"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE BOOK HAS TAKEN SHAPE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: THE BOOK HAS TAKEN SHAPE Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram, Core crew members and all forum friends,

With a sense of happiness and humility, I inform all of you that

the efforts I have been at, has fructified in the form of a book addressing

varied facets of Sangeetha Saraswathy Shri. MSV. Aspects of his

biography do not figure in this collection as these are available in various

sources. Only perceptions portraying his genius as a composer have

been presented. All the information assembled here have only been from

the postings of our members at the forum of www.msvtimes.com.

This kind of a compilation, I believe is a unique honour that only MSV

would enjoy among all his clan from the industry. That the perceptions

are Global in every sense of the term is a tribute to the legend.

1 I had to bring in all my experience to 'formulate' the book's

assemblage. As you know, most postings have come about from

individuals on their own taste and volition, with no centralized dictates on

the topics or aspects or items to be referred to.

2 Writings vary in styles, choice of words and in priorities over

the sequence of placing facts. As Editor, I had to sustain uniform style of

writing without depriving any writer of his / her contentions on the

topics. Necessarily, I had to float ideas in a style that would sail

comfortably in all parts of the globe where Fnglish operates. Some writers

proved easy, leaving no effort for me, except the editorial alignments

or 'Trim down and resume' method, making it simpler to read on.

3 Wherever Grammar or usage had to be toned up, the same

has been done without disturbing the spirit of the writing by any author.

4 A fair number of pieces have been brought into English by

translating those , as they all conveyed substantial information.

5 Some pieces could not be availed of now ; but they would

find utility in our later projects.

6. The idea has been to offer an expansive territory so that

understanding the legend is more comprehensive though not complete.

7 The real problem in works of this kind relate

to "Classifying" items for their placement of relevance. Some strategies

of organizing the lay out have been attempted.

8 As one goes reading, progressive complexity of details

would be encountered as is the usual mode of planning a text from

peripherals to fathoms; The winding up stretches cater to light reading

but indicate the alacrity of our authors in spotting variety.

9 All the important personalities on MSV orchestra but

deceased since, have been duly remembered at the tail end of the book;

Indices for authors and subject are appended in true spirit of

an 'organized presentation' to help locating a topic, at the closing

segment.

10 These are the items in Section-II English and Tamil

pieces form the Section I . Enough guidelines for Editing Tamil pieces

have been discussed and care taken to avoid repeats in both sections.

11 Though care and attention have been bestowed, there

would always be scope for improvement. If so, pardon me for such

inadequacy and none else can share the blame.

12 My broad summarizing these here has a purpose that

all who have clear ideas must open specihic threads for topics of their

choice and post them only there, so that for compilation one need to

study the entire website, besides losing some pieces that figure in the

most unexpected spot. If all of us adopt this work discipline, planning and

executing so many projects from these writings would be both enjoyable

and rewarding.

I thank every one of you for all the inputs and the site

administrators for giving me this golden opportunity to be of 'some use'

towards MSV's cause. Glad that I could honour my deadline 31-12-2008

for finalizing the English section. Currently checking for punctuations,

spellings [ British version] are on. When the book emerges in Print, kindly

buy at least a copy each and propagate the values of MSV's Music.

BOOK TITLE : Hold on, it is a suspense, certainly not this title.

Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Madurai
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof

waiting for that visva natham and the book release shouild have atleast a small function which naturally will attract the media and the focus of reaching might be better
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great preamble, Prof, about the MSVForumBook, you have been working on all these days with all sincerity !!

We are all eagerly waiting to see the final form of the book, carrying the souls of MSVyans of this fabulous site ( carrying their names too !).

The suspense on the title of the books, really kills us !

Together we will make the book release a great event !

Regards
Ramki

Note : REQUEST YOU TO ASK FOR A PHOTOGRAPH OF ALL WRITERS AND THEIR BRIEF CV FOR PUBLISHING IN THE BOOK AGAINST THIER ARITICLES,

RAMKI
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: The BOOK HAS TAKEN SHAPE Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Ramki,
Thank you for your response about the Book. As early as nov. 2008, I had requested details of members so as to avail it of in the prelude for their pieces. SADLY ONLY THREE RESPONDED. With so much of Editorial difficulties, I had to assemble the articles under acceptable packages called chapters. Now, the text format has been laid out. At this stage, if photos are to be added, it may dislocate the structure. I am not against any one's photo appearing. But, if people do not respond in time, then the project will have to wait for the blessings of a few individuals. Also, we may have to cross check the photo representing the right person. At best, we may open a double spread after Tamil section before the section II English , so that the textual pages need not be touched at all. I am nervous about the whole effort because, even if one member fails to respond, the label of partisan attitude may have to be borne by us for no fault of us. PLEASE THINK SEVERAL TWICES before calling for such inputs, because people are so casual even in making their data of personal profile available for genuine purpose. Under such circumstances it is very difficult to expect things to happen on schedule. The solution for the future is to accommodate every member only with an attested copy of photo ID so that we can make use of the photo for such publication purposes. Now, things have to happen at Printer's desk. May be we need to locate a co-ordinator who can gather the photos by a call and help the printer to create a couple of pages to accommodate the photos of contributors. Please do not mistake me as dampening the thought, honestly I am presenting the ground reality.
The concept of photo ID of members is not a bad idea and can be slowly added to the members list as and when photos come to the core crew in an approproately defined format at the back to avoid wrong matches.
Thank you , Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof,
That was a great start in the new year 2009.
The preface of the book looks great.

I am (all of us) very much looking forward.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof/ core crew

pls advs the releasing date

ideally , when the book exhibition goes on .
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor Sir,

I am very thrilled to hear that you have completed the mammoth task of writing your book on Mellisai Chakravarthy, Sangeetha Saraswathy MSV. This is the best news of the New Year so far. I can understand how difficult it would have been for you to compile all the information, given that there so many threads and significant 'cross over' of topics and discussions. But it is indeed the good fortune of MSV devotees that there is an able writer like yourself in the forum. I cannot wait to see the book. Whilst I fully appreciate that I myself have not contributed much if anything to the postings on this website, I am one of the many who read all the writings and feel happy that my Musical Icon is being adored by lots of people.

Over the years, apart from being a fan of MSV, I have also been a fan of few actors/actresses, directors and singers etc. As I got older, my perspective changed and my admiration for some of them has diminished with time. But the one thing that has not changed is my affection for and idolatry of Sangeetha Saraswathy Shri MSV. In fact my appreciation and reverence for him has only gone from strength to strength and will continue to do so as I age. However, I must admit that I am guilty of not propagating my veneration for this Musical Giant beyond the confines of my close family and friends. Your book ( and the Tamil version of course)based on the writings of MSVians, might encourage more people to get involved and open their hearts , so that the wider world acknowledges the great feats of this Living God of Music.

I sincerely thank yourself and the Core Crew of MSV Times for this laudable effort.

With sincere regards,
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: The BOOK HAS TAKEN SHAPE Reply with quote

Dear Dr,
Thank you so much for the encouraging words about the book. Certainly, it was a task trying to put varied items under appropriate slots referred to as chapters so as to abide by the tradition of the structure for a book. Still I can not feel secure saying that exact alignment has been achieved. God has been kind enough to make me attempt an assembly that somewhat 'consolidates' the profile of MSV as a composer. In this effort, I have availed of whatever I felt 'relevant' for the project. I may be wrong in my judgement but I have tried to be honest. Some of the pieces have been used in part just to highlight a perception without making it appear that things are forcibly presented. My only prayer is God should bless us to carry things forward and provide occasions to bring out every other facet and piece that reveals the glory of this composer.
My request is 'kindly do not single me out or segregate saying it is my work. It is our work as every one of us has contributed'. That I happen to edit those pieces means only one thing. God has given me the time and andambience to do it, whether or not I am endowed with the skills matching the job. Since, I have approached the task with the due reverence for such attempts, I trust the Almighty bestows on us the blessings to carry further and provides the occasion for all of us to rejoice. I am grateful to everyone who gave me this wonderful opprtunity. More of it later.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Current status of the book Reply with quote

மெ. ம அவ்ர்களின் அரிய தளத்தின் இனிய நண்பர்களே, வணக்கம் பல அனைவர்க்கும்.

நமது கூட்டு முயற்சியால் வடிவெடுத்துள்ள நூல், அச்சு வாசகர் கரங்களில் தவழும் நாள் நெரூங்கிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது. இம்முயற்சியில் எனக்கு வாய்ப்பளித்த தள மேலாளர்களுக்கும், அன்பர்களுக்கும் நன்றி பராட்டும் தருணம் இது. தாஙள் அனைவரும் எண்ணங்களை கொட்டிகுவித்ததனால் அல்லவா இஃது சாத்தியமாயிற்று- உஙளுக்கு எனது மனமார்ந்த நன்றி.நமது தளத்தின் புது வரவு திருமதி.மாலதி முரளி அவர்களின் பங்களிப்பு[நூலின் தமிழ் பகுதிக்கு] நமது மகிழ்ச்சிக்கும், பாராட்டிற்கும் உரியது.உண்மையிலேயே, இவற்றை தொகுப்பதில் சில சிக்கல்களை பல முறை எதிர்கொண்டு பண்பட்டவர்கள் ஆனோம். அதற்க்கும் எமது நன்றி. நூலின் பதிப்பு பணிகள் விரைந்து ஈடேரிட நம் அனவரின் பங்களிப்பும் பல வடிவங்களில் தேவைப்படலாம், எனவே இது குறித்த உதவிகளில் தேவை ஏற்படின் அறிவிப்பு வெளியாகும்.அன்பர்கள் பொறுமையுடன் காத்திருக்கவும். நிற்க. நூலின் முற்பகுதி தமிழில் 5 பிரிவுகளிலும் , பிற்பகுதி ஆஙிலத்தில் 10 பிரிவுகளிலுமாக வடிவமைக்கபெற்றுள்ளது. இதர்க்குமேல் இப்போதைக்கு வேண்டாம் என உள்மனம் அறிவுருத்த நன்றியுடன் விடைபெருகிறேன். அன்பன் கே.ராமன் மதுரை.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: