"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY PICK OF THE WEEK - NINAITHAL PODHUM PAADUVEN !!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: MY PICK OF THE WEEK - NINAITHAL PODHUM PAADUVEN !!!! Reply with quote

MY PICK OF THE WEEK !!!!

SONG : NINAITHAAL POTHUM PAADUVEN
MOVIE : NENJIRUKKUM VARAI
SINGER : THE GREAT S.JANAKI !!!!

MSV-SJ HAD ALWAYS BEEN A TRUE MADE-FOR-EACH OTHER COMBO.. ALL THE SONGS CREATED OUT OF THIS COMBO ARE GEMS TO BE LISTENED AND CHERISHED !!!

HOW MANY SUCH CAN WE HAVE WITH OUR MASTER...

1. MSV - SPB
2. MSV - PBS (GOOD ANAGRAM !!!)
3. MSV - PS
4. MSV - SJ
5. MSV - JC

Coming to this amazing powerful song....I had been listening to this today continuosly for more than 25 times.... Surprised

This is a rare song from this movie that is not being played in the TVs often (I have never seen it ) ..and I would rate it the BEST from the movie.....besides Muthukalo Kangal, Nenjirukkum Engalukku, Kannan Varum Neramidhu (doubt if this is included in the movie), Poo Mudippal, Enge Neeyo.......

A complete Hindustani entertainer (I think..atleast with the instruments),
the song starts with beautiful sitar and powerful violins and salangai...dolak....woof..what not !!!!

This song is full of variations with tuff alaaps, brighas..(only SJ can sing), SITAR, amazing percussions (tabla,dolak,salangai,mridangam) ,violins, small brass section, flute,lullaby bells.

VERY AESTHETICALLY CREATED BY THE MUSICAL SAINT !!!!!

Ram,
Please upload this song in our Music section !!!!

MSV RULES !!!
irenehastings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr. venky sir

no doubt 'ninaithaal pothum paaduven' is the fentastci song and sadly underrated because of the domination of other songs.

terrific interludes with huge number of violins, flute and solo dabela also, along with humming with every interlude.

a peculier thing in this song is, normally we will miss some musical bits in the records and audio cassettes, which are there in the movies. but in this song there is a pretty postlude in the ending of the song with violin and humming of s.janaki available in the record, but missing in the movie.

recently i happened to see this song, three to four times in jaya tv.

the terrific dance (aavesa nadanam) of actress geethaanjali give more attraction and glory to the song.

what a song...
what a music...
what a dance...

'ippo evanaavathu idhu maathiri panna mudiyuma?' endru satham pottu kathanum pola irukku.

by the way venky sir, dont be doubt.... 'kannan varum neramidhu' song is there in the movie fir the same dancer geethaanjali.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvvraghavan wrote:
MY PICK OF THE WEEK !!!!

SONG : NINAITHAAL POTHUM PAADUVEN

This is a rare song from this movie that is not being played in the TVs often (I have never seen it ) ..and I would rate it the BEST from the movie.....besides Muthukalo Kangal, Nenjirukkum Engalukku, Kannan Varum Neramidhu (doubt if this is included in the movie), Poo Mudippal, Enge Neeyo.......

'நினைத்தால் போதும் பாடுவேன்' அருமையான தேர்வு.

உண்மைதான். சில படங்களில் ஒருசில பாடல்கள் ஓகோ என்று HIT ஆகும்போது, சில நல்ல மெலோடியஸ் பாடல்கள் பின்னால் தள்ளப்படுவது வாடிக்கை.

உதாரண்மாக 'எங்க வீட்டுப் பிள்ளையி'யில் "நான் ஆணையிட்டால்" பாடல் சூப்பர் HIT ஆக, அதைத்தொடர்ந்து 'நான் மாந்தோப்பில் நின்றிருந்தேன்' பாடலும் 'குமரிப்பண்ணின் உள்ளத்திலே' பாடலும் மக்களால் பேசப்பட, அருமையான மெலோடியான 'மலருக்கு தென்றல் பகையானால்' பாடல் பின்னுக்கு தள்ளப்பட்டது.

அதுபோலவே, குடியிருந்த கோயில் படத்தில் "ஆடலுடன் பாடலைக்கேட்ட்" சூப்பர் HIT ஆக, தொடர்ந்து 'துள்ளுவதோ இளமை', பின்னர் 'நான்யார் நான்யார்', 'நீயேதான் எனக்கு மணவாட்டி' மற்றும் 'என்னைத்தெரியுமா' பாடல்கள் அடுத்தடுத்த இடங்களைப் பிடிக்க, அருமையான மெலோடியான "குங்குமப்பொட்டின் மங்கலம்" பாடல் நிழலில் தள்லப்ப்பட்டது.

நான் மேற்சொன்ன பாடல்களில் எந்த ஒன்றும் அடுத்ததற்கு சளைத்ததல்ல. அத்தனையுமே தேன் சொட்டும் பாடல்களே. ஆனால் ரேஸில் ஓடும்போது சில நல்ல பாடல்கள் பின் தங்கி விடுகின்றன (அல்லது தங்க வைக்கப்படுகின்றன).

அப்படி ஒரு நிலைமைதான் 'நெஞ்சிருக்கும் வரை' படத்தில் இடம் பெற்ற "நினைத்தால் போதும் பாடுவேன்" என்ற அற்புதப் பாடலுக்கும் நேர்ந்தது. ஏன் அப்படி?. கதாநாயகனும் கதாநாயகியும் இடம் பெறாத பாடல் என்பதாலா?.

தமிழ்த்திரையிசையிலேயே வித்தியாசமாகப் படமாக்கப்பட்ட "பூ முடிப்பாள் இந்தப்பூங்குழலி" பாடலுக்கும், அருமையான டூயட் பாடலான 'முத்துக்களோ கண்கள்' பாடலுக்கும் (இன்றும் இந்தப்பாடலைப்பாடாத மேடை ஆர்க்கெஸ்ட்ராக்களே கிடையாது), சோகத்தைபிழிந்து தரும் 'எங்கே நீயோ நானும் அங்கே உன்னோடு' பாடலுக்கும் நடுவே
'கண்னன் வரும் நேரமிது' பாடலும்
'நினைத்தால் போதும் பாடுவேன்' பாடலும்
சற்று ஒதுக்கி வைக்கப்பட்டன என்பது வேதனையான உண்மை.
ஆனால் தரத்தில் எந்தப்பாடலுக்கும் இவை குறைந்தவை அல்ல.

'மெல்லிசை மன்னரின்' இசையில் எஸ்.ஜானகி அவர்கள் பாடிய ஏராளமான அருமையான பாடல்களில் ஒன்று இது. (மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசையில் ஜானகி அவர்கள் பாடிய இசைக்கடலின் சில துளிகளை வேறொரு இடத்தில் பட்டியலிட்டிருக்கிறேன். காரணம், எந்த தொலைக் காட்சியில் யார் தோன்றி எஸ்.ஜானகியைப் பற்றிப் பேசினாலும் 'எஸ்.ஜானகி என்ற ஒரு பாடகி பிறந்ததே 1976க்குப்பின் தான் என்பது போன்ற ஒரு திட்டமிட்ட மாயை பரப்பப் பட்டு வருகிறது).

எடுத்த எடுப்பிலேயே பஞ்சமத்தில் துவங்கும் பாடல் இது.

நினைத்தால் போதும் பாடுவேன்
அனைத்தால் கையில் ஆடுவேன்

(அப்படியே ஸ்தாயி இறங்கி)
சலங்கை துள்ளும் ஓசையில்
கலங்கும் கண்னை மாற்றுவேன்

தொடர்ந்து இடையிசையில் சிதார் மற்றும் ஃப்ளுட் உடன் தபேலா. சட்டென்று இவை நின்று (சிவாஜி துப்பாக்கியுடன் ஓடிவரும் காட்சியை காட்டும்போது) வெறும் வயலின் மட்டும், பின்னர் காட்சி மாறி கீதாஞ்சலியின் நடனத்தைக் காட்டும்போது மீண்டும் ஃப்ளூட் மற்றும் தபேலா, மீண்டும் அதே பிட்டை வயலினில் வாசித்து நிறுத்த, சோலோவில் தபேலா, தொடர்ந்து ஜானகியின் நீண்டHUMMING சட்டென்று வயலின் அழுத்தலோடு பாடல் சரணத்துக்குள் நுழைய..... அப்பப்பா என்ன ஒரு இடையிசை....!!!!

பாலின் நிறம் போன்ற அழ்கான பெண்மை
பனியில் விளையாடும் கனிவான மென்மை
எங்கும் பறந்தோடும் இளந்தென்றல் அல்ல
ஏக்கம் வரும்போது எல்லோர்க்கும் சொல்ல

ஆகா... எஸ்.ஜானகியின் குரலில்தான் என்னென்ன மாடுலேஷன்கள். மெட்டமைத்தவர் யார். மெல்லிசை மன்னரல்லவா?

நண்பர் ஐரீன் சொன்னது போல பாடலின் இறுதியில் வரும் நீண்ட வயலின் மற்றும் ஜானகியின் நீண்ட HUMMING படத்தில் இடம் பெற்றிருந்தபோதிலும், சிவாஜி கே.ஆர்.விஜயாவுடன் பேசிக்கொண்டிருக்கும்போது தொலைவில் ஒலிப்பதாக காட்டப் படுவதால், சற்று மாற்றுக் குறைந்து விடுகிறது.

ஸ்ரீதர் ஏன் இப்படி செய்தார் என்பதுதான் விளங்கவில்லை.

இப்பாடலில் கீதாஞ்சலியின் நடனம் கண்ணுக்கு அருமையான விருந்து. அதுவும் ஒரே ஷாட்டில் அவர் சுழன்று சுழன்று ஆடும்போது அருமையோ அருமை.
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I happened to see the programme "Then Kinnam" in Jeya TV. A play back singer of this generation by name Prassanna was giving songs of his choice. By and large almost all the songs he gave was from either MS.Viswanathan or by the duo Shri Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy only. Only three songs from the entire one hour programme was from other music directors. The songs were all gems, ...well selected like Kaalangalil Aval Vasantham, Chinna Chinna Kannanukku, Mayakkama Kalakkama, Nilavey Ennidam Nerungathey, Yenna than nadakkum nadakattumey, Theivam thantha veedu veedhi irukku, Unthan ponnanna kaigal punnagalama. His narration was very nice. He was in full praise for the lyric writer, quality of the lyrics and especially PB.Sreenivas for whom he was of full praise. He had quoted a beautiful number of Illayaraja too in the programme and said "who else knows which cord to play to bring out a beautiful pathos and it is none other than Illayaraja". A person who can make such a statement in praise of Illayaraja, never mentioned the name of Shri M.S.Viswanathan at all in his one hour programme. Even a layman like me could visualise the great difficulties a composer would have underwent to bring out such melodies and wonder at the talents he had exposed. But a play back singer doesnt feel like remembering him or if probably his knowledge and curiosity to know who had composed these songs is poor, then really sad. As a play back singer he ought to know this and show his sense of gratitude to the creators of the songs and it is only them who bring out the best of any singer. But our great MSV does not bother about these silly things. And he keeps ruling.

P. Sankar.
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sankar,

Yes.. I have also listened to 'Thenkinnam' yesterday and his non-mention about the great MSV even once is rediculous. As you have felt, I was also wondering whether this guy never had the knowledge of the creator of the songs he had chosen or he never wanted to mention it purposely for reasons known to him only !

MSV used to say whenever we meet - " Yaar nalla paattu koduthalum vanjamillamal paraattavendum " . - See his greatness !

If this Thenkinnam-artist does not have this decency, he is not a kalaignan and the loss is only for him and not to MSV.

This differential treatment of personalities by many artists in stages and TV shows is bad and it definitely seeds a wrong impression in the minds of present generation that only the current days "Thukkada MDs" are doing wonders.

To put it in Saradha's language " Nonsense".

Ramki

Ram

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice choice Venky...

Really a stunning number... One of the very few songs where MSV has stuck to a single Raga, and this case "Hamsanandi". (How can one forget "Enna Koduppan" another beautiful number in this Raag from "Karnan" by MSV). I have not watched the video until last week and I then realised how much efforts have gone un-noticed. Be it music, dance etc. Anyway that does not reduce this song's greatness in anyway!!!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: WHO'S THE BEST IN THE WORST!!! Reply with quote

Dear All,

Yes, I also watched the Sirappu Then Kinnam anchored by Prasanna-who???? It was really appalling on the part of this singer for not mentioning the name of our Legend inspite of playing majority of the songs from His movies. What do you expect from these people, neither sangeetham nor ingeetham!!! Ironically, these are from the cluster of a self proclaimed lot who do a lot of self marketing before even launching themselves in this career. Our Legend knew only how to create songs that have become an integral part of our lives, and to us we really don't care what these ill equipped (in every sense I mean) men say or don't say. We will carry on with our job of listening to our Master's Creations that never fail to give us a newer dimension every time we listen to a song. What say members????? Prasanna was the least better compared to another character (appeared on this very programme) who described the song - Kannukku Kulamethu sung by P. Susheela from the movie Karnan, and ..... music by K.V. Mahadevan!!! We could only pity these people for, their knowledge is limited. Yet they pretend as if they have mastered music...

Our sympethies for those who have missed out on our Legend's Melodies!!!

MSV SCORES FOREVER!!!

CHEERS!!!

VAIDY
CO-MODERATOR
MSVTIMES.COM

tvsankar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
Naum "Then kinnam" programe parthen. Ungalai polavae feel panninen.

Ennudaiya oru karuthai ingae solli kolla virumbugiren.

Avarudiaya age ai parthal, avaruku msv patri avvalavu therindhu kondiruka vendiya kattayam ilai.

MSV patri engayum adhigam vishayangal kidadithadhu illai.

Ingae naanum solli kolla virumbum oru karuthu.- naan 1963 born aga irundhalum, enaku 70s MSV ai than adhigam theiryum. 60s MSV ai adhigam theriyadhu.Composing vaithu naan kandu pidithu kondalum,

Engayum details kidaithadhu illai.

Net lum avarudiaya padaipugal adhigam parka mudivadhillai.

Inru ulla oru powerful communication nichayam pc dhan.Ingae adhigamana avarudiaya padaipugal kaanavillai.

vasadhigal irundhu avarudiaya padaipugal vaithu kondu irupavargaluku idhu saadharanam dhan.

Anal endha vidhathilo vazhi illadha kaaranathal, niraiya peruku msv in isai enru theirndhu solla mudivadhillai.Anal PADALGAL ELLARUKUM PIIDKUM.

Indha vagaiyai serndhavaraga than Prasanna irundhu iruka vendum.Avar sonna padal ellam MSV aga than iurndhadhu.

Adhanal MSV ku enru irukum indha page il

1. MSV PATRIYA VISHAYANGAL

2. AVARIN MUDHAL PADAM

3.EACH AND EVERY FILM LUM - PADAHTIL ULLA ANITHU PADALGAL

eNRU MSV IN ANAITHU PADAL DETAILS KUM ORU THANI THREAD OPEN SEIDHAL - VARA POGGUM GENERATION KUM MSV AI ADAIYALAM KANDU KOLLA VAITHA ORU PERUMAI INDHA PAGE KU NICHAYAM KIDAIKUM. IDHU EN FEELINGS.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Usha akka and others...

I completely differ with the statement of Usha akka.

A man, who is calling himself as a singer, when he come for this kind of programme, he MUST collect all the details about the songs he is going to play in the programme. If he does not know about them, he MUST get these details from others. Without knowing the details why he want to conduct the programme.

Not only he, but several VIPs (??????) are conducting these prigrammes without mentioning the name of the REAL VIP of those songs.

In Jaya TV, actor Vijay Adhiraj is conducting 'Ragamaaliga' programme. When the participants come to sing a song, he will ask "enna paattu paada pOreenga?". If the participant tells a song of Ilaiyaraja, then he will reply "Oh... Raja sirudaiya excellent composition... paadunga".

If the participants tell a song from other music directors like MSV or KVM, then he will just tell "ok, paadunga". He will never open his mouth about the Music Director of the song. Why...??. He want to put jalra for Ilaiyaraja..??. (I am not degrading Ilaiyaraja, because he did not tell these people not to mention other's name and only to mention his name. He is doing his job).

But these illeterates want to hide others and and only to flash Ilaiyaraja. It is not because of less knowledge about old songs, as said by Ushaji, because he will not mention even present music directors like ARR or Deva, when the students sing their songs. Only "jing...jang" to Ilaiyaraja

Here I want to mention about Madam Vani Jayaram (Niraikudam). When she gave a 'Sirappu Then kinnam', she mentioned about the lyric writer and the Music Director for each and every song, and admired their greatness also. Most of the songs by our Mellisai Mannar only. Oru paattukkuthAn avar peyarai sonnOmE, aduththa pAttukku sollAmal vittuduvOmnu amma vidalai. ovvoru pAttukkum sonnAr. 'MSV sir arumaiyA music panniyirukkirAr' endru vAyAra pugazndhAr. KEtkumbOthu namakku manasu jillunnu Anathu. Not only MSV, she mentioned about Ilaiyaraja, Shanker Ganesh, Vijayabasker, and V.Kumar also.

The same Vanai Jayaram Madam came once for 'Ragamaaliga' programme also. When a girl sung a song, Vani amma asked her

"indha pAttukku yAr music panninAnga theriyuma?"

That girl said "sorry I dont know madam".

Van Jayaram got little angry (that is the only time I saw her face with angry) and replied

"indha pAttu nAn surprisA ungaLukku koduththu pAda sollalai. NeengalA select panni practice pannikittu vandhirukkeenga. appadi varumbOthu summa song mattum practice pannikkittu vandhA pOdhAdhu. adhukku kashtappattavanga yAr endra vivaram ellAm therinjikkanum"

What Vani Madam told is not for that girl only, but for 'Kaththukkuttees' like Prasanna also.

Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear saradhaa

I felt the same way when someone not mentioned about MSV name(or anyother MD name ). This was happened regularly in SUN TV programme conducted by A.V.Ramanan. He never bothered to mention other than IR name. In some cases they use to mention about singer/lyric part but use to forgot about composer. Crazy thing is SUSEELA AMMA PATTU/TMS PATTU/KANNADASAN PATTU /MGR PATTU/SHIVAJI PATTU ETC.

Same guy when they mention about IR songs he will forget singer name/lyricst name etc but it is termed as only IR song. Matter of fact they are not giving same kind of attention to ARR also. MEDIA HYPE.

One more ridiculous thing is in JAYA TV(THULLATHA MANAMUM THULLAM)
they give exclusive adverstisement saying RAJA GEETHAM whenever they sing IR songs. I dont know who is promoting all these nonsense things .

Our MSV songs are still alive without cheap advertisement and will be there for ever. As rightly said by CHO loser is not MSV.

regards
ramesh
tvsankar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saradha,
Ungal kaditha padi parthal - Niraiya per MSV peyarai solvadhu illai.Therindhu kollavum illai. Ok.

Padalai virumbi ketkum Evarum Isai amaipalarai avoid seiya vendum enru ninaika maatargal enru naan nambugiren.

Ippodhum en karuthu idhu dhan - MSV patriya DETAILS ai therindhu kolvadhdu enbadhu kadinamaga than irukiradhu. Indha nilai maari,

MSV IN ANAITHU PADALGALUM - DETAILS UM - INDHA PC YIL KIDAITHAL - NICHAYAM - MSV IN PEYARAI SOLVARGAL.

Adharku indha PAGE NALLA PAALAMAGA IRUKALAM. idhu en feelings.Thats all.

Life il +ve approach enrum - ve approach enrum - irandu vidham irukiradhu.

-ve approach aga eduthu kondu pazhikalam

+ve approach aga eduthu kondal - MSV yin pugazh spread aga enna vazhi enru yosithu seyal padalam.Idhu en personal opinion.Thats all.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Usha

As you have said, the purpose of MSVTIMES.COM to make known to the world the wonders done by MSV in Music and all his creations will get publised in lots as quickly as possible. This will to a great extent tell about our Genius - but ofcourse only those who visit this site and who are computer/Net savvy.

The other point mentioned by other members is that Mr Prasanna, AS A SINGER, who gives a performance in TV. should definitelyknow/find out who the creator of the song is and mention when he talks about a song and it is, ofcourse, his responsibility. If he can tell about one MD and he should tell about others as well. This is what is the point of view of the members.

Now, that the point is well understood by all members, shall we continue with our busiess, switching over to the subject of the page "Pick a Song and Analyse', analyse songs of your choice and tell about it in depth for the benefit of the readers !

Best Regards
Ramki
MSVTIMES CORE CREW

vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: BULLES EYE RAMKI! Reply with quote

Dear Ramki,

You hit the nail at the right spot. Yes, an anchor is a person who is supposed to anchor a programme with indepth detail & knowledge of that show. If a person on such an important show comes & blinks on the screen then the programme is not "Sirappu Then Kinnam", it is "Sirappu Comedy". Hope everyone understands the importance of anchoring a programme. As Sharadha & Ramki had pointed out, no one is against the mentions of any names, but omission is something that is unwarranted. Jaya TV, we hope would do something about it. Now Ramki, back to our business!!!

CHEERS
VAIDY
CO-MODERATOR
MSVTIMES.COM

saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

உஷா அக்கா சொல்வது போல எல்லா விவரங்களையும் இங்கே வெளியிட்டால் மட்டும் பிரசன்னாக்களும், விஜய் ஆதிராஜ்களும், ஏ.வி.ரமணன்களும் அவற்றை தெரிந்து கொண்டு வந்து சொல்லி விடப்போகிறார்களா?.

அவர்களின் நோக்கமே 'இளையராஜாவின் பெயரத் தவிர வேறு யார் பெயரையும் சொல்லி விடக்கூடாது என்பது தானே. அந்நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் பாடக்கூடிய முக்கால்வாசிப் பாடல்கள் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசையில் வந்தது என்பது அவர்களுக்கு தெரியாதா?. அவர்கள் அந்த துறையில் இருப்பவர்கள் தானே.

ஒரு சாதாரண ரசிகன் தெரிந்துகொள்வது என்பது வேறு. இது போன்ற நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்த வருபவர்கள் என்பது வேறு. சாதாரண ரசிகர்கள் தெரிந்து கொள்ளாமல் இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் இதுபோன்ற ப்ரோகிராம் கொடுக்க வருபவர்களுக்கு நிரைய பொறுப்பு இருக்கிறது. பல்வேறு இடங்களில் இருக்கக்கூடிய பல்லாயிரம் ரசிகர்களும் பொது மக்களும் பார்க்கக்கூடிய நிகழ்ச்சி இது.

இதில் வந்து 'நான் இளையராஜாவின் புகழ் மட்டும்தான் பாடுவேன்' என்றால் பூராவும் அவருடைய பாடல்களையே போட்டுபிட்டுப் போகட்டுமே. மற்றவர்களின் புகழை இருட்டடிப்பு செய்வது ஏன்?.

சரி, மெல்லிசை மன்னர்தான் அந்தகாலத்து ஆள், அவரைப்பற்றி தெரியாது என்று (ஒரு வாதத்துக்கு) வைத்துக்கொண்டாலும் கூட, இன்றைய இசையமைப்பாளர்களின் பாடல்கள் வரும்போது கூட, ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமானையோ, தேவாவையோ, வித்யாசாகரையோ பற்றி ஒரு வார்த்தை சொல்வதில்லை. அப்படீன்னா இது திட்டமிட்டு செய்யப்படுவது தானே.

அவர்களுக்கு ஒரு வார்த்தை.......

மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பெயரைக் குறிப்பிட மனமில்லாவிட்டால், அவருடைய பாடல்களை விட்டுடுங்கப்பா. "உங்க ஆள்" பாடல்களை மட்டும் போட்டு, அவரை வானளாவ புகழ்ந்து நிகழ்ச்சியை முடித்துக் கொள்ளுங்கள்.

A HUMBLE REQUEST TO MODERATORS, PLEASE DONT DELETE THIS MESSAGE. IT IS A PAIN OF A 'THEEVIRA' MSV FAN.
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

As a person who had started the discussion of "Thenkinnam" subject, I would like to reiterate my views further.

I dont fully agree with what Saradha madam says,... I do not believe that people are hiding the names of MSV by any ulterior motive. Shri MSV was very very humble through out his life, appreciating the talents everywhere and on any stage and in any given opportunity. There are umpteen areas where we have seen MSV appreciating TMS, Kannadhasan, PBS, Vaali, Shivaji, MGR, Susheela, SPB and all. But we have not seen these much appreciations by other music directors like Illayaraja talking in praise of others. But in turn we only heard others praising him and he mantained a grim silence all over. He was keeping all his thoughts of praise within himself probably. But our MSV being himself a great RASIGAN (He had written an autobiography in Anandha vikatan 12 years back named "Naanum oru Rasigan"), had appreciated every one and the songs were being labelled after the lyric writers, actors and singers. I think that could be an apt reason why his songs became the properties of lyricwriters, singers and actors, whoever had outscored amongst themselves.

But at the same time I totally disagree with what Usha madam says: Can't a man ..sorry..no he is just not a man, but a play back singer,who can appreciate so much about the melody and song composition, would not show interest to know who has composed this song? Justifying by telling that there is very little evidence is unacceptable. You get to know a lot about current politics and about the political parties by reading the daily newspapers and by seeing the media news channels. At the same time you wont see the history of Indian political struggle in the daily papers on a daily basis. But anybody interested would definitely get all the informations in no time. Similarly a person who is doing playback singing could get all informations about old songs in no time. I was born in 1969 October only. Not of MSV age and all. Music does not run in my blood. I dont know anything about Raga or any fundamentals of it. Nobody in my family is in singing or in music for generations. But it is only the curiousity and a sense of gratitude which makes us to see who has developed this melody and how he had done it . Even if there was not any motive, Prasanna's ignorance is unjustifiable.

P. Sankar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: