"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV's PIANO CONCERT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.SATHYAVAGEESWARAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: MSV's PIANO CONCERT Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy and other MSV Crew Members,

I attended piano programme of the great MSV today. I do not know how to express my feelings. The concert was great! It was so nice to hear the old songs played by instrumentalists. It is a novel idea. All the artists played very well. I feel some songs require some more practice and rehersal. I wish such programmes are conducted in a big way.

It was a nice to see MSV playing the piano. MSV was very cheerful. It was a treat! and I have energised my batteries with the great songs!

I thank you Mr.Vaidy and other core members for having taken the pain of arranging this wonderful programme. I could understand how much hard work you all would have put in to make this programme a successful one.

Thanking you, once again,

S.Sathyavageeswaran
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

i donot know , how to express our appreciation , and sincere thanks to M/s vaithy , ramki , and other core members .

i am sure our great Master would have come another round , with his flag flying high , had these coremembers were active , as Our MM lacked only the spokes persons , with his energy , creativity , motivation , all in tact and in place . and the programme proved just that.
after this concert , i am eagarly waiting for the CD OR DVD OF THE PROGRAMME , to be released soon , its a must in every house of MSVs ardent fans .

donot worry , i am not going to write about the programme , as i know , there are more capable hands to describe what happened yesterday .

my only concern is after yesterdays concert , How is Our Master feeling .,

his happiness and health are more important . let him not strain overly .
may be we can select such melodious songs , which donot excite him much

pls consider

I PRAY GOD TO GIVE MORE SUCH OCCASIONS TO PONDER OVER .
long live melody emperor
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MSVIANS,

What a concert it turned out to be!!!! Even in this kind of instrumental ensemble of film songs our great god of music is Pioneer!!!! At this age, how active he was ! After creating the very grammar for light music, the legend is humble,polite and modest. We should not only learn the nuances of music but also how to be modest and humble after achieving so much to ponder for 100 of years in music.

Isai Devaimae !!! Engal ullathai ungallukku samarpikkirom !!! Anbai thavira engalidam tharuvadarkku vaerondrum illai Iyyane!! Engal anbai marupathirkku ungallal mudiyadhu iyya !!! Eppadi ungallin isaiai engallal marakka mudiyaadho appadi iyyanae !!!

Ungal kaaladiyil enadhu Uyir

Sampat

Ram

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Master Rules Anytime !!! Reply with quote

It is really great to know that the programme was so mesmerizing!

Hats-off to the Legend whose creative mind is so active even in his 80's.

Few questions I have below.....

Can anyone name a person like our Legend who can think of a concert like this at this age?

3 hours non-stop?

Be so energized throughout the show?

Be so sincere about the programme and not sleep for few days?

Keep the full crowd in the auditorium intact and make each and everyone fill with emotions ?

Give a full fledged concert on an instrument which he has not learnt formally, but all with ears? (In a world where people prepare so much to give an Artificial Arangetram)

Above all "GENERATE" melodies with his own improvisations - all IMPROMPTU ????

The answer for all the above questions is simply a big "NO" !!!

At the feet of the Master.....

Ram

baroque

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FANTASTIC!

Guys, please upload few secs video highlight for others in MSVTIMES video section.
Will wait eagerly for the video/dvd release.
Vinatha.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Was it Creator unplugged. Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
The programme ' creator unplugged'
was actually in effect 'Creator plugged every critic'.
What do I mean by this.
Introspection by the current MDs would reveal for themselves, they can not field this many numbers of EVERGREEN SONGS received with delight and ovation, from EVERY MEMBER IN THE AUDITORIUM, irrespective of age [an index of Nostalgia].
All the songs literally rejuvenated everyone alike from a child to any octogenarian like MSV and quite few such in the audience.
Certainly the occasion proved beyond any semblance of a shadow of doubt. that with a limited set of instruments he can provide unlimited magnificence of melodies. None else can line-up so many songs, each with its own grandeur of electrifying orchestration -absolutely heavenly.
There was a liberal flow of thunderous clapping literally consuming a fair span of time cutting into the time of the next song.
It was a moment, sorry an entire evening of happiness that pervaded the hall. minds and every conceivable item relating to that programme.
The professionals [I mean the singers and the related clan were honestly dumbfounded] were perhaps ruminating over the prospect making such items for all their lives.
The richest encomium to the concert was the absolute ease with which every member identified every song right at the stroke of the first note or beat,- it means what?
Each item has its identity exclusively for itself and 2
Every song stays deeply etched in the listener and effortlessly emerges from within as if you are calling out your brother's name at the very sight or from his voice.
Mere instrumental play recapitulated all lyric with total clarity.
How many later songs will pass all the acid tests listed herein.
Above all, MSV gave a grand invocation of GODS with 'Pullanguzhal koduththa'. 'Allah. Allah' and 'Vinnulagil irundhu Devan irangi' neatly blended into a confluence suggesting Amity - a tribute to our culture.
There was no scope for any criticism about the event per se.
Thus this Creator[MSV] plugged every mouth and thought of criticism.
Thus it was creator unplugged to plug .
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

in the middle of concert , my son 12 years , asked asked me how old is master -- when i said 80- he could not believe .

such was the outflow , of energy from the master .

The master is so involved , that , he didnot leave to his assistants to conduct entirely , and entered the fray whenever the tempo , has slowed down , and one can see the diff with in seconds

i just recollected subudus writting on Mm , in Idayam pesugirathu .

" evalavu peria orchestra irundalum , msv viralukku vasappadum . avar oru singam , and entha thappum seia vidamattar ...

may be a few words , would have changed , but the content is the same

a proof again after decades.

all i could do is pray to god , that he gives many such programmes .
Venkat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof and Dear Mr.VK,

I missed you both. Paakalam next time...
I met Mr.Ramki, Mr.Vaidy, Mr.Raghavendran, Mr.Jayaraman and Mr.Ramesh.

Me and Mr.Ramesh were sitting next to each other.
We were discussing about the greatness and the genius within our Master Creator for each of his composition.

I took my wife and my kids (daughter 10 yrs 2 mths and son 3 yrs 10 mths) to the stage and we were standing very near to Shri.MSV.

They were very happy to see him so closely.

I too was surprised to see him mostly standing and conducting the orchestra inspite of Ananthu doing it...

Notes kooda vechukalai... deepathuku ethukku velicham...
Sangeetha Saraswathi M.S.V - enbathu migavum poruthamana oru title...
Saraswathiyin kadaksham avarukku endraikkum undu...

A very good example of his humbleness.
When the award was given to Violin Kalyan, he requested him to go and get it from T.K.R.

Yaarukku varum intha manasu...

Andraya anbavathai koora oru puthagame ezhudhalam...
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: A note from Ramesh Pichai Reply with quote

A Note from Ramesh Pichai - A great fan of MSV !!!

GREATEST MUSCIAL SHOW. Thanks to Core members for providing this opportunity for people like me. Special Thanks to MR.Vaidy for his hard work . I think he got energy transferred from MUSICAL GOD as he moves very closely with him.

Special day for me also as I was waiting for this opportunity to meet MUSICAL GOD closely. I came very early on that day and fell on HIS FEET AND HE BLESSED ME "NALLA IRUNGA". He immediately said KALIL VIZHATHINGA"(DONT FALL ON MY FEET). I replied UNGAL KALIL VIZHAMAL YARR KALIL VIZHUVATHU. He laughed majestically.

Music director Vidya sagar said we are listening only 70% from Singers(what MUSICAL GOD TAUGHT THEM). Already so much got edited in editing table(prelude/postlude/BGM ). That means we dont have what MUSICAL GOD actually did. With all these hurdles HIS MUSIC STILL RULES THE WORLD.

regards
ramesh
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really turned out be an eventful evening to see the jam packed auditorium along with the numbers played. Let me recollect some of those memorable moments out here.

I would like to mention about the instrumentalists Mr.SAKTHI NATHAN(on Sax and flute) , the Great Violinist Mr.KALYAN , the two Lead guitarists Mr.RADHA VIJAYAN and Mr.BALAJHI , the ACCORDIONIST Mr. RAJKUMAR (the same old kid of "Ramu " => many may not know his exceptional skills @ Piano , Yes HE IS AN AMAZING PIANIST. We happen to listen to his Piano while setting up the Acoustics in the auditorium before the show !!!) , the Great Tabla player one and only PRASAD, "THUMBA" SHEKHAR, "SHEHANAI" SATHYAM's son (beg your pardon I dont remmeber his name) , the person on the Keyboard and of course the two conductors who captured the show with their expertise on the instruments per se along with an exquisite and aesthetic display of their talents.

Especially, the peppy number "THEDINAEN VANTHATHU" on Sax is an amazing idea perceived really well and presented with embellishments that had the whole auditorium on their toes dancing !!! I really could not stop my leg movements...I could realise myself losing out to the Sax Piper !!! IMHO , the live performance of the song in Sax proved better than the original track per se !! Smile I could not have asked for more if that was played again !!!

The other interesting aspect that took over me was TABLA PRASAD's talent , especially when the medley was played along with the "ENNADI RAKKAMMAA". I just could not believe my ears when he played the pallavi and some part of the charanam with the GUMUKI on the TABLA...Yes he was playing the song's notes on the Tabla.... My god !! I was completely dumbstruck ... What an unsung HERO he is !!!

"SINGING VIOLINIST" Kalyan really did sing the songs with his ETERNAL Violin...He was really a GREAT support for the whole orchestra who played his part to the fullest , I mean , to the complete Extent that he was expected to and in my opinion he was performing it even more than expected. He really really DESERVES the AWARD !!!

The solo ACCORDION by Mr.RAJKUMAR along with Piano for the song "KANNIRANDUM MINNA MINNA.." from Andavan Kattalai went beyond boundaries and he proved himself in many places for the songs as well especially for "ATHAN ...ENNATHAAN..".

The guitar number "AADAVARELLAAM..." sounded so rich in its genre with Mr.Radha Vijayan playng it solo in a standing posture !!

MORE TO FOLLOW......

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat

Last edited by tvvraghavan on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mahesh
sorry we missed to meet . i was just in time for the show , and immdtly had to leave after the show , as i have my daughter , recovering from the accident , happened 3 days before , as well as my 83 yr old uncle in hospital after accidental fall .
donot worry , both of them are ok , only thing , my wife is pretty upset , having missed the programme , and i having missed to meet our group .
let us meet again

any chance of coming to sivaji programme on 2 , and tribute to msv on 11
if so we will meet .
i thing shivajis programme will have 100 % msv songs as they are all from p madhavan fllms .
Venkat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.VK,
Oh. Is it so...
Please take care of your daughter and uncle.
We will meet next time...
I am not aware of these programs.
Venkat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
Me and Mr.Ramesh were sitting next to each other.
He shared this incident with me...
MSV stands as a symbol of Humbleness.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
DEAR MAHESH

they are ok .thanks .
pls see my another posting for the benefit of those who are interested .
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.VK,
Nice to hear that they are ok.
I saw your posting on the programmes.
Thanks for the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: