"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV SPENT MORE TIME WITH KANNADASAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: MSV SPENT MORE TIME WITH KANNADASAN Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
It is a known fact about the relationship MSV had with Kannadasan. He penned more number of songs among many songs composed by MSV.

But I had a curiosity about the number of songs penned by Kannadasan for MSV’s composition. Thanks to the book ‘Mellisai Mannargalin Pattu Payanangal’ written by Mr. Vamanan I created a database of all the songs from that book. Though it is not 100% accurate yet it has more or less sufficient. Some movies have not appeared notably ‘Taxi Driver’. Some of the songs in the movie got omitted by mistake. The total number of songs I got from the data base is about 2775 songs. There could be an addition of another 100 songs.

Out of 2775 songs available with me Kannadasan has penned songs for about 1378 which are about 50% of MSV’s composition. Starting from MSV’s first movie ‘Panam’ he was associated with him up to 1982. A song ‘Velundu Velundu Velaiyaa’ in the movie ‘Velundu Vinaiyillai’ appears in the list in the year 1987 which could have been written earlier by him. It seems that MSV would have spent more time with Kannadasan than even with his wife.

There is also a revelation from this data base. That is there was an illusion that after the arrival of Vaali, Kannadasan has not written few songs only for MSG which this database proves wrong. After the movie ‘Padakotti’ in which Vaali started writing lyrics for MGR movies Kannadasan penned few songs for the movie ‘Aayirathil Oruvan’ which is a known fact. Kannadasan has written the lyrics for all the songs in ‘Naadodi’ produced by B R Bandulu and continued writing for Bandulu for future MGR movies also. He has written lyrics for the movie ‘Parakkum Paavai’. He continued writing for MGR songs in the 70’s too. But of course Vaali shared the major portion.

N Y MURALI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: