"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AvaLukkenru Oru Manam VI SONGS, MUSIC , BGM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: AvaLukkenru Oru Manam VI SONGS, MUSIC , BGM Reply with quote

AvaLukkenru oru manam VI Songs, Music, BGM

DEAR FRIENDS,
I know for sure that each of the items on the caption for the present piece no.Vi desrves a separate analysis. For some reasons, I wish to treat them as a complex, rather than as individual pieces. Why?

1. The elements - lyric. tune , music , orchestration and the subtle recalling them through BGM have brilliantly blended as a confluence into the movie as integral elements conferring life to the very story / Screen play.

2. Ever since, I revisited the movie for the sake of the present write-up based on clear perception, I am through some sort of melancholy gripping me. Honestly, I suffer within [though unnecessarily] at the thought of young girls seeking fashionable company of rich / resourceful boys, blindfolded by circumstances, just to lament for all life to come. The portayal by Muthuraman and Bharathi really disturb me as such characters are liberally strewn in the society. With permissive culture spreading its tentacles , THE ALMIGHTY should bestow His care on the gullible and safely conduct them to right destinations.

3 Friends might wonder that I am drifting . No sirs. Kaviarasu KaNNadasan and Mellisai Mannar Viswanathan deeply hurt our souls by lyric and Music while driving home the message of how agonizing it is to fall into a trap and helplessly suffer to safeguard the family prestige.

4. Under the circumstances , I am more comfortable considering these elements in the context of the movie as whole. Also my inability to analyse MSV for his rich nuances keeps me on the shores while the knowledgeable amongst us can help us enjoy Music as a subject for its soul-stirring value.

In all, there are 7 songs all penned by KaNNadasan. What astonishes me in A O M is, a strong dose of warning by comparison has been effectively done by the lyricist, the MD and the Director.

The only songs free of melancholy are
1. MALAR EDHU [PS] 2 Aa huha huha 1000 kanavu [ SPB]
All other numbers literally soak us in discomfort.

Unnidaththil ennai koduththaen [SJ] SEEMINGLY BEGINS ON A HAPPY NOTE . But soon touches on the happenings to be . "Yennadi viLiyaattu enru Sonnavan mozhi kaettu , Aasaiyil vizhundhaen angae , Kalaiyil kanavugaL engae?" Shot in picturesque locales of Kodaikanal [Golf links, Coaker's walk and the lake] MM has given a variety by his rich orchestration touching all moods of a desirous girl including the prophetic signal on the pathos to come.
1000 kanavu 1000 ninaivu BY SPB has been a very brisk number whose BGM is repeated by MM to link the thought when Kanchana enters the house of GG as Mrs. GG

Mangayaril Maharani [ PS SPB] An excellent song with vibrant chords and caressing beats of Tabla, takes you on the very first encounter. But MSV has marvellously availed humming [ humming in a disturbed voice] to carry the part of Bharathi in the comany of M R . This is what I meant as parallel comparison in presentation.

Ninaivellam un koil [SJ] A song fully designed to appeal to Goddess for retrieval of Bharathi to mainstream. Another brilliant conceptualization by MSV as he employs comparison in mental states. Kanchana is praying while Bharathi is preyed upon by on looking men in a bar. BGM is reserved only for the bar while the lyric lines are rendered in an appealing prayer form.Director CVS launches a parallel comparison, As Kanchana is served with divine theertham , Bharathis is served another theertham a euphemism for hard drink.

Ellorum paarka [LRE] THE SONG IS A FEATHER ON KANNADASN'S CAP . Starts as club number but takes a turn to pathos as Bharathi narrates her plight. MSV sustains the flow of the tune in a club song style in its structure, making the right emotional changes Bharathi tells in the song " KaNNa nee yaro enraen
Vidhi ennum devan
ViLaiyaada vandhaen enraan" LR E has given the right touches of heavy emotion through the song.

Devi yin koil paravai idhu [SJ]
Another song rich in pathos enormously embellished by stretched repeats of the last word or syllable. Though mild in orchestration the song leaves a deep impact as the character appeals for DIVINITY'S PARDON. THUS, ALL SONGS , THEIR STRUCTURING IN LYRIC AND TUNE have been done to total dedication .As such they effortlessly embrace the story and Create a lasting impression. Please pardon my inability to analyse each song. I am unable to since the very concept of the movie has effectively disturbed me.
To continue.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.

'
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I have been carefully reading your matchless articles on the different dimensions of the movie A O M and each is a master piece, as MSV's
creations !

This movie, which I might have seen a couple of times, has created a sense of social worry in me too ( as you have rightly related to the happenings of the present world) !

All the songs, glueing so well with the story and situations, have no parallel !

The way they are tuned to the wonderful lyrics of Kavirarasar,
it does create appropriate emotions taking you close to the
charecters.

Do we have at all any MDs who can visualise the 'feeling' and make the viewers ' feel' the charecter as our master has done all through ? As on date, in my personal point of view - a big NO.

All your chapters create an enthu in me to see the movie again (may not be once but multiple times) to feel whatever you have penned.

Good going ! Pl continue your mission.

RAMKI

Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual another very great write up dear Prof. about this film's music.

Malar ethu en kangal... One of my most favorite songs of PS.
This is a song with some spl. and unusual bgm with lovely chorus.

Unnidathil ennai koduthen... One of my most favorite songs of SJ.
Shenai matrum Flute romba pramadama irukum.

Of course other songs too are very good.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

AOM has brilliant music . MSV is a champion Composer. The pick being Malar edhu, Mangayaril magarani & the classy Unnidathil ennai ….the songs look amazingly fresh ! the songs have rich orchestration showcasing his variety. SPB got 2 songs , did his part well. P.S. class apart for Malar edhu….the surprise one being S.Janaki for Unnidathil !
On the whole, awesome music ….
Vaidy/Ramkee, any interesting titbit can you get from MSV on the songs ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: