"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kavithai on MSV on MSV-Flash back Invite
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All

You have rekindled my memories about this song 'Raajavin Paarvai'. So I have mede a separate posting in the section 'Pick a song and analyse'. Please see that.

N Y MURLAI
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Shankar,
No harm in addressing someone as a Doctor irrespective of the actuals. For your kind information , I am no Doctor either though I have helped many for their Theses with precise editing and Discussion on varied topics. That does not confer on me the right of assumption to be among the Grand analysts or among the best writers.
Coming to my observation on MSV at the time of 'anvE vA", I do not suggest that he was finding it hard. My feeling is, even the most accomplished in any field would find it a little unusual when [s]he is looked upon to prove a point. Further going by my long familiarity to MSV's approach to his profession, wherein he begins every piece as if it is the day one of his life in composing a song. Infact, if you go by the title lyric for the on-going TV episodes "ENDRUM MSV" in Mega TV, there is a submission that 'though I have composed many songs, this is my first song'. Also , I can draw attention to the fact that at no stage in his career , even as the uncrowned monarch of the TFM he used to dismiss the requests of Producers and Directors even at his personal inconvenience. To substantiate this information, I remember an incident for the actor-Director Bhagyaraj with MSV as the MD. On a given day MSV was making tunes that did not satisfy Mr.K.B raj. He wanted MSV to finish the work that day itself. MSV did it and left the scene. KB raj came to know that there was a very serious problem for MSV back home and keeping it aside he honoured the needs of the Director. The times of the incident was When MSV was Numero Uno and KBR was a beginner. You may say that MSV is duty conscious. If only MSV had spoken of his predicament, certainly none can insist , as music has to emerge from a peaceful mind. My point here is "Any one conscious of quality would always seek the blessings of Divinity because the individual is aware of the role of the Ultimate in everyone of our deeds". With all these parameters if you consider the background situation in "anbe vA" you may recognize the idea that MSV would have submitted himself to the rigours of demand - not to mean in the least that he was groping for ideas.
Thank you , With warm regards Prog.K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: