"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ENRENDRUM MSV IN MEGA TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome sir.

i also enjoyed that programme and almost all the judges had told great about master and particularly shailaja and srinivas felt it and said it

she also told that she is so relieved when she hears the music of our master .

how true it is. our life is attached with his music and songs and am glad that we live in his age .

we are inspired by his songs which has no expiry .

a film documentary on our master a bigger one is needed for the generations to come
Venkat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Parthavi,

Hearty welcome.
You started with a nice piece of info. A very beautiful write-up.

But what surprises me is that your joined date shows as 14-Jan-2007 which is almost 2 years.
This forum needs such write-ups from senior persons like you.
Please do post frequently.

Regarding, the ENDRUM MSV program in Mega TV, it is repeated every Saturday 8:00 PM.

Please see this link: http://www.msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1805
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the fold Mr Parthavi

Re Aram - songs - i really cannot recolelect the THee song .

but regarding Aram songs , i could remember what KD said about KRRamaswamy - it seemed , he sang a song starting , NAAn Paada Mattaen - and after that he had never sung -that really forced kaviaarasu
not to use these Aram songs - so i donot who wrote this thee song - must be Kd only , as it was balajee movie .

other incident that came to my memory - is TMS 's NAAN ORU RAASI ILLA RAAJA- i have read TMS ,saying , singing this song could have brought him down .

Regarding the AIR tel Super singer contest on Vijay TV between 9 -10

though i joined in the middle of the programme ,
this round is called RETRO rounds
Most interesting thing is thats for the song s between the years 70-80
on that day 3 out of 4 sang Msv creations .
(sharathaji , balajis should be happy .
1) Unnakenae melay nindrai
2) SAMBHO SIVA SAMBHO
3) ENGAYUM EPPOTHUM

during the execution of songs

Shailaja said , no one can believe MSV is 75 +, looking at his enthusiam
(thats the time i got into the programme ). in composing as well as in recording ., if we see him at work , his involvement and enthu would get in to any one who is there -SATHIYAMMANA ORU VARTHAI

SRINIVAS - said its very difficult to sing like mSV , and any thing Close means you have done a Nice job - thats when Unni said , probably MSV would not even thought on the sangathis , when he sang Sambho and he would naturally got them when fingers on harmonium, and song is recording .

srinivas also , explained on MSV stamp in that song .

i second you , many are singing now old songs , because of one plain truth , one's talent is exposed , with great lyric+ good melody . Present day songs are only meaningless lyrics with mettalic noises .

i also happened to watch this week ennodu paatu padungal where SAsi kala was the judge .
To one of the contestant , SPB , and Sasikala , said that How MSV , cannot put up with sruthi loss or wrong pronounciation .
Infact SPB , and sasikala , confided , that the were also slapped for their mistakes By MSV(SPB , also added , after beating , and the recording , he said , MSV would sob

thats shows the involvement

In that show , the person , who won , sang GANGAI , YAMUNAI , INGUTHAN SANGAMAM . Contestant balaji sang very well .

I would conclude MSV rules , as ever ,
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear fellow MSVians,
I am fascinated to read your narration of this TV programme with a 'mouth watering 'expresson on my face- like a hungry man would listen to the menu of arusuvai samayal. I only hope that some day, these episodes will find their way to You Tube so that people like me can also watch them.

Please keep up the good work.

With regards,
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: How to Register? Reply with quote

Deat Mr.Parthavi,
We are delighted to have your views here, as you represent that age segment which has had the advantage of MSV evolution and TF revolution as events of golden value. What ever the reasons for your silence all these days, we take it as a studied silence to organize your contribution before taking a plunge in to the ocean of MSV. Please keep posting your views, under the different threads and enthuse us.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Madurai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: How to Register? Reply with quote

Dear Dr, Damodharan Pachaiyappan,
In view of your overseas assignmet and pattern of life, you are unable to receive "Mega TV" schedule 'Endrum MSV' at 10 am on Sundays - an 1 hr event -quite liberal considering the tendency of making 30 minute pieces. Instead of waiting for some one to bring out the pieces, may I suggest some method. Kindly request your close friends or relatives in Chennai to record these pieces on CDs so that it will add your collection to be rejoiced at leisure. I do not have recording facility; oteherwise, I would myself have done it.
MY REQUEST TO MEMBERS OF CORE CREW, KINDLY ARRANGE TO RECORD THIS ON CDs so that it gets documented, since it is a different kind of approach to get clarifications from MSV himself. Hope I am not burdening you people. Our request for Chennai people is compelled because, at other parts of TN powercuts deprive even watching the programme. So, please try to build our archieves.
Thank you all.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
parthavi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome messages. Though I joined the forum in Jan 2007 and have been reading the messages, I had not participated in the posts for a few reasons. First of all, I didn't get the confirmation message for a long time. Only a couple of moths back, I got the msg after some efforts. Secondly, I had a problem with the links. I mainly use firefox and I found that the links were not opening. I thought the website was not fully developed. Only recently I noticed that this site works only with Internet Explorer. When I got the links opened using IE, I was fascinated by the treasure of video and audio wealth inside.

I was desperate to get a ticket for MSV's piano concert. It was only after the event was over that I came to know that you were giving tickets to members! I look forward to the videos being uploaded to the site. Or, if the DVDs are going to be sold, I can buy it. Pl let me know.

I also read about the MSVtimes second anniversary only in the papers. So, I had missed another mega event! Again, looking for videos.

Hereafter I will be in regular touch and post my views.

I am concerned about several beautiful numbers of MSV, which are not being broadcast/telecast or not appreciated enough.

One is a stunning number from 'Ethirkaalam,' a flop movie, no doubt. (Incidentaly MSV has given memorable music to some of the most unsuccessful moviels like 'Selva Magal' - Kuyilaaga naan irundhenna is a class of its own, Nimirndhu nil ('oththaiyadi paathaiyile' and 'avan ninaniththanaa idhu nadakkum endru') The song is 'Mounamthaan pesiyatho.' Though I hear this song occassionally on Kalaignar TV in Thenum Paalum (9am to 10 am, Mon-Fri),it is notbeing mentioned or discussed by 'experts' and 'connoisseurs' of film music. What a song - what lyrics, what a tune and what a background music! I don't have much knwledge about ragaas etc.. The only word I can use to describe this song is 'perfect.' Perfect because it cannot be improved upon (even by MSV, if I may say so!) People with knwledge of Raggas can analyze this song.

Another forgotten piece is, 'Iraivanukkum pattezhudhum aasai vandhadhu. ' I think this song is from 'Odum nadhi,' another superflop movie. I think Kannadaasan and MSV had poured their hearts into this song, which compares a song to a woman.

I remember there were two beautiful songs from a film called 'oru kodiyil iru malargal,' one sung by Yesydoss and the other probably by Susila (I am not sure.) I hae forgotten these songs. This film was released in the 70s - around 76-77. I have seen this film. MSV appears in the film as MSV. He visits the jail and sings a song 'Uppu thinnavan thanni kudippaan. Thappu sithavan dhandanai kolvaaan.' He introduces the song as written by Vaali. But I am referring to two other songs, which were popular at that time.

I am not sure, whether MSV Times is already doing it but if we are not, we should have all MSV songs recorded and preserved. We can take the help from the gentleman who has recorded all Tamil film songs from the first talkie Kalidas onwards.
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seeing advertisment in DAILY THANTHI almost daily about MSV programme (Flash back MSV)scheduled on this sunday at Royapettah ground. I think VASANTH TV also sponsoring the event.
This prog will be aired in VASANTH TV in near future. Pl announce this in site incase any one of you come across.

Thanks

ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Ananthu finished singing MAYAKAMA KALAKAMA song we could see tears in prog compilor eyes. He told ENNA MATHIRI TUNE (NOT EXACT WORD)POTTRIKINGA and he could not able to come out of the song.
He requested MSV to give THULLAL song so that he can change his mood.

TRUE MSV TUNE WILL MAKE EVERY ONE TO CRY/LAUGH/SLEEP WHEREVER AND WHATEVER PLACE WE ARE.

regards
ramesh
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Ananthu finished singing MAYAKAMA KALAKAMA song we could see tears in prog compilor eyes. He told ENNA MATHIRI TUNE (NOT EXACT WORD)POTTRIKINGA and he could not able to come out of the song.
He requested MSV to give THULLAL song so that he can change his mood.

TRUE MSV TUNE WILL MAKE EVERY ONE TO CRY/LAUGH/SLEEP WHEREVER AND WHATEVER PLACE WE ARE.

regards
ramesh
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ramesh,
I too saw the banner of what you mentioned, Flashback MSV.
But I don't know the complete details.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi friends

I know , i am little delayed in this posting .And some parts have been already wondered many of our Forum members , But what is still not come in , i am writting :
EPISODE started with title music in the same tune as IRAIVAN VARUVAN , but in praise of MSV .

then came out Thenin Inimai , Malligai Manam (in the words of athavan
POOMALAYIL ORU MALLIGAI

then Athavan pointed out that MSV has Neerin Gunam

MSv is as ignorant as he is known , asked the meaning , then came out

the reason - water has got the tendency to get adopted to where it is like wise Msv was very successful with all leading personalities like Bandulu, KB ,Sridhar,Mgr and shivaji .

As you all guessed it - the reason for the success is -story , situation , characterisation , and team work . as per the legend.

Msv also added , till he gets satisfied , he never okays a song . and he is confident that public would be satisfied , once he is -

he said - VIZHIA KATHAI EZHUTHU - IN URIMAI KURAL -every one liked the tune ,. but not able to get the right lyric .Finally MGR had said , that though i donot get along with KD , his lyric , would be the best suited , Finally that had happened . this MSV mentioned , that individual likes , and dislikes does not matter at all , its only success and goodness .

Then MSV narrated , the compositon of the song THEDINEN VANTHATHU -

more than 8 tune were composed , and it was about to be recorded , but Msv did notice , Sridhar was tense , and the body language of him wasnot good - usual sridhar mannerism -- biting his nails -
Sridhar opened up , to say that he is looking a little fast beats , and to be a dance number .Then came the spark - what has been in air for last 43 years but still not out .

then the topic came - about MSV as a singer - to that he simply remarked , that NAAN PAADA VAIPAVAN - PADAGAN ALLA . and he narrated how he sang ALLAh ALLAh in MBT. Msv has made Md Rafi sing for his Hindi Movie - and Md Rafi has also sung a malayalam no - Rafi had requested MSv to give a chance in tamil .
Remembering this MSv wanteed Rafi to sing - but due to time constraints it could not happen . Cho wanted his VISU to sing - but MSV wasnot amused .
alternatively - he has suggested Nagoor Hanifa , Pithukuli Murugadas -

then Cho wanted to put Thiruvular cheetu , infront deitys photo with all names , and picked up one to sing =- and the one picked up had MSV's name -so the world came across , the best playback singer of tamil world
msvisvanathan . only in the record releasing c function , cho had told MSV that he had only Msv name in all the slips .
any cho did a magnificient job to TFM - according to me .to get tens of great emotional numbers later years .

about team work - he narrated the composition of and filming of YAARANTHA NILAVU - FROM SHANTHI

he composed the song fr TMs to sing in Husky voice and on hearing this rehersal TMS was very upset , and told MSV , that he was trying to close TMS career, by giving this no . MSV pleaded , TMS to sing that song , and after recording , TMS was very happy , and Thanked MSV profusely for that no .
A day before shooting as usual NT listened to the song and the next day , he cancelled the call sheet - the trend continued for 3 days .
Finally it took , Bheem bhai to be present in front of NT to find the reasons fr the cancellations , and about the losses it would fetch
NT had told bheem bhai Visu had tuned this excellntly , kD had written
the song magnificently , and TMs had a;lso sung it wonderfully , and my efforts should bring justice to their hardwork , hence i am doing home work to match to their guiles .

MSV said , such was the intense competition , with each other ,only to make the package better with out any hatred .

Kovai Mural sang that song beautifully ., and you could see the masters appreciative gestures , whenever the sangathis fell in places .
and at the end MSV said = rombha pramathamai paadineenga murali

VASHITAR VAYAAL BRAHMARISHI FOR MYURALI AND
MURALIS PRIDE IS OTHER PLAY BACK SINGERS ENVY .

then came question onUSV - athavan said , many in public , feel , thet MSV didnot use the instruments that got used for the film , and such was the magic of that movie , especially BANSEER KATHAL PARAVAIGAL

Msv narrated how he got into the film

originally , another MD was appointed , and all advertisements came out in his name only , and even 2 songs had been recorded .
then MGR needed a chnge, and wanted MSV .MSV refused , as he never wanted to get into the slot of other

avarum oru maha vidhwan - all of us know who he is , but MSV didnt mention his name pblymentioned his probably he though that would bring disrespect to the great 'vidhwan in his trade .
Msv als added that he tuned, and recorded 10 song in 15 days - some days 9am to 9 pm .

all through the sessions , Mgr never looked happy , and when mgr offered him , the remuneration , MSV refused and then MGR said all distributors were very happy , and the songs were top class , and distributors were left wondering on the music . mgr said that he looked unhappy , to bring out best in MSV .he also said that MGR went into shooting abroad with out any story but only with songs

Then came MAYAKKAMA KALAKKAMA -

the master said this song had recovered many people from the doldrums , many owe their life for this song including a famous poet , and industrialist .again he didnot want to name the poet . But athavan said that poet himself , has openly told about this so we can name and said its valee .

YOU HAVE READ ON HOW , ATHAVEYES BECAME MOIST .and became emotional . to the extend that MSv had to say that he would tune Mayakkama kalakkama in entertaining mood .

LET ME ADD HERE AN AUTHENTIC INFO
heard from Horses MOUTH

its not just eyes becoming moist - he cried itself , which was cut when telecasted

WHAT A VICTORY FOR KD AND MSV = WHAT IF NO AWARDS ARE NOT CONFERRED ON THEM .

TO MAKE LIGHTER THE SITUATION MSv played adaludan paadalai kettu

IF YOU GUYS NEED MORE INFO

WATCH OUT THIS PROGRAMME IS GOING TO EXTEND FOR ANOTHER 9 months minimum .

many of MSvs colleques will be coming into the screen , praising the
GREATEST SON OF TFM

enjoy folks .

'
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vijayakrishnan,
Many thanks for taking the time and effort to write about this wonderful telecast. When I read your posting, I feel as if I am actually watching the programme. It was interesting to know the background behind Yaarandha Nilavu. I have a DVD of a music programme commemorating Nadigar Thilagam called 'Shivaji oru Sahaptham' (probably recorded in 2005). TMS sang this song on stage and MSV-TKR personally supervised the orchestra (just for this song). Before the song, Mellisai Maamannar gave a brief introduction and mentioned that TMS almost refused to sing this song and that MSV nearly fell at his feet and implored him to sing. Apparently once the recording was over, TMS hugged Mellisai Maamanar and 'kissed' him and all that! After MSV finished mentioning this, TMS hugged him on the stage just like two good old friends who meet after a long time. I got emotional just watching those two!
Thank you once again,
Yours sincerely,
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearty Welcome to Parthavi! We are all delighted to have you here!!

Great posts by our VK, our Dr.Damodar, Ramesh and the respected, Professor.

Our site is now Rocking than ever.... Let this trend continue!!

Hail MSV!
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. VK has given a vivid portrayal of the 'Endrum MSV' program. I had to leave in the middle of this episode and Mr. VK's narration filled the gaps in my viewing.
I wish to write about the previous episode of Endrum MSV (telecast on 7th dec) since I don' find any write up on this.
In this episode, MSV made a few "confessions," in keeping with his humility.
He spoke about the song "Naan oru kaathal sanyaasi' from Thavapputhalvan. He first sang the pallavi as it is and then slightly changed the pattern and stunned all, because the changed tune was the same as 'Raghupathy aghava Rajaram" Sing this song in the tune of 'Raghupathy Raghava' and you will experience the surprise. Aathavan exploded in his inimitable chaste Tamil, "Enna thiruvilaiyattu idhu!" 'Thiruvilaiyattu' is the term we use (in Hinduism) to refer to God's playful ways ('lila' in Sanskrit) I think it was the most appropriate description. What MSV has done is a magic, which no one except himself would have been able to find out. He also narrated how during a program on Gandhi Jayanthi, he played the song and asked the audience to identify the origin of the tune and how no one from the audience was able to discover this, even after he gave a clue that it was linked to Gandhiji!

He also said 'Unakkenna mayley nindraay' was inspired by a Hindi song and sang the original song also. Well, the Hindi song might have given him a spark but his creation is a class of its own. I have heard many experts mentioning that this song is based on Sindhu Bhairavi. Since Sindhu Bhairavi is also used in Hindustani music, I would say that this is only a case of a music director composing a song based on a classical raagaa. I understand that a number of film songs have Sindhu Bhairavi as the base.

The third "confession" he made was even more stunning. He said that he once told Naushad Ali (whom MSV considers as an inspiration but who was proud to call himself a fan of MSV!) that he had"stolen" one of his tunes. He sang the original song and showed how 'Poomaalaiyil oer malligai' was inspired by this.

MSV has the honesty and integtity to reveal the sources ofhis inspiration but we all know the power of his creation. He is a creator who will improvise his own tune when he sings it for the second time. SPB once remarked that when MSV composes music for a song, he will sing the pallavi 4 or 5 times and every time it will be different! Such is his natural inclination for creativity and improvisation.

By revealing the sources of his inspiration, the Mastero only goes up further in our admiration for his simplicity, humility and his attitude that his music is more important than himself. Which other music director would have given credit for such a soul-stirring song like 'nenjam marappathillai' (which took the duo two months and several attempts,) to the director of the fim Sridhar, who could not be easily satisfied?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: