"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinnavalai mugam sivandhavalai Puthia Bhoomi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Murthy,

This is one of my favorite songs too. One of those songs that flow steadily like a calm river. In the audio version, the song will start without any prelude. I liked it because the moment the song is played, it comes like an unexpected pleasant experience, like a friend of mine tapping me on the back, when I am standing somewhere, least expecting him. When the film was released, vizhiye vizhiye was the most popular. This song made its impact a little later, after allowing 'vizhiye, vizhiye' to dominate the scene for some time. In fact, I happened to listen to this song only after some time and its melody and structure was an instant delight to me. It is a song which will make me happy, the instant I hear the opening words.

The song is written by Kavignar, a rare event those days, when he and MGR had become estranged. Taking a cue from the situation, Kavignar has adorned the song with "vaLai" So, this song joins the prestigious group of 'aththaan ennaththaan', 'vaan nilaa nilaa alla', 'anbu nadamaadum kalaikkudame', 'kaatru vanthaal thalai saayum naaNam' etc, all having a dominant word, phrase or ending, repeating in almost all the lines. But being a poet, not just a lyricist, Kavignar has deviated from 'vaLai' in a couple of places by using 'lai' ( 'paal mazhalai'), 'zhai ' (vaana mazhai) etc. for making the lines meaningful. This song will be a challenge for singers who have difficulty in differentiating among 'lai', 'Lai 'and 'zhai'

From your postings, I observe that you have a special liking for MRR -JL songs. The MGR-JL duo was lucky in having almost all their MSV songs both melodious and popular, thanks to the Mastero's midas touch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: