"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FELICITATION TO OUR MASTER
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: FELICITATION TO OUR MASTER Reply with quote

Dear Friends

OUR MASTER

Mellisai Mannar SRI M S VISWANATHAN

IS GETTING FELICITATED

on 5th Aug 2009, Wednesday

at 7 pm

at Narada Gana Sabha,
Alwarpet
Chennai.
:

Speakers : Director K Balachander

Kamalhasan, S P Muthuraman, Y Gee Mahendran.

Pl make yourself convenient to attend.

RAMKI

Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Ramki,

Thanks for the great news. But I feel extremely disappointed and sorry that I will not be able to attend the felicitation and get thrilled at the tributes that are going to be showered on our Master, as I am located at Mumbai. 5-ந்தாம் ேததி சாயங்காலம் என் உடல் மட்டும்தான் மும்ைபயில் இருக்கும். மனது ெசன்ைன நாரத கான சபாவில் இருக்கும்.

May I know what is the special occasion and who is organzing this function?

Kindly find out and advise if any TV Channel is going to cover this programme, i.e. record it and telecast later. If not, I would be delighted if some one can kindly organize to record the show and post it on our site or Youtube.

I am sure, you will be meeting the Legend at the function. I would sincerely request you to kindly convey my tributes and namaskarams to Shri MSV.

With best regards,

Venu Soundar,
Mumbai.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr Ramki

i am really happy that MM is getting his due , (atleast ) now ,

GOD IS GREAT .

LONG LIVE MASTER
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ஆஞ்ஜநேய கீதம் குறுந்தகடு வெளியீடு மற்றும் அவருக்குப் பாராட்டு விழா, நேற்று 05.08.2009 மாலை சென்னை ஆழ்வார் பேட்டையிலுள்ள நாரக கான சபா அரங்கில் நடை பெற்றது. குறுந்தகடு வெளியீட்டு விழாவிற்கு நீதியரசர் ராஜேஸ்வரன் அவர்கள் தலைமையுரையாற்றினார். ஸ்ரீகவி கம்ப ராமாயணத்தை மேற்கோள் காட்டி ஆன்மீகம் மற்றும் ஆஞ்ஜநேயரின் சிறப்புகளை எடுத்துக் கூறிப் பேசினார். மற்றும் கிருஷ்ணா ஸ்வீட்ஸ் அதிபர் முரளி உள்ளிட்ட பெரியோர்கள் உரையாற்றினர். அதன் பிறகு மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்குப் பாராட்டு விழா நடைபெற்றது. இவ்விழாவிலும் நீதியரசர் ராஜேஸ்வரன் தலைமையுரையாற்றி மெல்லிசை மன்னரைப் பாராட்டிப் பேசினார். பின் இயக்குநர் சிகரம் கே.பாலச்சந்தர் அவர்கள் தமக்கும் கண்ணதாசன், மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இருவருக்கும் இடையே இருந்த நட்பு பற்றியும் தாம் பாடல்களைக் கேட்டு வாங்கிய போது பெற்ற அனுபவங்களையும் உணர்ச்சி பூர்வமாக சிலாகித்துப் பேசினர். குறிப்பாக ஆடிவெள்ளி பாடல் அந்தாக்ஷரி முறையில் கவிஞரும் மெல்லிசை மன்னரும் அமைத்துத் தந்ததைப் பற்றிப் பெருமையுடன் குறிப்பிட்டார். கலைஞானி கமலஹாசன் அவர்கள் தமக்கும் மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்கும் இடையே இருந்த நட்பைப் பற்றிப் பேசினார். அனைவரின் உரையையும் திரு ஓய்.ஜி.மகேந்திராவின் பேச்சு தூக்கிச் சாப்பிட்டு விட்டது எனலாம். ஒரு கண்ணதாசன், ஒரு மெல்லிசை மன்னர், ஒரு டி.எம்.எஸ். ஒரு சிவாஜி ஆகியோர் மட்டும் தான் இருக்க முடியும் என்பதைச் சுட்டும் வகையில் அமைந்த அவரின் பேச்சு மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ரசிகர்களுக்குத் தேன் வந்து பாய்ந்தது போல் இருந்தது என்றால் மிகையில்லை.
அருமையான விழா, நம்முடைய forum-ல் இதைக் கூறி இவ்விழாவில் நாம் பங்குகொள்ளக் காரணாயிருந்த ராம்கி அவர்களுக்கு நன்றி.

இவ்விழாவைப் பற்றிய செய்தி இன்றைய ஹிந்து நாளிதழில் வந்துள்ளது.
http://www.hindu.com/2009/08/06/stories/2009080659330200.htm

ராகவேந்திரன்
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
parthavi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sri Raghavendran,

Thank you for your report on the event.
I could not attend, since I was not free on 5th evening.
Can you elaborate on what YGM spoke?
DID SPM also speak? What did he say?

Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Mr Raghavendran and Mr Sivakumar for the brief accounts on the felicitation to our Master.

It would be great if some one can kindly come out with a more detailed account of the function, especially providing more details on the speeches of Kamal, YGM and SPM.

There is no surprise in YGM showering accolades on our Master. He has been a fanatic of MSV right from his childhood. That's the reason I had expressed (in another thread in the Forum) a great surprise in not seeing him speak a "single word" on the Legend in his "Thirumbip Paarkiren" programme on Jaya TV recently. I once again strongly feel that the portion must have been edited out by the channel.

Regards,

Venu Soundar,
Mumbai.
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent narration Mr. Sivakumar. If I had felt, after reading your earlier message that I missed a chance by deciding not to attend the function after 8 pm, this message has given me what I had missed.

Very good write up.

Look forward to a lot of interesting contributions from you.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: How to Register? Reply with quote

Dear Mr Sivakumar,
A thunderous applause to you from Madurai on your vivid recalling of the grand moments of the felicitations to MM. A good piece of reporting indeed that has taken care of the critical references typical of a near wholesome coverage. As ever, MM is humility -personified, no matter what the occasion is. Most expressions from the celebrities have followed the lines expected of each of them. It is to the credit of MM that, years after his active contribution , people feel left high and dry , irrespective of the number of countless MDs in the TF industry. It is the greatest of all time tributes to MSV. It is for us to enjoy the scenario that any number MDs put together cannot match the calibre of this Grand composer, be it tunes/ ludes/ interludes and bgm, leave alone the formidable range of humming and whistle embellishments besides the inimitable orchestration rich in innovative fervour and seamless union of instruments /voices, not letting down any emotion by the fiery orchestra that used to drop fathoms to hold aloft the mood of singing.
Hats off to MSV. May God bless him with all that is good.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sivakumar,

Hats off to you for the excellent and elaborate description of the Felicitation to our Master. I felt as if I was present at Narada Gana Sabha. Thanks a lot and keep up your wonderful job in the Forum.

With best wishes,

Venu Soundar,
Mumbai.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.SivakKumar,
Excellent write-up.
I too attended the function (from 7:10 PM). A memorable event.
In fact, you brought the entire function in front of everyone's eyes. Smile

Yes as you mentioned, Kamal has sung a solo song ("Thanniya potta...") in the movie "Savaal".

But in Maro Charitra, a beautiful number (Ae theega poovulu) is there.
Suseela is the singer and Kamal will say dialoges in Tamil.

I am really surprised how YGM, KB, Kamal forget this one...
Intha 2 songs pathi ezhunthu saddham pottu sollalamonnu thonithu... Smile

I would like to add one more thing.
In the first part (The release of audio cd of Aanjaneya Geetham), Balamuralikrishna praised our legend. Avar romba arumaya "Thangaratham vandhadhu..." paadinaar.

Aanjaneya Geetham cd was played for quite some time. The song by our MM is very nice. I have to possess it... Smile

Some of our msvtimes friends-a meet panninadhila romba santhoshama irunthathu...

Totally it was a very nice evening...
Jeev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Felicitation to our Master Reply with quote

Hi,

Here is the link to view photos from the function held on Aug 5.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/19145.html

Regards,

Jeev
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Shankar,

I agree with your views on the 'felicitators' as far as KB and Kamal are concerned. While Kamal has his own priorities, KB has been ungrateful. AVM has engaged several music directors. But they have not changed their signature tune set by their 'Aasthana' MD Sudarsanam. But KB, after switching over to IR, had replaced the signature Kural of his films 'Agara Mudala' soulfully sung by MSV with a drab, lifeless piece sung by IR. Kamal is a past master in trying to please every one from MSV to Yuvan Shankar, from Kannadasan to Paa.Vijay, from KB to the debutant director of the film released yesterday, from MK to JJ and so on. After reading your mail, I realized that I was also subconsciously disinclined to attend the function, because of my lack of enthusiasm for felicitation by these people. I have also heard them praising MSV earlier, KB, during a program on MSV by Doordarshan several years ago and Kamal, now and then and I was not impressed by the superficiality of their praise.

However, I found SPM's praise of MSV in the Endrum MSV program, which he seems to have repeated in the function, genuine. He is also associated (along with AVM Saravanan etc.) with Kannadasan Viswanthan Trust, founded by MSV.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: How to register? Reply with quote

Dear Mr Shankar and Mr Parthavi,
KUDOS TO BOTH OF YOU FOR sticking to your gun in evaluation of the new-found eulogy of some people for MSV. The actor and Director pegged in your write-ups have not displayed their loyalties to the man when it was most wanted. There is enough information to lament about of such persons' everyday allegience to hot cakes of the day. That both of you have clearly spotted the aspect of gimmick in them is a true reflection of your genuine appreciation of the legend.That you made it explicit is the most welcome feature in setting aside 'lip sympathy' from honesty. World is not blind.
warm regards. Prof.K.Raman Madurai.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shankar and Rengaswami,

I understand your feelings (which are the feelings of each and every MSV Fan). But as Sivakumar has said, we have to take these things in to our strides and get going. What will happen if every one ignores to attend such functions? The auditorium will be empty and it will be like rubbing salt in to the wounds of our Master as well as insulting Him.

I entirely agree with Rengaswami on his comments about KB and Kamal. KB cannot be pardoned for changing the "signature song" of Kavithalaya. As far Kamal, he tried to please even an ordinary composer like Vijay Antony recently in an Audio release function which was shown on Jaya TV. He showered high praises for the song "Naakka Mookka" (which I do not consider as a song at all) and said he has heard that song the maximum, as it is the "caller tune song" of his daughter Shruti.

Any way, our Master does not need any Government Award or Reward hereafter. Conferring of a "Padma Shri" or "Padma Bushan" will be too, too ordinary and small for our Master, for His greatness, for His achievements and His outstanding contributions to the world of Film Music. மக்கள் தீர்ப்ேப மேகசன் தீர்ப்பு என்பது ேபால மக்களின் பாராட்ேட MSV-க்கு மிகப்் ெபரிய பாராட்டு மற்றும் விருது.

Regards,

Venu Soundar,
Mumbai.

P.S.: I am taking the liberty of addressing our friends without the prefix of "Mr", to have closeness and also considering my age of 60 (a senior citizen!!). Hope no one misunderstands me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: