concert held at teh Museum Theatre. I can pay for the same if it is available.

With many thanks once again and wishing you all, all the best in the future.

[/url]
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more impression:

Sirs,
Yr third MSV TIMES anniversary was really very enjoyable. I enjoyed every moment of the function.
I am 61 yrs of age and an retired Bank official. Like others I also grew up hearing the facinating tunes of the duo Viswanathan-Ramamurthy and later MSV., mostly sung by great legends, the one and only TMS, PBS, P Susheela, SPB & S Janaki and not to forget the great L R Easwari & Vani Jayaram. Very often I used to wonder how such lilting tunes were possible,not a few here and there, but in thousands,all memorable tunes which will live on for ever.

I happened to view msvtimes a year back and it was a great experience. Through msvwtimes I was able to get very close to msv & co. msvtimes is really doing a great job to msv's ardent fans all over the world.

I came to know about the 3rd anniversary thru msvtimes and I immediately contacted Shri NY Murali and told him if I could attend the same as I was not a member. He told me that all msv fans are welcome and that is how I attended the function. It was a great evening with msv's songs sung to near perfection (especially the one and only AM Raja's song thendral urankiaya pothum) by one whose name was also Raja (what a co-incidence)

I purchased the book on msv and enjoyed reading the same. It is full of interesting anecdotes and also a full research in detail is made on msv music and that shows to what extent msv fans have enjoyed and are continuing to enjoy his music. Hats off to them.

I conclude by saying that I enjoyed the function with tears in my eyes. In fact most of the audience were in tears listening to the soul stirring music of the living legend, the one and only all time great Shri M S Viswanathan.

My best wishes to msvtimes to continue in their great endeavour.

With regards
Sai Prasad
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: How to Register Reply with quote

Dear Mr vk 1959
Thank you for bringing out the honest responses of Mr.Sai Prasad. Considering his present age, perceptions and nostalgia evoking tearful moments, a few things need being done. Such persons should be enrolled on the forum and requested to contribute regularly. Sometimes such seniors are inexplicably uncomfortable to use the net. But, they should be encouraged to record their long-felt perceptions. I trust my idea can be considered by Mr.Sai Prasad who may also help us to locate simailar emotional islands who are not fully aware of such a massive ground to meet like-minded fans of the true legend. Kindly take steps in the apt direction.

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman camp: Mumbai.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof

i am trying to reach , many of msv fans , so , by next year , we have many folds of what we had this year .

infact i have sent a circular , to all tamizh sangams about our association , and requested them to exhibit our request , for msv fans to enroll themselves in mSVtimes.com
and those who are emailing msvtimes.com@gmail.com
we request them to write in forum , as well introducing about the book .

hope to meet more msvians in next meeting
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vijaya Krishnan,
Well done Sir, for bringing out more and more fans of MM to our forum. It is only through such efforts a platform like this would get wider. It is really a great effort on your part. My sincere appreciations to you.
Regards,
Raghavendran
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear raghavendran

you inspired me to keep doing some thing for the cause

i am one among many ,who is trying a bit towards a common goal

thank you for your appreciation , will keep trying
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Narasimhan B."

Dear Sirs,

Sorry for the belated response & WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY 2010.

As one of the ardent fans of MSV, I was at the venue sharp at 5.30 PM & remained till the end. I enjoyed the entire function & had the fortune to get autograph from TKR, PBS, Vani Jayaram . . I wish MSV & TKR had spoken a few words. But knew this could not be done for want of time. Hats off to YGM for the excellent light music and on our behalf he paid rich tributes to MSV, TKR, TMS, PS & Kannadasan.

I missed the inaugural function of msv times in 2006 and 2 anniversaries thereafter. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and was happy to see that each one present were enjoying with equal joy & happiness. I am yet to study the book in full & shall give my views once completed.

In the meatntime, million thanks to the organizers and wish them all success in their future endeavours in spreading the fame of our beloved MSV.

LONG LIVE MSV & MSV.TIMES.

B.Narasimhan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: