"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV AND WESTERN MUSIC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muthukrishnan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: MSV AND WESTERN MUSIC Reply with quote

Dear coreteam
MY Respects to one and all
I am always amazed by his western compositions
I am eager to know how he composes such songs,preludes,interludes.I have read that he does not give notations. Does HE play it on harmoniam or piano for the music assistants to make notations and pass it on to orchestra.How does he conceive such great compositions. Mr.Visveswaran in a TV interview said that bestever is RAJAVIN PARVAI-ANBE VAA.It seems MSV asked AVM for a piano to compose that song. Research analysis on JAZZ MUSIC IN TAMIL FILMS,an article in www.dhool.com.gives the great compositins of MSV and says he is the only MD to compose variety of songs in JAZZ in originality-no copy buisness. His successors though formally trained in western music have not done much in JAZZ style. since the coreteam is blessed to learn it from MSV himself, we are all eager to know the method and concepts he adopts in western compositios. UDAL MANNUKKU UYIR ANNANUKKU -LONG LIVE MSV. -Muthukrishnan[MBM].
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Welcome again!!! Reply with quote

Dear MBM,

Welcome to this Elite "MSV Club" !!!

Yes... MSV teache(s)d each and every bit of the song. I tell this because last time when the core crew met him at his residence, we had the same question posted to him and his reply was, "Even the silence that comes in a song will be taught by me!!!"

And more than that, if we ask further more questions his answer would be, "Naan Engappa Panninen... Ellam Avan (God) Thaan Panninaan" and again he would say, "It is all team work!!!"

Now, having known this, continue to wonder, "How this man would have done so many varieties in music???!!!", as every one in this club does!!!

Thats MSV !!! Smile

Btw, I loved your lines "UDAL MANNUKKU UYIR ANNANUKKU"....

Welcome again !!!
Muthukrishnan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: MSV AND WESTERN MUSIC Reply with quote

Dear ram,

Thanks for the reply.IR confirms the same view.He played combo organ for the song-malar edhu-Film-avalukku endror manam.The orchestra was ready by 8.00 AM,MSV was there with Sridar by 8.30 AM. HE played the BGM on Harmoniam,impromptu,for every insmentrument and the whole prelude,interlude,everything was over in an hour.IR was awestruck by this western composition,since it used to take avery long time for other composers.Every Musician,Director,singer and all the film people when they talk about him wonder about the speed and spontainity with which he makes music. QUANTITY WITH QUALITY is the hallmark of our MM.
UMUA
MBM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: