"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ENDRUM MSV IN MEGA TV TODAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: ENDRUM MSV IN MEGA TV TODAY Reply with quote

ILLAKKANAM MARUDHO ILLAYAKKIYAM AANADHO?

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SONG. THE 4 CHARANAMS TELLS THE STORY OF PERSONS PERCEPTION TOWARDS THEIR OPPOSITE COMPANIAN.

BRILLANT LYRICS AND SUPERB COMPOSITION.

MSV EXPLAINED HOW DIRECTOR K BALACHANDER EXPLAINED THE SITUAION TO HIM. MSV SAID HE COULD LITERALLY SEE THE PICTURE THAT IS LIKELY TO BE SHOT IN THE FUTURE. THAT IS HOW DIRECTOR EXPLAINED HE SAID. AND ONCE HE AND KANNADASAN FINISHED THE SONG HE SAID NOW DIRECTOR KB COULD VISUAVLISE HOW PAWERFUL THE SCENE WOULD BE IN THE MOVIE. IN FACT THE SONG CONVEYED THE WHOLE STORY OF THE MOVIE IN JUST ONE SONG ITSELF.

N Y MURALI
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sri SRS,
Thanks for your reply. The song ‘Aagayappandalile’ is one of the brilliant compositions by our master. I read in a magazine 25 years back that this song has a unique feature. That is this song has been recorded with maximum no of violins next only to ‘Enge Nimmadhi’.

The opening of the prelude itself is brilliant with an instrument (I do not know what instrument it is) with group violin combination followed by shenoy piece which give the tune before the pallavi starts. The interlude before the first charanam has been brilliantly formed again by group violins and PS humming. The best interlude is the before the second charanam with shenoy and followed by the unknown instrument with sitar piece.

And what a pleasant ending by PS humming. A typical trade mark of MSV.

I have seen this movie when it was released but forgotten the whole story. I have heard this song probably 2 or 3 times in the past 5 years. But the moment you mentioned about this song without even hearing this song I played this in my keyboard today morning. Such is the power of MSV composition that once it enters your heart then there is no need for tape recorder or radio. You can hear yourself in your mind tape recorder.

And the song is composed in the raga ‘karaharapriya’

Regards,

N Y MURALI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: