"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the News :: A.R.Rahman talks about MSV!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roopa Ramkumar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: In the News :: A.R.Rahman talks about MSV! Reply with quote

From "The Hindu" (Friday Review)
March 9, 2007

Fame, fortune....humility

...."True. I love jazz. But very few understand it. So whenever it's suitable I use the progression," Rahman says. Hindustani is another choice genre. "I like listening to Kishore Amonkar, Hasu Patel and others. And the melodies of the 1960s fascinate me. At the same time the youngster in me digs rock and jazz," he laughs. M.S.Viswanathan is an all time favourite of Rahman. "A real master," he commends.

Roopa Ramkumar
Co- Moderator
MSVTimes.com
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: FAME ,FORTUNE and HUMILITY !!!!!! Reply with quote

THIS WAS THE FIRST ARTICLE THAT I READ IN THE HINDU TODAY MORNING!!! FELT REALLY REALLY ELATED !!!! WHAT A WAY TO START THIS DAY !!!

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT READ HINDU NEWSPAPER , HERE IS THE LINK !!!

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/03/09/stories/2007030900380100.htm

ARR HAD BEEN REALLY OPEN IN HIS COMMENTS AND THIS INTERVIEW IS ONE OF IT'S KIND...

MSVTIMES.COM SALUTES ALLAH RAKHA RAHMAN'S HUMILITY !!!

MSVTIMES.COM SINCERELY THANKS AND ACKNOWLEDGES Ms.MALATHI RANGARAJAN FOR THIS AMAZING INTERVIEW !!!

MSV CERTAINLY RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by tvvraghavan on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARR favourite song is CHITTUKURVIKKENA KATTUPADU.

He got inspired lot from MSV composistion. Nice article from ARR.

regards
ramesh
vishwas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great people alwayss acknowledge and admire the talent in others without ego. ARR's comments could be seen in this light. Thanks to ARR for being so sincere in his comments.
Once a friend of mine (he is a carnatic musician himself) could meet the famous Malayalm music Director V.Dakshinamurthy. do you remember the "Adi sankara" movie dubbed in tamil from Malayalam and "Nanadha Nee En Nila" song beautifully sung by SPB in another movie; these are some of his excellent compositions. When his fans admired his music at the venue of the Wedding, the MD seems to have commented "Nanga senchethellam onnumae kidayathu, compared to what MSV has done; he is simply incomparable". The Late Mr. Maharajapuram Santhanam- a legend in carnatic Music field - has many a time commended/ wondered at MSV's genius.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: