"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LYRICS - KAMBAN YEMANDHAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: LYRICS - KAMBAN YEMANDHAN Reply with quote

HAI EVERY BODY

KAMBAN YEMAANDAN

THE GREATNESS OF THIS SONG IS THE WAY KANNADASAN BOASTING HIMSELF OF COURSE INDIRECTLY. I WILL TELL YOU HOW.
THE SITUATION OF THE SONG IS TO DESCRIBE A YOUNG WOMAN WHO IS A VERY IRRITATING CHARACTER (SIDUMOONCHI). SO THE HERO HAS TO DESCRIBE HER.SO STARTS THE SONG

KAMBAN YEMANDHAN.

WHY KAMBAN YEMANDHAN? .
BECUASE HE HAD DESCRIBED WOMAN TO BE ALWAYS LIKE A FLOWER, WHERE AS THIS WOMAN IS VERY HARD.

SO KAMBAN YEMANDHAN.

THE DESCRIPTION GOES ON LIKE THIS. BUT THE GENIOUS OF KANNADASAN WOULD BE REVEALED IN THE 3RD CHARANAM. HE DESCRIBES LIKE THIS

'VALLUVAN ILANGO BHARATHI YENDRORU VARISAIYAI NAAN KANDEN"

YAAR KANDAAR?, THE HERO KANDAR. NO NO KANNADASAN KANDAAR.

THE NEXT LINE IS THE PUNCH LINE

[i]ANDHA VARISAIYIL ULLAVAR MATTUMALLA ADA! NAANUM YEMAANDHEN[/i]

YAAR YEMAANDHAR?. THE HERO YEMAANDAR. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

KANNADASAN YEMAANDHAR.

IN JUST 2 LINES HE CATEGORISED HIMSELF TO THE LEGEND LYRIC WRITTERS LIKE KAMBAN VALLUVAN, ILANGO, AND BHARATHI

IF ANYBODY ASK KANNADASAN "ARE YOU BOASTING YOURSELF ?

HE WILL SAY "NO NO IT IS THE HERO WHO SAYS SO FOR THAT SITUATION"

WHAT A WAY TO CONNECT A CINE SITUATION TO THE REAL LIFE. THAT IS KANNADASAN

REGARDS

N Y MURALI
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Murali,
Excellent observation.
For a change, you have analysed the lyrics, rather than the music! But your analysis of the lyrics is as meticulous, as your analysis of the music.

Kavignar is a great admirer of Kamban. In fact,I heard that initially, he was an athiest (his origins were in DK/DMK) Annadurai wrote a book called 'Kamba rasam' highlighting the 'srungaara rasam' of Kamban, not in an appreciative manner but in a derogatory manner. Kavignar, being an athiest started reading Kamban to dig out sometning like Anna had done. But he was overwhelmed by Kamban's poetry and devotion to Rama that he was transformed into a believer! He changed his name to Kannadaasan. (He did not call himself Ramadasan, perhaps because there was one Ramadoss (Samartha Rmadoss of Bhadrachalam) already but more likely because, as a romaticist,he preferred Krishna to Rama!

So, Kavignar often refers to Kamban in his poems. 'Kamban Kanda Seethai unthan thaay allavaa (Kallellaam - Alaya Mani), 'Kambanai Kooppidngal, Seethaiyai kaanbaan (Megaththai Dhoodhu vittu - Paattum Bharathamum) are a few examples. As a school boy, I would discuss film songs (both lyrics and music) with my younger brother. I would tell him, 'Kannadasanaal Kambanai vambukku izhukkaamal irukka mudiyaathu!'

In 'Senthaazham poove' (Mullum Malarum), he says, ' malayai ththazhuvum thendral kaattru, Kamban seitha varnanai. Pattam thara thedugindren,enge antha naayagan?'

As a humble observer, I have found parallels between Kamban and Kannadasan. In my opinion, to the extent I have browsed through several poems in my schhol books, I find that Kanaadasan is the only one who can match Kamban's style. Bhaarathiyaar is a great poet but his style is different.

It is only appropriate that he had an equally great musical genius to tune his songs so that his songs would have eternity like Kamban's poetry.

P R Swami (parthavi)
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR PARTHAVI,
I AGREE WITH YOU. I WANTED TO DO POSTING IN ALL THE VAROIUS HEADS AVL IN THE DISCUSSION FORUM. I HAVE A VERY BAD HABIT WHEN I HEAR A SONG. THAT IS I WONT LISTEN TO THE LYRICS. MY CONCETRATION WOULD BE ON THE SOUND PROUCED BY OUR GREAT MASTER. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. MOST OF THE TIME I PRONOUNCE WRONG WORDS. HOWEVER THIS LYRIC IS SO POWERFUL THAT IT ATTRACTED EVEN MY ATTENTION.

I FEEL YOU ARE VERY STRONG IN ANYSINSING THE LYRICS. YOU MUST WRITE NEW POSTING ABOUT LYRICS AO THAT PEOPLAE LIKE ME CAN SEE, ENJOY AND APRRECIATE THE GREATNESS OF LYRIC WRITERS LIKE THE GREAT KANNADASAN AND VALI.

REG

N Y MURALI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: