"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AvaLukkenru Oru Manam III The Dialogue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: AvaLukkenru Oru Manam III The Dialogue Reply with quote

AVALUKKENRU ORU MANAM III The Dialogue

Dear Friends,
We now look at the all- important domain of A O M - the dialogue. Though in general, CVS was a pioneer in homely dialogues,
in A O M the dialogues have a different dimension altogether. How exactly this has come about is not too clear. But, certainly CVS has imbibed Bharathi's state of mind and has framed almost every word to bring the dimensions of this character. The best part of the movie moves on interrogative styles and only on occasions there are statements. A number of impressive expressions are strewn all over and all of them appear to be products of natural responses and do not appear to have been contrived. Even if brought in by calculated efforts, the play of words rather suggest natural flow. Though the total volume of dialogues is rather limited, they are quite incisive and sufficiently pithy to carry the story effortlessly.
When M Raman tries to gain access into the house of VS Raghavan, his daughter Kanchana cuts him short saying "Father has not yet returned from office" implying that you may go now.
When GG is not inclined to cope with Bharathi's company, she gets confused if she is making the right approach as GG was non receptive, She asks "Am I a child?" A perplexed GG replies 'No you are a teen age girl " The voice modulation and intonation makes it a very effective encounter.
When GG's father comes seeking alliance of Kanchana her father VS Raghavan is bewildered by the opposite party's status as judge and his affluence. VSR in a trembling voice seeks pardon saying 'We can not think of the proposal as we are no way a match to you people. All the words uttered are too plain and simple and thus powerful in portraying the social gap . An excellent approach in just two sentences.
When GG ,Kanchana and Bharathi visit a restaurant, menu cards are placed before all. Upon GG's request as to her choice, kANCHANA MAKES A DOWN TO EARTH PROCLAMATION, "YENAKKU IDHELLAM THERIYAADHU' [I do not know of using the menu card- a crisp reminder of her lower middle class grooming]
When Kanchana comes home as GG's wife, in a photograph GG appears in a hunter dress. She is frightened and asks "he hunts too" Bharathi quips "I have not seen him hunt anything EXCEPT YOU"- perhaps the only light veined utterance in the whole movie.
On a later occasion when GG warns Bharathi not to continue roaming with M Raman, she asks "Why?' GG replies "He is a bad fellow" Bharathi asks"If I roam with a good fellow, will you stay quiet?"
A powerful counter for which none can give an acceptable answer.
When Kanchana tries to elicit information as to why should Bharathi hang around GOPAL [ M Raman] she claims it is a pass time.
About herself Bharathi says ' I am an unlucky girl, an orphan, with none to care for me, I have no bondage in life, What ever I desired has not come to me" [ Narrates how she fell in bad company]
At one stage when M Raman makes a veiled reference to a physical relation, Bharathi says "I am your doll [ I dance to your tunes] , you can play with this doll but please do not scathe this doll [leave me in tact please, though I KEEP COMPANY WITH YOU" aN APPEAL THAT IS SO SOFTLY WORDED THAT EVEN M Raman comes to his human element and permits her to go. Any other paraphrasing would have not done greater justice and any observer would feel for the girl's shabby situation despite her all other positive virtues.
Having been forced to take a gulp of hard drink, Bharathi feels the futility of living and decides to end her life. She appeals to God on the ultimate night when she pathetically asks the Almighty " UN viLaiyattukku naan dhaana kidaichaen?" [ Why did you pick me for your play?] These effectively convey the plight of the girl who is a victim of circumstances, whose lone mistake was to have chosen an undesirable friend by sheer bad decision.
Throughout the movie all characters use the most parliamentary expressions including the diabolic Muthuraman. Such expressions of domestic flavour make the movie very absorbing though we too live in agony with Bharathi. Simplicity has a rich impact.
Please add your perceptions. Thank you.
Other domains would follow soon.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: