"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ENGIRUNDHO AASIGAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: ENGIRUNDHO AASIGAL Reply with quote

I think I am not the right person to describe this GEM(may be Balaji or Sharada ). But I want to share what I feel whenever I heard this tune. one of my friend rightly said ENTHA TUNE ENGIRUNDHU VANDHADHU(showed his hands towards sky).

Yes Amazing duet . Song starts with our MSV'S Accordion(yes this instrument belongs to MSV. )supported with flute and same tune will be repeated with violin(you may not able to listen this in AIR).Perfect start for this rare tune.

PS starts with high pitch ENGIRUNDHU AASIGAL ENNATHILE OOSIGAL ENNDRU SOLLA THERIYAMALE followed by brief spell of drums/violin .

TMS: very softly AASAI VARUM VAYATHU UNDHAN VAYATHU here MSV will give slight accordion support blends very nicely .PESUM ILLA MANADHU ENDHAN MANADHAU jumps to slightly high pitch AADAVAN PARVAYIL AAIYRAM IRUKKUM ends with mildly ENNENNA SUGAM VARUMO DEVI.

TMS repeats again ENGIRUNTHO AASIGAL quite long rendition before interlude.

MSV mainly used Trumphut in the interlude which gives new dimension to the song. Throughout the song only mild instrument support .
Song ends with melodious humming from TMS&PS. especially in the end
when PS hums LAALA LA OOOO OOOO .

ANOTHER RARE BEAUTY FROM OUR MSV.

regards
ramesh
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramesh

Start prelude itself is a scintillating Accordion, violin and what not !

Amazing tune . Too too much melody Very Happy

Improvisation at its best . Listen to every sentence, as PS repeats.

Engirundhoooooooo aaasaigaaaaaaaal !

As I oberved in another song, when TMS goes to the higest pitch for SANDHITHADHOR PAARVAIGAL......
in a flash, comes down to THITHIDHADHOR... NINAIVUGAL..

Mayyalai solla theriyaamale !

And that sudden lalala by PS to end the song ! Tremendrous

Vow. I cant describe any further about this song . Very Happy

Total surrender before Thalaivar Smile
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Great song! Reply with quote

One of the best examples for Guitar rhythms. (Pachai Maram Ondru can be one more and definitely there are more) Good writeup, dear Ramesh!

The guitaist would have happily played, which can be "felt" in that song. The charanam is the highlight of this song and Balaji has quoted the beauty spots perfectly. I quote Balaji's words again:
Quote:
Total surrender before Thalaivar

saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramesh and Balaji........

'எங்கிருந்தோ ஆசைகள்....' (சந்திரோதயம்)

அருமையான தேர்வு. என்றென்றைக்கும் மனதில் நிற்கும் அற்புதமான பாடல்.

இதில் ஒரு முக்கிய விசேஷம் என்ன தெரியுமா?

ஆம், பாடல் முழுக்க....
நோ தபேலா
நோ பாங்கோஸ்
நோ டிரம்ஸ்
நோ மிருதங்கம்

மொத்தத்தில் தாள வாத்தியமே கிடையாது.

அக்கார்டியனில் துவங்கும் PRE-LUDE முதல், பல்லவி, INTER-LUDE, சரணம், கடைசியில் பாடல் முடியும் HUMMING என்று எதிலுமே தாளமே கிடையாது.

நாற்பது ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன் நினைத்துப் பார்க்க முடியுமா (சந்திரோதயம் - 1966) இப்படி ஒரு சாதனையை (ACHIEVEMENT) சோதனையை. (EXPERIMENT)...?.

இந்தக்காலத்தில் சின்னதாக ஒரு விஷயம் செய்து விட்டாலே, ஒரு மீடியா, ஒரு டி.வி.சேனல் பாக்கி விடாமல் 'தையா, தக்கா/ என்று குதிக்கும் மனிதர்கள் மத்தியில், எப்படிப்பட்ட சாதனைகளையெல்லாம் படைத்து விட்டு பூனை மாதிரி இருக்கிறாரே இந்த அப்பாவி மனிதர்....!!!!!!!.

நம் அப்பன், பெரியப்பன், சித்தப்பன்களுக்கு இந்தப்பாடலின் இசைச்சிறப்பைப் பற்றியோ, எப்படி அது இசையமைக்கப் பட்டுள்லது என்பது பற்றியோ தெரியுமா?. அல்லது தெரிந்துகொள்ள விரும்பினார்களா?. அவர்களுக்கு தெரிந்தது 'இது எம்.ஜி.ஆர்.பாட்டு" (என்னமோ அவரே எழுதி, இசையமைத்து, பாடியது போல). 'எங்கே நிம்மதி' என்பது சிவாஜி பாட்டு.
நான்சென்ஸ்...

இதோ பாடலைக்கேட்டு மகிழுங்கள்:
EngirundhO AsaigaL (CahndrOdhayam)
http://www.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=153590
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

நோ தபேலா
நோ பாங்கோஸ்
நோ டிரம்ஸ்
நோ மிருதங்கம்
மொத்தத்தில் தாள வாத்தியமே கிடையாது.

அக்கார்டியனில் துவங்கும் PRE-LUDE முதல், பல்லவி, INTER-LUDE, சரணம், கடைசியில் பாடல் முடியும் HUMMING என்று எதிலுமே தாளமே கிடையாது.

நாற்பது ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன் நினைத்துப் பார்க்க முடியுமா (சந்திரோதயம் - 1966) இப்படி ஒரு சாதனையை (ACHIEVEMENT) சோதனையை. (EXPERIMENT)...?.

Dear Saradhaa
Excellent and Valid points. ONLY MSV CAN DO.

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:28 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.ramesh, mrs.saradha, mr.balaji

your alliance done a wonderful analysis about

engirundho aasaigal
ennathile osaigal

what a song, what a compossing.

as saradja madam rightly said, our people branded such kind of beautiful songs as m.g.r.songs and shivaji songs, without any musical taste.

present musicians, they have wonderful musical fans, alas no talents except 'dandanakka...dandanakka..'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: