"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ENRENDRUM MSV IN MEGA TV
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: ENRENDRUM MSV IN MEGA TV Reply with quote

hI FOR ALL

STARTING FROM TOMORRW , AT 10 AM , A NEW PROGRAMME TITLED "ENRENDRUM MSV" WILL BE ON AIR

ENJOY FOLKS Smile Smile Smile
baroque

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the SONGS for the rest of us, Sir.
love, Vinatha.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the same programme, for which Mr .vaithy is asking for details , some time back .i think
this is to be compered by Mr Athavan, who did compering in master un plugged , as well as in kannadasan memorial programme .

If i go with Master's words in that programme, athavan has interviwed him on than 300 songs .

let me try and cover the programme .
baroque

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
300 songs... That's nice, Sir.
ENJOY!
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

its unfortunate that due to heavy rains , my cable network developed some issues , and a few channels had vedeo / audio problems.and MEGA was one among them
but i could make out that In the first episode ,MSv explains about his initial struggles , and how he came up .

will try and get this and get back
hope todays programme , i am able to see .

regds
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

its unfortunate that due to heavy rains , my cable network developed some issues , and a few channels had vedeo / audio problems.and MEGA was one among them
but i could make out that In the first episode ,MSv explains about his initial struggles , and how he came up .

will try and get this and get back
hope todays programme , i am able to see .

regds
S.V.Srinivasan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw "Enrum MSV" on Mega TV yesterday; I had missed the first episode on 16th November. What enthusiasm and what humility Mellisai Mannar displayed! I don't know why but I kept getting teary-eyed several times during the one-hour program. Perhaps I'm getting more emotional with age (50 years now), but I wasn't like this even one year back. I got misty-eyed when he spoke about his wonderful collaboration with Kannadasan when they created "Isai kaettal puvi asaindhadum", "Naalai mudhal kudikka maataen", etc. I even told my wife about this strange vulnerability I seem to have developed in matters involving MSV (and Kaviarasar).

Does this happen to other MSV rasikas?
baroque

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Sorry VK sir.
Hope you get to enjoy future episodes with out inconviences.
love, Vinatha.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: How to Register? Reply with quote

Dear Mr. SV Srinivas,
At 50, you are young enough to dance. Well what ever reasons behind your misty eyes, it is a case of admiration of the legend especially after one's experience of witnessing the calculated / orchestrated praising of persons, forcibly telling that "I DID IT".Here is a legend who needs being reminded of his glories. He would dismiss everything as of no consequence. This is essentially a draw back acquired from the earlier culture of "stay relegated and do not project yourself". You can very well understand rhe scale of contribution by MSV and that from others of comparable status. Despite the systematic hype and efforts to keep themselves aloft by all forms of projection of selves,
MSV stays gloriously an ICON -respectable by humility and venerable by quality.
Truly a magnifivent pair we had in MSV -Kannadasan as the 2 forms of music -'words' and 'octaves'.
Anyone who has uncontaminated appreciation and therefore an adoration of these legends would develop 'misty eyes' - a form of respect that flows - flows in spontaneous, subconscious but unintended display. All is well with you sir .
Please donot worry. Many are holding it [the information] back. You are one of those silent admirers full of respect for elegance and fine sense of quality.
If possible someone should record the Mega TV episodes on CDs, so that it will be a treasure from the gold mine. Keep enjoying his songs that soul satisfy always.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
msvramki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SVS,

As Professor said, you are not alone going emotional on subjects relating MSV - there are innumerable admirers of the Master all over the world who experience this emotion always whenever they listen to His soul stirring songs, discuss matters relating to Him and see His bottom- to- earth behavious in spite of His sky-high-achievements. . And that is basically because His music has touched our souls all these years and is being with us as an integral part of our head and heart. That is how it is and that is what will be !!

Regards
Ramki
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: ENRUM MSV - MEGA TV ON SUNDAYS AT 10 AM -EPISODE 3 Reply with quote

Endrum msv – mega tv –on Sundays at 10 am – 3 episode

Hi , I am back , but still , due to heavy rains , there are some issues with audio / video of the programme in cable , so I have given account of what I can .
This episode started with” RAGANGAL 16 “ – FROM Thillu mullu – a pleasant melody , sung very well by Ananthu .
After this soothing melody , then came IDDI ,MAZHAI song – En rakku , A MUST SONG FOR ALL LIGHT MUSIC programmes , from Patti kada pattanamma. Sung by kovai murali .
For this song the maestro recalled an incident , that he was performing a concert at a wedding in Calicut , and when this song was played , all , cutting across ages and sex started dancing , and our MSV noticed some arquments between the groom , and bride. He was left wondering , whether they did not like th song being played , and after a few seconds found only coat , and the garlands on reception stage , and Msv spotted the groom , also joining the dancing floor , for that song
And then only he sighed relief . and extended the song to 10 minutes , so the mappillai can enjoy that fully . and concluded it was such a famous song .
Msv also informed writer balamurugan said that the a rakku . mooku all typical rural language .
You know the reason for the success of this song
Yes you guessed it right – it’s the situation , and actors –
Mmm – I donot know when MSV is going to take credit which he rightly deserves
Then came , a ever living melody , which melts me and many ofcourse
Kathal siragai , katrrinil virithu from Palkum Pazhamum – A Msster piece from the Master in with PS .
Mellisai mannar said , this is inspired from Naushad opening - and he quoted the song “ azharre as an example .”
When this pallum pazhamum , was made in Hindi – Mr naushad Liked this song much .and appreciated him .
And again the credit goes , to the situation , and every thing else and he is nothing .
Then again , Aathavan went to another THULLAL PAADAL , and ever youth song ,” thullluvatho illamai ‘from kudiyiruntha kovil .
Msv said that he was very impressed with Some of the old english movies , where these kind of Bull fights , were filmed . he had suggested to the film crew , that they could do , a song , with such rhythem , and bull fight – thus the song came in to existence .
Later came in NENJAM MARAPATHILEY -
MSV said the credit for this ever lasting melody should go to Mr Sridhar , who wanted a song which would never be forgotton . MSV-KD combo worked for 2 months , and they have even composed music , in Bombay for this song , and finally this song was born .
Aathavan tried his best to get the info ., how he composed this , esp , the humming with somuch sangathis , and MSv , praised the director , situation , story , and every one else than the creator of the melody .
MSV , also added that , he had a horrifying experience , in his life . I think , he narrated some incidents in his family and uncle , and the audio , was very feeble , donot know , whether its done at studios , as The great was in two minds to narrate that , and finally decided to tell .
MSV said songs do influence the incidents in life
He told about another song , from the film’ THEE ‘ - I forgot to note down the number , it had
A lot of “ ARRAH SORKAL “ . THIS song was supposed to have been recorded with an upcoming singer at that time , and at the last minute KD , wanted MSV to sing , and it was recorded .
But he quoted many incidents relating to this song
a) When he did a concert , in Canada – this was requested by the audience , and he responded.
When he reached the hotel , he received a call from his son , to say that MAHARAJA PURAM SANTHANAM PASSED AWAY .
b) again , in another concert in the same tour , he again got a request , and again he responded , and that night , he received info that recordist ramamuthy passed away

c) In another concert (think in UK ) again , on the same tour, he had the request , and he was about to sing the song , when the musicians refused to play the song .

He said such would be the influence the songs can bring .
After his heavy topic , Aathavan wanted to make it light , so he wanted to know , the breezy song thus selected ULLAGAM PIRANTHATHU ENNAKKAGA from paasam .
On getting the song , MSV , Oh vaathiyaar pattu
Ofcourse , in the masters words the credit should go to the THAI PAASAM . and situation .
Let me add a few things
1) The programme is good , especially , the execution of songs – In cricket , they used to say CAPTAIN IS AS GOOD AS HIS TEAM . in MSV team’s case –its otherwise , he is good , so his team follows the leader . to get the nostalgic , feeling ,all he needs is harmonium , key board , tabla , drums and flute . its really astronishing to hear , how he enacts the same magic , again .with fewer instruments .
2) His AALUMAI over the listeners every one knows , but his command over the singers and Instrumentalists , is to be enjoyed , looking at .His every small signs. Movements are well received , and followed .
3) and ofcourse , his never tiring enthusiasm , and involvement in what he does – is a lesson to the youngsters . Not a minute , he was quiet , either he was on harmonium or in key board
LONG LIVE MSV- WITH THE SAME ENTHU AND HEALTH .
baroque

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sir for the post.
Film THEE... Rajini..I recall a duet by Vani & Jayachandran AYYAVUKKU MANASUYERUKKU..... only.
Take care, Sir!
the heavy rains and poor or no proper drainage, at Madras some areas have water knee to waist deep etc.. Sad Bad situation. Year after year, for decades people have to suffer the same inconveniences. Sad Sad
Vinatha.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this particular episode when they showed it first time.

Luckily yesterday (13.12.2008) they repeated this episode.

For me also, the incidence reg. THEE was very strange.
Apart from Ayyavukku manasirukku, two more songs are there.
1. Vare vaa raja ithu indira lokam... LRE
2. Maadi veeta paarthadhundu madi padi yeriathille... (in the harbour).

May be the song quoted in the episode, they wud have dropped from the movie.

The re-recording of THEE will be very extraordinary.
I like the movie for MSVs music, Rajni and the way it was presented.
The location (Sri Lanka) will be very nice.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinatha/mahesh

The thee song was -theeyae unnakku savu varathaa == and infact he said a few words of pallavi -
the way MSV said , donot think he would even mention the same again
its left to us -
per him , it has affinity to srilankan tamils so wherever he goes srilankan tamils ask for that song , and cry with that song .

all of us know , how emotive our great is -- thats pushing me to listen that song
hope i succeed
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: The "thee song" Reply with quote

The lines which MSV quoted were 'Aalukkoru thedhi vachchu aandavan azhaippaan." That is how this song is considered as a premonition of death. This is what he mentioned by "aram" (In Tamil literature, aram is considered to be a kind of poem a poet could compose to bring death to a king, who has done some injustice to the poet or to the people. In Veera Paandiya Kattabomman, when Banner Durai asks Kattabomman to ask for pardon, Katta Bomman (Sivaji Ganesan) retors, "If only my court poet had heard this, he would have destroyed you by composing an"aram.") I don't know in which song (or film) this line comes. I think MSV mentioned the name of the film as "Thee", but I do not remember to have herard these lines.

By the way, someone mentioned that this program was retelecast on 13th. I have to be out on Sunday mornings and I have to miss this show some times. I have written to Mega TV requesting for a repeat telecast in the night. If it is being done already,someone may indicate the time so that I will be able to watch it.

I am 57. I have been enchanted by Viswanathan-Ramamamurthy's music even from my school days, even before I could know who created those soul-stirring songs. Many of the songs make me emotional often triggering tears in my eyes - I don't know why. Many songs make me feel that I am being carried to another world. KD's lyrics add to the magic.

I also feel emotional when listening to the Man, overwhelmed by his passion for music and his tendency to hide himself behind his great music. The only thing that makes me happier than listening to MSV's music is hearing someone acknowledging his glory, because this great person who has raised film music to levels which his predecessors and successors can only look up from below with awe, has just not been given the place he desrves.

So it is heartening to listen to tributes to the Mastero from unexpected quarters. Recently, SP Saran, while answering a question in the Hindu, as to which music director, of all the ones to whose tunes he has sung was the most creative, said that MSV was the most creative of all, (and he hoped that every one would agree with him) and that he had no opportunity of singing for him. On 16th, singer Srikanth said in Vijay TV's Super Singer program that he had once witnessed MSV's composing and found it incredible tha he could come out with so many pleasing tunes for a song within a short time, while other music directors will struggle even for one good tune. The other judge Unnikrishnan also observed about "Sambo Siva Sambo" that he felt that MSV would have sung this song so easily in one take without even a rehearsal, just by sitting with his harmonium and having a go at it. srinivas nodded his head in full force enthusiastically
It is nice to see that some of the younger generation Music personalities are aware of the greatness of this living legend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: