"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beautiful first century by Sai Saravanan!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Ranks and Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Ram,
Indeed I was not realizing or aware how the numbers were increasing with postings! Thanks for your motivating words and great moderation. I strongly feel you have a talented and matured head at a young age which is amazingly fast in keeping track of so many events, postings, information, etc.! That there were 100 postings was possible because of some of the stalwarts manning the posts in this forum, ably guiding and smoothly moving discussions at great pace. I, to be honest, feel that the number of postings could have been more. But, I keep admiring the writings of these geniuses and 'mahanubhavas', and in the process end up only reading and enjoying their information. The topics that I was dreaming, I found, are getting covered here and there, and I get delayed in writing or starting about them. But then, our Professor urged me (as well as others) to write. Thanks to him and others for the support. And, office work keeps me occupied for long and do not get consistent time to write or read the postings. I spend once in a week, but my mind is almost always there on some of the postings currently in progress...

The broad-natured ideas and topics, as you have very correctly pointed out (amazing again!!), are largely due to my lack of proper knowledge in classical music. My feelings and ideas are only based on bhajans and bhajan-singing, and MSV's movie songs. My understanding of 'classical' music is what our Mellisai Mannar renders. This, I feel, is like the music genre created by Poet Rabindranath Tagore- the Rabindra Sangeeth. I strongly feel that MM's music should be called as Viswanatha Sangeeth or something similar. I am too very emotional about MSV's music, and I have gradually noticed that I do not tolerate any wrong comments about him. It upsets me the whole day or days together sometimes. I am trying to improve on this aspect to be tolerant towards criticisms against MM, which I have learnt from this forum. This forum is a good learning platform, with a wealth of information and real geniuses! I do not know how many books can be brought out from the information contained here!

Thanks for the wishes, once again!

G. Sai Saravanan
parthavi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sai,

Congratulations.

It happened to me also that I found my postings touching 100 but I wondered how this happened, with my limited knowledge about music in general and musical instruments and genres in particular. Like you, I also learned music only by listening to MSV's songs. The developments, From passive listening through involvement to developing a bond with the creator, even before seeing any photograph of the creator were all spontaneous and gradual. The first time I saw an image of MSV was in Server Sundaram, when others pointed out to him.

What (I think) Ram has meant by broadness is your widening the field to include such topics like MSV, as the lyricist, silence in MSV's songs etc, topics which most others would not have thought about.

I have enjoyed your postings and my congratulation, are sincere rather than ritualistic. There is a great variety in our forum ranging from scholarly analysis to simple sharing of what one has njoyed. Every posting has value. Every posting makes every one reading it happy, because the postings are about the person for whom we all have something more than admiration. Like a devotee getting thrilled by listening to a hymn on the God he worships, from whichever quarter it emanates, we all enjoy others' contributions.

Your reply to Ram's message of congratulations, pouring out your heart has enhanced my admiration for you.

Keep your good work and keep writing.

Greetings and Good wishes.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sri Sai Saravanan,
Congratulations on the maiden century. Your analysis on the various aspects of Mellisai Mannar's compositions takes us to hitherto unknown horizon. Thonda thonda kidaikkum pudhaiyal MSV. Therefore there is no wonder in crossing the centuries but the real treasure is the wealth of info you provide. Entirely different range of topics. I look at your postings as a mute spectator, because I am ZERO as far as the classicism is concerned. Just I have ears for MSV's music. Of course I listen to the music of all MDs, and every time the compositions of Mellisai Mannar flies ahead of others' compositions. And your analysis serves as ladders for us to climb and see it closely.
Keep it up.
RAghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
msvramki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

சதம் போட்ட சாயிக்கு சலாம்கள் !
ராம்கி.
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sai,
Congrats for great writing. Your posting are unique and very informative. Pl continue

N Y MURALI
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sai,
Hearty Congratulations on your 100.
Wish to see many more tons from you...
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Ranks and Promotions Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sai Saravanan
My hearty greetings on your 100. Belated though, please accept my congratulations. With the advent of a team of writers all from around the same time [beginning early 2009], the site enjoys better writing and active exchanges. Naturally, I can just keep watching. No regrets, as better contributors are on. Certainly all the new arrivals [relatively] have rejuvenated the forum and my best wishes to all in general and to you now, for the first century of yours.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Thanks one and all for the nice words and, blessings, more importantly. I feel small to think of the wonderful writings of all of you, and this hundred is just a small speck!
Thanks for your encouragement. My batteries are charged more now.
Sai Saravanan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Ranks and Promotions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: